Our own extended warranty for a selected range of professional products.
As a company of photographers, we want you to feel confident that the equipment that you’re buying is covered in the unlikely event of faults or defects. That’s why we’re adding an extra year of cover to a range of professional-level equipment. Backed by our sister company, Fixation – the UK’s leading Canon and Nikon repair specialists, Wex will pick up the repair bill for problems that arise, due to any manufacturing fault, for 12 months after the end of the manufacturer’s warranty for selected items.
How the Warranty works
- When you purchase your item, we will send you an email with your extended warranty certificate attached. Keep this safe, as it explains all the details of the warranty.
- Should a fault arise, ring our special Wex warranty number on your certificate or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Firstly, we will go through some simple diagnostics to see if we can help you solve the problem.
- If you require a repair, we will arrange for a pick-up of the item to be delivered to the Fixation workshops, free of charge.
- Our sister company, Fixation, will assess the fault and whether it falls within our warranty terms.
- Fixation will repair any covered fault that arises, free of charge, including parts and labour.
- We will provide a free estimate of any repairs which are not covered by The Warranty.
- Once the repair is completed, we will arrange for delivery of the item back to the Customer, free of charge.
What are the Terms of the Wex Warranty?
The Wex Warranty applies to your equipment when the original manufacturer’s warranty ends.
- Wex Warranty will cover the period between 366 days and 730 days after the delivery of your covered equipment.
- The Warranty is limited and non-transferable.
- The Warranty covers parts and labour costs in relation to the repair of any fault which occurred during normal usage of the item (subject to the exclusions set out below). Wex reserves the right to repair, replace or refund goods under this warranty.
- The Wex Warranty does not cover:
- accidental damage and misuse
- wear and tear
- faults caused by shock or fall, sand, dust, dirt, damp or corrosion, leaky batteries, an act of war or terrorism, fire, theft, attempted theft, accidental or malicious damage, vandalism, corrosion, water contamination or ingress, frost, flooding or other adverse weather conditions, repair or cleaning by unauthorised personnel
- faults that have occurred because you have not used, stored or handled the product properly or have not followed written instructions for use the product
- damage or defect due to wilful neglect or negligence by anyone other than us
- faults relating to image sharpness of a lens that are clearly open to human judgment
- loss of quality, degradation of performance or actual damage that results from the use of spare parts or other replaceable items (such as consumables) that are neither made nor recommended by the manufacturer
- faults due to the connection of other fittings or accessories to the product which we have not approved
- lost or damaged data
- Does not cover items purchased through Fixation.
Which products are covered by the extended Wex Warranty?
There are a selected number of products that qualify, please look out for the Wex Warranty banner on the product page.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us either by email, or call us at 01603 486413.