This Sony HVL-F43M Flashgun has been developed to work in concert with cameras utilising Sony's latest Multi Interface Shoe technology and features a wealth of exciting and useful features, including auto white balance adjustment, wireless control and a powerful LED video light which can be used not only for video illumination but also for arranging your subject matter in less-than-perfect lighting conditions. The HVL-F43M also packs a Guide Number of 43 and a rotating flash head and includes a handy mini-stand for off-camera functionality.
Key Features: Sony HVL-F43M Flashgun
The powerful, fully-featured flash builds on the success of the acclaimed HVL-F43AM that’s a mainstay of many photographers’ gadget bags. Like its predecessor, it offers the popular ‘Quick Shift Bounce’ system that allows instant rotation of the flash head when switching between landscape and portrait compositions. This maintains the same bounce angle in either shooting position for consistently-lit photos.
While the F43AM was compatible with the Auto-lock accessory shoe on older A-mount cameras, the F43M is now even more versatile. It is equipped with a Multi Interface Shoe for 100% compatibility with Sony’s SLT-A99, SLT-A58, NEX-6, HDR-VG900, HDR-VG30, Cyber-shot™ HX50, RX1/RX1R and RX100 II models. It is also compatible with Auto-lock accessory cameras via the optional ADP-AMA adaptor.
The model has another bright trick to broaden its appeal: The F43M also doubles as a powerful LED video light for keen videographers. Keep shooting Full HD video on your camera or camcorder when you’re short of natural light: backlit subjects, interviewees, parties and night-time scenes are bathed with natural, even illumination.
With a rugged, reliable design that resists dust and moisture, the HVL-F43M handles everyday shooting as well as more challenging outdoor assignments.
Wireless control allows quick creation of sophisticated multi-flash effects. It’s easy to accurately control lighting ratios for up to 3 on- and off-camera flash units for beautifully balanced, pro-style results.
Other smart functions include Auto White Balance adjustment with colour temperature information for consistently natural-looking white balance under any lighting conditions.
Back to top
- Guide Number: 43 (105mm, ISO100·m)
- Flash Coverage: 24-105mm (15mm focal length covered with built-in wide panel)
- Flash Control: Pre-flash control, manual flash control selectable, direct through-the-lens (TTL) flash metering
- LED video light: Maximum luminescence 400 lux/0.5m; illuminating distance approx. 1 m at ISO3200 / F5.6)
- Recycling time: Approx. 2.9 seconds (with alkaline batteries)
- Battery performance: Approx. more than 200 flash cycles (with alkaline batteries - based on Sony measurement)
- Power level switching: 22 levels: (1/1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64, 1/128), 1/3 steps
- Wireless Ratio Control: Available to control by 3 groups when used with a99, a77, a65, a58, a57, a37, a900, a850, a700, NEX-7, NEX-6, DSC-RX1, DSC-RX1R
Other features: Auto WB Adjustment with Colour Temperature Info; Auto zoom control optimised for image sensor size; High-Speed Synchro; Modelling Lighting; Test Lighting; Multi Lighting. Supports camera’s Red-eye reduction feature. Built-in wide panel and bounce sheet. High quality LCD screen.
Back to top
||Sony Multi Interface Shoe
||ADI & Pre flash TTL metering modes
||Connector protect cap, mini-stand, case
|Maximum Guide Number
||4 x AA Batteries