Rode VideoMic NTG
The Rode VideoMic NTG is an on-camera, highly-directional, broadcast-quality shotgun microphone boasting numerous features. These include flat-frequency response, precision gain control, and tight polar pattern that along with other high-quality sound technologies ensure exceptional audio in any recording; from broadcast to short art films. The microphone has an auto-sensing 3.5mm output that work brilliantly with cameras and mobile devices; whereas, the USB output More
Thinking of upgrading? Trade in today
1x Rode VideoMic NTG Sorry, there are no more available.
Finance options available
The Rode VideoMic NTG is an on-camera, highly-directional, broadcast-quality shotgun microphone boasting numerous features. These include flat-frequency response, precision gain control, and tight polar pattern that along with other high-quality sound technologies ensure exceptional audio in any recording; from broadcast to short art films. The microphone has an auto-sensing 3.5mm output that work brilliantly with cameras and mobile devices; whereas, the USB output delivers direct connectivity to a tablet or a computer making this microphone extremely versatile and convenient to use. Additionally, the microphone has been crafted from aerospace-grade aluminium making it durable, yet lightweight at only 94g.
Rode VideoMic NTG Key Features:
- Two stage (75Hz/150Hz) high pass filter frequency
- Features an built-in, rechargeable Lithium Ion 350mAh battery that can run for over 30 hours while charging for only 2 hours via a USB-C
- Incorporates a high-quality Rycote Lyre shock mounting with cable management and a sliding rail which adjusts the mic placement on the camera's cold shoe
- 24-bit depth and 48kHz sample rate
- 3.5mm auto-sensing USB-C output connection for cameras and mobile devices
- The USB output turns this microphone into a fully-featured USB mic capable of direct recording into a tablet, computer or even a smartphone
- Headphone output for outstanding audio monitoring when using the USB output
- Other features include digital switching that controls Pad, safety channel, high-pass filter and HF boost
- Utilises 20Hz - 20kHz frequency range and 35Hz - 18kHz ±3 dB frequency response
- Handy dB peak warning light ensures distortion-free audio
- 79 dBA signal to noise ratio
- Supercardioid polar pattern
- Pressure gradient electret condenser acoustic principle
- 10O output impedance
- Incorporates precision gain control that allows users to adjust mic's outputs from mic level to line level to headphone level
- Offers 105dB SPL (A-weighted, as per IEC651) dynamic range
- 15dB SPL (A-weighted, as per IEC651) equivalent noise
- 120dB SPL Input SPL at 1% THD
- -26 dB re 1V/Pa (50mV @ 94dB SPL) ± 1dB @ 1kHz sensitivity
- Comes with a 10-year warranty (with registration)
Expanded Rode VideoMic NTG Key Features:
Compact yet Powerful
Adopting the same annular line tube technology as the NTG5, the brand new Rode VideoMic NTG is a powerful broadcast shotgun mic making the most out of acoustic perforations along the length of the microphone. This has been employed instead of the linear slots usually utilised by other shotguns and on-camera mics. Thanks to these upgrades and innovative acoustic design the Rode VideoMic NTG provides unparalleled transparency in addition to natural, uncoloured sound that is not usually found in microphones of such small size.
Versatile and Feature-Packed
The Rode VideoMic NTG features a rugged construction allowing the mic to be taken to any shoot. What makes it even more versatile is that it has the power of a shotgun, with superb audio recording qualities packed into a compact on-camera microphone that is lightweight enough to work with a smartphone. Some of the advanced features incorporated into this marvel or sound tech is the switchable high-pass filter that restricts low frequencies originated from wind, traffic, air conditioners and more. The high frequency boost on the other hand, enhance clarity and detail in the audio that comes in especially handy when working with a dead cat (furry windshield). To record very loud sounds there is a switchable pad (-20dB) which features a switchable safety panel for added security. Thanks to it the sound is recorded on a separate channel at -20dB to facilitate for the clipping of the main channel. The variable gain control located on the rear of the microphone provides mic to line to headphone level output gain. This ensures flexibility and improvements in the DSLR audio quality. Finally, the auto-power function saves time by automatically switching on the mic when the camera is turned on. This function is also energy efficient as the microphone switches off when mic is unplugged or when the camera is off.
What's in the box?
- 1 x VM-NTG Mic
- 1 x SM7-R Mount
- 1 x Foam windshield
- 1 x SC10 cable
- 1 x USB A to USB C cable
|Is Good For||MacUsers|