This 2-element binocular offers huge light grasp and extremely high contrast thanks to an achromatic air-gap doublet lens design. The difference in light grasp compared to 70 or 80 mm binoculars is immediately visible, as is the higher resolution. These lenses show details which aren't resolved with smaller apertures.
Key Features: Altair 100mm 45 Degree Giant Observation Binoculars
- Very bright image and large field of view, well-suited to observation of bright deepsky objects
- Independent helical focusers with self-centring compression eyepiece holders
- Enables use of 1.25" Light Pollution filters, such as the Altair Premium 1.25" CLS filters
- Extra-large 28 mm prisms with top-quality broadband multi-coatings on all optical surfaces
- High-quality, independently focusing 1.25" eyepiece holders - compression-fit with self-centring brass inserts
- Tough, light magnesium alloy casing
- Includes a carry handle with sight
- Extensible dew shields. Dew shield ID thread: M 116 x 1-6H, 6 mm depth
- Includes front dust caps and rear dust plugs. Both eyepieces have dust caps
- The base has a standard 3/8" Photo tripod thread and 1/4" Photo tripod adapter so you can use your giant binoculars with a standard tripod. An additional pair of in-line threaded holes allow mounting on a Vixen-format dovetail bar, or the new Single-Arm Binocular mount (code: BINOMOUNT1)
The included 18 mm Ultra-flat eyepieces give a 65° field of view, and the overall brightness of the images is quite surprising compared with using binoviewers in a 100mm telescope with the same aperture, because each eye gets 100% of the light from 100 mm aperture objective lens.
The 1.25" self-centering eyepiece holder focal position allows most eyepieces to come to focus including Altair Astro, Tele Vue Delos, Nagler, Panoptic, and the Docter 12.5 mm UWA. Of course you can also use standard 1.25" astronomy filters on the eyepieces to enhance viewing even more.
Included in your purchase:
- 100 mm binoculars with carry handle and tripod adapter
- 4 Dust Caps
- Set 18 mm UF 65 degrees = 30 x magnification
- Double Carton Packing, rigid foam insert
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 550 X 270 X 200 mm
- Weight: 7.1 kg
- Interpupillary distance: 54-75 mm
- Eyepiece Adapter: 31.7 mm / 1.25" Astro eyepiece compatible
- Dewshield Dia.: 116 mm
- Focal Length: 550 mm
- Objective Lens Diameter: 100 mm
- Objective angle of view: max. 2.8 Degree
- 100 mm F5.5 Proprietary CDGM dual element objective lens with improved colour correction
- 28 mm Oversized K9 Prism Clear Aperture (field stop diameter: 25 mm)
- Prism glass type: K9 equivalent to BAK4
- Broadband Hardcoat Multi-layer coatings on all surfaces
- Photo tripod thread: 1/4-20 and 3/8"
Performance with included 18 mm Ultraflat Eyepieces:
Back to top
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 25 m
- Eyepiece Lens Structure(#Elements/# Groups): 8/5 Ultra-flat design
- Eyepiece Focal Length: 18.45 mm
- Magnification with 18 mm Eyepieces: 30x
- Real Field of View: 65-66°
- Apparent Field of View: 2.2°
- Field of View at 1000 m: 38.4 m
- Exit Pupil: f3.3mm
- Relative Brightness: 0.9
- Twilight Factor: 54.8
- Eye Relief: 20 mm
- Eyepiece Weight: 200 g
- Eyepieces Waterproof: Yes
Back to top
|Angle of View (Degrees)
|Exit Pupil (mm)
|Eye Relief (mm)
||18mm Ultra-flat eyepieces
||4 Dust Caps, 2x 18mm UF 65 degree Eyepieces
|Interpupillary Distance (mm)
||F5.5 Proprietary CDGM dual element objective
|Minimum Focus Distance (m)
|Objective Lens Diameter (mm)
||550 x 270 x 200
Buy Now Pay Later
With our no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £50.85
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.