This Celestron Deluxe Photo/Video Tripod is an affordable, ergonomic, and stable choice for hands-free viewing through either binoculars, a camera, or a small spotting scope. Its built-in handle and lightweight aluminium frame make this tripod system the perfect companion for camping trips, nature outings, or as your go-to optical support stored in the back of your car. It comprises of 3-step fully adjustable legs, a geared central column, and has an impressive 68.5cm - 160cm height range. If you require more stability, be sure to utilise the central hook to add weight. In regard to the tripod head, it conforms to the 3-way panning style. This allows for swift movements when following animals on the ground, and in the sky. The included quick-release plate can easily be attached at speed to the 1/4-20 shoe mount on your camera or spotting scope. An additional adapter is needed for use with binoculars.
Celestron Deluxe Photo Video Tripod Key Features:
- Lightweight and easy-setup Photo/Video Tripod
- 3-way panning-style tripod
- Ideal for use with binoculars, cameras, and small spotting scopes
- 3-Step adjustable legs with a geared central column
- Minimum height of 68.5cm (27”)
- Maximum height of 160cm (63”)
- Weight capacity of approx. 1.8kg
- Includes a quick-release plate to efficiently support optics
- Built-in bubble level
- Central hook to hang extra weight for improved stability
- Aluminium frame
- Carry handle and soft-sided carrying case included
- Requires separate adapter for use with binoculars
What's in the box?
- 1 x Deluxe Photo Video Tripod
- 1 x Quick-release plate
- 1 x Carry case
How do you use this tripod with binoculars?
This tripod requires a separate tripod adapter to become compatible with binoculars, such as the Celestron Binocular Tripod Adapter.
Is this specifically for lightweight optics?
Yes, be sure to not exceed the 1.8kg maximum carrying capacity as this is a lightweight tripod.
How do you attach a spotting scope to this tripod?
Simply utilise the 1/4-20 shoe mount on your spotting scope and connect this to the quick-release plate, before then attaching it to the tripod.
Will this fit in the back of a car as a backup tripod for birdwatching?
Yes, this would be a perfect choice for this because of how affordable, lightweight, and easy it is to set up. The folded length of this tripod is 68.5cm.
Back to top