Can’t live without your gear? Order your new kit, then trade in your old equipment within 30 days and we will apply your part-exchange credit retroactively.*
* We are unable to apply a retroactive refund to orders paid for via Finance or ThinkSmart Leasing.
Place an order
Receive your gear
Trade in your existing equipment
We’ll apply your part-ex credit retroactively
How we value your equipment
We check the following on every item we purchase through our part-exchange programe:
Digital Camera Bodies
- Ports & switches
- LCD screens
- Buttons & dials
- Pop-up flash
- Memory card pins
- Focus screen & mirror
- Focus accuracy
- AF performance
- IS/VR/O.I.S performance
- AF motors
- Switches & distance chart
You get a higher exchange value by taking some simple steps to care for your equipment:
- Keep the original boxes
- This protects your goods and adds resale (and part-exchange) value.
- Use screen protectors on your LCD screen
- This will help keep your LCD screen clean and free from marks and scratches.
- Keep your kit stored in a bag
- This will help prevent all those little knocks and scrapes.
- Use caps on bodies and lenses
- This protects your sensor and lens glass from unwanted scratches.
- Make it weather resistant
- Use camera housings if you shoot outdoors regularly to keep the rain and grit away.
What do we accept?
- All Nikon, Canon, Sony, Pentax & Olympus DSLRs, and autofocus lenses.
- All Compact System Cameras and lenses.
- Selected tripods and heads. Medium format cameras and lenses.
- Binoculars, Spotting scopes.
We do not currently offer part exchange on astronomy items or film equipment (except Leica M).get a quote
Once you have received your quote and are happy with our offer, give us a call on 01603 481836 to book an appointment in one of our nationwide stores.
If you're thinking of upgrading your kit, you may also be interested in our current Trade-in offers »
What our customers say ...
I was given a very reasonable quote for a part-exchange. I was contacted and told that some of my lenses were worth more than originally thought. Very honest and much appreciated - never yet had a bad experience with the service.
- J. Woodcock
The used Nikon 28-70mm f/2.8 lens I bought was very well packaged and in far better cosmetic condition than I imagined. This is my third purchase from Wex in recent years and, based on my experiences, I am happy to recommend them.
- V. Ellis
The prices offered were very fair and the money was credited to my account quickly. The goods were delivered on time next day so I was only without a camera for three days. Overall, fantastic service.
- M. Plowman