Made from solid steel, the rack-mountable Blackmagic SmartView Duo incorporates two high-quality, matte finish 8" screens for SDI monitoring. Perfect for broadcast, post production, on set monitoring and portable use, the SmartView Duo will automatically switch between SD, HD and 3G-SDI video formats. It also features USB 2.0 and Ethernet inputs, and an integrated tally.
Key Features: Blackmagic SmartView Duo
- Two large independent 8 inch LCD screens in a compact rack mount design
- SmartView Duo handles SD, HD and 3Gb/s SDI video standards
- Perfect for post production, broadcast and live event monitoring
- Easy setup: all screens can be remotely adjusted via ethernet connection
- SmartView includes tally borders displayed in green, red or blue to signify preview, on air, or recording
- Control SmartView software for Windows and Mac OS X lets you make changes
- Physical dimensions: 482mm x 133mm x 35mm
- Weight: 1.43g
SmartView monitors are ideal for high end broadcast monitoring because they feature high quality filtering and scaling, so you retain fine detail in the image. The fully digital design with high quality SDI inputs ensures precise color that’s easy to manage across multiple displays. SmartView includes ethernet so you can connect them to your network and centrally control all your monitors from a single computer using the SmartView software utility. SmartView also includes integrated tally that is fully compatible with many switchers or automation systems.
Accurate Waveform Monitoring
When you need to analyze image quality more accurately than simply looking at the picture then use SmartScope Duo 4K’s built in waveform monitoring. You can view two independent sources simultaneously and conveniently switch between monitoring or scope views whenever you need. Choose from waveform, vectorscope, RGB parade, YUV parade, histogram and audio phase and level displays, and get broadcast accurate waveform monitoring that shows everything you need to know technically about your video and audio signals. SmartScope Duo 4K removes the need for separate expensive scopes.
Ultra Thin Design
SmartView monitors feature an elegant front panel that is designed to allow multiple SmartView HD, SmartView Duo and SmartScope Duo 4K models to be mounted next to each other to create a beautiful wall of monitors that share the same appearance and width. Lightweight and ultra thin, SmartView is perfect for broadcast trucks and fly away kits. When you need to mount SmartView in the extreme top or bottom of an equipment rack, the units can be rotated upside down and the images will automatically flip to provide the optimum viewing angle.
SmartView supports SD, HD and 3G-SDI formats
SmartView has been designed for broadcast as well as post production and includes support for multiple SDI video standards, including SD, HD and 3G-SDI formats. They support new advanced video standards used in post production including 1080 progressive HD rates and even 2K over 3G-SDI. All video formats can be connected and changed at any time, because SmartView will automatically switch in less than a second to the new format.
SmartView connects via ethernet and all monitors can be adjusted remotely from one location, making it easy to match monitors. The SmartView software utility for Mac OS X and Windows lets you make changes even with a laptop and copy settings from one monitor to another. The software includes an identify function so you can find the monitor you're adjusting even when you're working with lots of monitors. Because the adjustments are electronic, monitor color is stable over time. You can easily add new software updates for new video formats and waveform displays via USB.
- SDI Video Input: Automatically switches between SD, HD and 3G-SDI. Reclocked loop through output
- Multi Rate Support: Auto detection of 2K, HD or standard definition inputs
- Updates and Configuration: Via USB 2.0 high speed (480 Mb/s)
- Ethernet: 10/100 BaseT with loop through
- Tally: 9-pin D connector
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 372M, SMPTE 424M Level B and SMPTE 425M
- SDI Colour Space: REC 601, REC 709
- SDI Auto Switching: Automatically selects between SD, HD and 3 Gb/s SDI
- Video Sampling: 4:2:2 and 4:4:4
- SDI Format Support: 525i59.94 NTSC, 625i50 PAL. 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60. 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080PsF30, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60
- 2K Format Support: 2K DCI 23.98p, 2K DCI 24p, 2K DCI 25p. 2K DCI 23.98PsF, 2K DCI 24PsF, 2K DCI 25PsF
- Internal Software Upgrade: Via included firmware updater software
- SmartView Utility Software: Via USB or Ethernet
Back to top
- Display Element: TFT Active Matrix LCD
- Display Resolution: 800 x 480 pixels
- Response: < 15 ms
- Contrast Ratio: Typically 500:1
- Colour Depth: 16.7 Million Colours
- Display Orientation: Displays can rotate upside down for optimum viewing angle
Buy Now Pay Later
With the no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Call us to place your order and you can also make a partial payment, the interest charged will be based on the remaining balance. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £16.44
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
The approval of your application depends on your financial circumstances and borrowing history. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan. You will also receive reminder letters and text at the end of the deferral period to remind you when your first payment is due.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.