The Sigma MC-21 Mount Converter allows Sigma’s SA-mount lenses to be used on L-mount cameras, such as the Panasonic S1/S1R. Auto-exposure and high precision AF in AF-S mode is achieved (not compatible with AF-C). The MC-21 has a built-in tripod socket and LED that lets users know if the mounted lens is compatible or not, and when a lens firmware update is available.
Key Features: Sigma MC-21 Mount Converter - Sigma to L-Mount
- Lightweight, solid mount converter/lens adapter
- Enables the use of Sigma SA-mount lenses on L-mount bodies (Panasonic S1/S1R)
- Maintains auto-exposure and autofocus
- Built-in LED display notifies user of firmware update
- Includes removable tripod mount
- Inclusion of Exif data
Sigma MC-21 | Fashion Shoot Field Test
Lens data is pre-loaded
Running the data pre-loaded in the MC-21 for each lens by the special control program, autofocus and aperture control have been optimised. Regarding lenses to be released in the future, data for operating these lenses via the MC-21 will be stored in the lens. It means no firmware updates of the MC-21 will be required to use those new lenses. In addition, the MC-21 also supports correction functions of camera such as peripheral illumination, chromatic aberration of magnification, and distortion.
Inclusion in Exif data
Information such as lens type, focal length, F number, and other tags are embedded as Exif data in each image file.
Comes with a tripod socket
Equipped with a socket for attaching the tripod*. Lenses not equipped with a tripod socket can be used by mounting the tripod to the MC-21.
* The tool supplied makes attaching/detaching possible.
The inside surface of the barrel is covered with flocking to eliminate internal reflections.
To prevent a reduction in lens performance due to internal reflections, the inside surface of the barrel is covered with flocking.
Whether the mounted lens is compatible or not is instantly visible from the colour and the on/off of the MC-21’s built-in LED. The LED also notifies the user when a lens firmware update is available.
29 interchangeable lenses available to be used for L-Mount cameras
The MC-21 increases the number of interchangeable lenses manufactured by Sigma that can be used with the L-Mount system by 29 lenses. Compatible with the autocrop function, mounting APS-C size image circle DC lenses to a camera body equipped with a 35mm full size sensor still allows immediate use for shooting. Here's a full compatibility list of the Sigma lenses supported by the Sigma SA-mount lens adapter:
*Sigma's Canon EF mount compatible lens.
- 12-24mm F4 DG HSM(Art)
- 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM | Art
- 24-35mm F2 DG HSM | Art
- 24-70mm F2.8 DG OS HSM | Art
- 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM | Art
- 60-600mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Sports
- 70-20mm F2.8 DG OS HSM | Sports
- 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM| Contemporary
- 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM | Sports
- 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Contemporary
- 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Sports
- 14mm F1.8 DG HSM | Art*
- 20mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art*
- 24mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art*
- 28mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art*
- 35mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art *
- 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art*
- 70mm F2.8 DG MACRO | Art*
- 85mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art*
- 105mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art*
- 135mm F1.8 DG HSM | Art*
- 500mm F4 DG OS HSM | Sports
- 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM | Contemporary
- 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM | Art
- 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM | Contemporary
- 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM | Contemporary
- 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM | Art
- 30mm F1.4 DC HSM | Art
* The MC-21 is not necessary for native L-Mount lenses.
Back to top