Now available on over 90 cameras and lenses, plus hundreds of accessories
As a company of photographers, we understand how important it is to be able to rely on your gear. To ensure you can be confident in your purchase, we now offer the Wex Warranty across a wide range of items, including popular bodies like the Canon 5D IV and Nikon Z 6, plus lenses, tripods, lighting and more.
For selected cameras and lenses, the Wex Warranty offers an extra 12 months of cover on top of the existing manufacturer warranty, while a range of accessories and lighting items come with up to 10 years of cover. We even offer lifetime cover on selected hard cases and cables.
Offered in association with our sister company Fixation, the UK’s leading photographic repair specialist, the Wex Warranty means we will pick up the bill to fix any issues that arise within the specified terms. The full list of items covered can be found here.
In the market for second-hand gear? You’ll be pleased to learn that all Wex used items come with a 12-month warranty unless otherwise stated on the relevant product page.
So how does the Wex Warranty work?
- When you purchase an item covered by the Wex Warranty, we will email the relevant details to you. Please keep this email safe.
- Should a fault arise, phone our dedicated warranty team on the number provided. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happens next?
- Firstly, we will go through some simple diagnostics to see if the problem can be resolved without sending off your gear.
- If you require a repair, we will pick up your item free of charge. If you prefer to drop off your gear in person, feel free to visit your local Wex store.
- The Fixation technicians will assess the fault and, if it falls within our warranty terms, they will make the repair free of charge, including parts and labour.
- In the event that your item isn’t covered by our warranty, we'll provide you with a free estimate before conducting the repair.
- Once the repair is completed, we will arrange for delivery of your item, free of charge.
The small print
The Wex Warranty applies to your equipment when the original manufacturer’s warranty ends.
- For lenses and camera bodies, the Wex Warranty applies when the original manufacturer warranty has ended, offering an additional 12 months’ worth of cover.
- For Calumet and Bowens items, the length of cover varies according to the product – see the full list here.
- The Wex Warranty is limited and non-transferable.
- The Wex Warranty covers parts and labour costs in relation to the repair of any fault that occurs during normal usage of the item (subject to the exclusions set out below). Wex reserves the right to repair, replace or refund goods under this warranty.
- The Wex Warranty does not cover:
- accidental damage and misuse
- wear and tear
- faults caused by shock or fall, sand, dust, dirt, damp or corrosion, leaky batteries, an act of war or terrorism, fire, theft, attempted theft, accidental or malicious damage, vandalism, corrosion, water contamination or ingress, frost, flooding or other adverse weather conditions, repair or cleaning by unauthorised personnel
- faults that have occurred because you have not used, stored or handled the product properly or have not followed written instructions for use the product
- damage or defect due to wilful neglect or negligence by anyone other than us
- faults relating to image sharpness of a lens that are clearly open to human judgment
- loss of quality, degredation or performance or actual damage that results from the use of spare parts or other replaceable items (such as consumables) that are neigher made nor recommended by the manufacturer
- faults due to the connection of other fittings or accessories to teh product that we have not approved
- lost or damaged data
- items purchased through Fixation
Which products are covered by the Wex Warranty?
There are over 500 products covered by the Wex Warranty, the full list of which can be found here. We will also include the Wex Warranty banner on the relevant product page on the Wex Photo Video website.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com, or by phone on 01603 605290.