The AstroSolar family of telescope filters are made with the utmost precision, ensuring high-quality observations of the sun using OD 5.0 Safety Film, clear aluminium front frames, and powder coated white IR-rejecting paint. These filters are supplied with 3 centring-bolts, sliding fasteners and 3 additional safety straps to provide an incredibly secure attachment that minimises potential damage.
Baader AstroSolar Telescope Filter Key Features:
- Built using original Baader AstroSolar Safety Film (OD 5.0)
- Professional and secure solution to observe the Sun
- Cell mounted free of tension to prevent coating damage
- Perfect as a high precision planeoptical window
- Clear white IR-rejecting front ring with raised edges
- 3 centring bolts with brass inserts for centring the filter
- Each bolt slides onto any telescope tube with ease
- Sliding fasteners hold the centring bolts in place
- 3 additional safety straps for secure attachment
- Index scale for more precise adjustments
- Comes neatly packed in a cardboard gift box
How does this filter protect against damage?
Baader’s Astrosolar filters are engineered using a temperature-compensated cell. Both the film itself and the substrate of the injection moulded ring feature the same thermal range. This ring attaches to the aluminium frame using an additional ring made from fibre-reinforced plastic. This ensures maximum protection for the cell and retains excellent optical quality at any temperature - be it -30°C or +50°C.
Are there other sizes available?
Yes. Baader’s AstroSolar Telescope Filters are available in the following sizes:
Back to top
- AstroSolar Telescope Filter 80mm
- AstroSolar Telescope Filter 100mm
- AstroSolar Telescope Filter 120mm
- AstroSolar Telescope Filter 140mm
- AstroSolar Telescope Filter 160mm
- AstroSolar Telescope Filter 180mm
- AstroSolar Telescope Filter 200mm
- AstroSolar Telescope Filter 240mm
- AstroSolar Telescope Filter 280mm