The Video Assist 4K features a 7" high resolution screen, two high speed recorders for non-stop Ultra HD recording, XLR mic inputs and a 1920 x 1200 screen, so you can see a full 16:9 image without the status bar covering the picture. Video Assist 4K features the latest high speed UHS-II SD card recorders and can record 1080 HD as well as Ultra HD up to 2160p30 on low cost, readily available SD cards. The recorder also use professional analog mini XLR connections so you can bypass low quality DSLR audio and connect professional microphones directly.
Blackmagic Design Video Assist 4K Key Features:
- 7" high resolution monitor with Ultra HD recorder
- Records to High Speed SD Card Low cost, high performance storage
- Super bright and clear display
- Professional Connections: 6G-SDI, HDMI
- Easy Touchscreen Controls
- High Quality Audio
- With external power connected, you can also charge two LP-E6 type Lithium-ion batteries, which can be mounted to battery slots 1 and 2 on the rear panel
Expanded Blackmagic Design Video Assist 4K Key Features:
7" high resolution monitor with Ultra HD recorder
The Video Assist 4K includes a 7” high resolution screen, two high speed recorders for non-stop Ultra HD recording, XLR mic inputs, a built in speaker, and much more. The user is able to see the full 16:9 image thanks to the larger 1920 x 1200 screen, and that is without the status bar covering the picture! The high speed UHS-II SD card recorders, included with the Video Assist, can record 1080 HD in addition to Ultra HD of up to 2160p30 on low cost, readily available SD cards. If the user wants to bypass low quality DSLR audio and connect professional microphones directly they can purchase two extremely low noise professional analog mini XLR connections.
Professional HD and Ultra HD Recorder
The 7" Video Assist 4K is capable of recording HD and Ultra HD of up to 2160p30. It is the perfect, professional tool offering the user incredible looking, broadcast quality 10-bit, 4:2:2 ProRes or DNxHD files. In addition to this these files work with all major editing software so that the user is able to begin their edit without having to convert the files. Recording can be automatically triggered from SDI and HDMI so that the user can maintain their focus while capturing the ideal moment, without the hassle of operating additional gear. The Video Assistant includes two recorders so that when one card is full, it automatically continues recording onto the next.
Records to High Speed SD Card
The user is granted low cost, high performance storage anytime, anywhere! Recording to HD video using standard SD memory cards as well as recording to super high performance UHS-IIs, which are fast enough to record Ultra HD, is now possible. Thanks to this recording Ultra HD using low cost cards that cost just under £2 per GB is now also a reality. The user can eliminate proprietary and expensive media such as XDCAM, P2 and SxS by connecting the Video Assist to their existing camera. UHS-II cards are fully backwards compatible with regular SD card slots so that the user is able to simply insert them into their computer to start editing the media immediately.
Blackmagic Video Assist has a super bright and clear 7” display eliminating the need to carry additional monitors and scopes on set. Thanks to the large screen focus peaking and overlays such as histograms, and audio meters are easily visible. There are plenty of mounting possibilities. The Video Assist can be mounted on cameras as a large crew monitor or, alternatively, can be handed to the Director of Photography for composing shots. Thanks to its wide 135º viewing angle, several members of the crew can review the footage at once. The Video Assist comes with an auto rotation function meaning that the user can rig it upside down and the image will simply auto rotate.
High Quality Audio
Offering better audio recording than most cameras, the Blackmagic Video Assist 4K, is also an exceptionally high quality audio recorder. It comes with two mini XLR inputs with 48V of phantom power. This allows the user to attach external microphones in order to record audio with Video Assist, instead of the camera, offering better sound quality and eliminating the problems with auto gain controls on DLSR cameras. Thanks to the astonishing equivalent input noise floor of -128dBV, the user is granted high quality, and crystal clear audio that sounds radically better than camera audio. Sound is recorded into the same file as the video reducing the hassle of AV sync between separate audio and video files.
Easy Touchscreen Controls
The Video Assist is very user friendly allowing for simple tap and swipe gestures to make necessary adjustments, display camera information or evaluate audio and video levels. Video Assist’s built in monitor is an interactive touchscreen which enables easy and intuitive device setup. The user is able to change recording formats or view the current input frame rate, timecode and more thanks to the smart heads up display, while still being able to keep track of the shot.
The user is able to connect their Blackmagic Video Assist to professional cameras, camcorders as well as DSLR’s thanks to the included HDMI and 6G-SDI. The Video Assist comes with the loop thru output which supports monitoring on larger displays and projectors whereas the 12V universal power supply provides the user with continuous operation. The two side by side LP-E6 batteries provide enough power for long on-location-shoots. In addition an LANC connector and two mini XLR inputs with 48V of phantom power for connecting microphones are included along with a built in speaker which automatically mutes while recording.
Work with Professional Software
The ProRes and Avid DNxH files recorder by the Blackmagic Video Assist 4K are ready for editing and colour grading which eliminates the stress of transcoding and converting files, especially when working with prevalent editing software. This includes DaVinci Resolve, Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere Pro or Avid Media Composer. The user receives DaVinci Resolve Lite with their purchase which aids editing and creation of looks on set. This also applies to motion graphic designers and visual effects artists who use software such as Fusion or After Effects as well as sound editors who rely on ProTools. This opens up new potentials for creative collaboration.
What’s in the box?
- Blackmagic Video Assist 4K
- SD card with software and manual
- 12-month Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Excluding: batteries and cables which will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase.
Blackmagic Design Video Assist 4K Product Videos:
Back to top
- SDI Video Input: 1 x SD/HD/Ultra HD 6G-SDI via BNC
- SDI Video Output: 1 x SD/HD/Ultra HD 6G-SDI via BNC
- HDMI Video Input: 1 x HDMI 2.0a connector
- HDMI Video Output: 1 x HDMI 2.0a connector
- SDI Audio Input: 2 channels embedded via 6G-SDI
- SDI Audio Output: 2 channels embedded via 6G-SDI
- HDMI Audio Input: 2 channels embedded via HDMI 2.0a
- HDMI Audio Output: 2 channels embedded via HDMI 2.0a
- Analog Audio Input: 2 x balanced mini XLR with phantom power
- Analog Audio Output: 1 x 3.5 mm stereo analog audio output jack
- Remote Control: 1 x 2.5mm LANC for Record Start and Stop
- SD Interface: Dual UHS-II SD slots
- Storage Type: Removable SDXC UHS-II, SDXC UHS-I and SDHC UHS-I SD cards. Supports DS, HS, SDR12, SDR25, DDR50, SDR50 and SDR104 SD cards
- Recorder Control: Integrated capacitive touchscreen LCD with onscreen controls for settings and navigating menus
- Screen Dimensions: 7" 1920 x 1200 capacitive touchscreen LCD
- Recorder Configuration: Via the device's USB port or the device's user interface
- Computer Interface: 1 x Mini-B USB 2.0 connector for initial setup, software updates and Video Assist Utility software control
- Codecs: Supports: Apple ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 422, ProRes LT, ProRes Proxy, Avid DNxHD, DNxHR
- SD Format Support: 525i59.94 NTSC, 625i50 PAL
- HD Format Support: 720p50, 59.94, 1080p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60, 1080i50, 59.94
- Ultra HD Format Support: 2160p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 425M 2084
- SDI Metadata Support: HD RP188
- Audio Sampling: Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24-bit
- Video Sampling: 4:2:2 YUV
- Color Precision: 10-bit
- Color Space: REC 601, REC 709
- Multiple Rate support: SDI and HDMI switches between 270 Mb/s SD , 1.5 Gb/s HD , and 3.0 Gb/s 60P HD plus 6.0 Gb/s 60p Ultra HD
- SD Format Support: 525i29.97 NTSC, 625i25 PAL
- HD Format Support: 720p50, 59.94 / 1080p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60 / 1080i50, 59.94
- Ultra HD Format Support: 2160p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- HDMI Color Precision: 10-bit
- Copy Protection: HDMI input is unable to capture from copy protected HDMI sources. Always confirm copyright ownership before capture or distribution of content.
Back to top
||6G-SDI, HDMI, Mini XLR
||1920 x 1200
||Uses 2 x Canon LP-E6 Batteries
||Pro Res 4:2:2 or Avid DNX up to 2160p30
||UHS-II SD card
Buy Now Pay Later
With our no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £27.36
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.