The Blackmagic Video Assist 5 Inch 12G HDR Monitor is a professional monitoring solution compatible with any SDI or HDMI camera in all HD, Ultra HD, 2K and 4K DCI formats. It offers upgrades such as a tally indicator, 4 built-in scopes, brighter screens for HDR, enhanced focus assist features, native Blackmagic RAW capture (from supported cameras), and 3D LUTs. Thanks to the 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 capture from any device in all formats up to 2160p60 is supported by the Blackmagic Video Assist. Whether you’re working indoors or outdoors you can be assured of excellent and accurate visibility of the recording for HDR digital film. By using a Video Assist you essentially add pro focus assist features and superior quality file formats in addition to introducing a much clearer view of what you are filming. It is a versatile piece of professional-grade tech ideal for live productions as well as broadcast testing and measurement.
Blackmagic Video Assist 5 Inch 12G HDR Monitor Key Features:
- Portable all-in-one 5” HDR monitor/recorder
- The Video Assist supports custom 17 and 33 point 3D LUTs to aid the recreation of the ‘Film Look’
- Capable of upgrading older broadcast cameras to modern file formats
- Features an integrated SD card recorder that saves files in broadcast quality 10-bit 4:2:2 ProRes or DNx formats
- It is super-bright with 2500nit
- Comes with pro scopes for any SDI or HDMI camera in all formats up to DCI 4K
- Compatible with Blackmagic RAW, Apple ProRes, and Avid DNx
- Can be used as a clip player or broadcast field recorder thanks to the HyperDeck disk recorder compatibility
- 12G-SDI for SD, HD and Ultra HD SDI devices facilitating Advanced 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 Inputs and Outputs
- The wide gamut display can run Rec. 2020 and Rec. 709 colourspaces in addition to 100% of the DCI-P3 format
- Media can be formatted with ExFAT or HFS+ meaning that the files captured can work with commonly used software such as DaVinci Resolve or Adobe Creative Suite
- Localised for 11 languages including English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, German, French, Russian, Italian, Portuguese and Turkish
- USB-C Expansion port allows for direct recording to external flash disks
- Includes a 12v universal power supply for studio or on location use
- Incorporates upgraded batteries and facilitates two standard Sonly L-Series batteries
- Compatible with commonly used SD cards including flash memory cards and faster UHS-II cards
Expanded Blackmagic Video Assist 5 Inch 12G HDR Monitor Key Features:
Contemporary Design with 12G-SDI and Bright HDR Screens
Featuring a state-of-the-art touch screen user interface with deck controls in addition to a generously sized screen this device offers fantastic operability. The Video Assist also includes 12G-SDI for high frame rate Ultra-HD and analogue inputs for audio. It facilitates USB-C external disk recording and incorporates a front panel speaker as well as a side mounted headphone jack. Additionally, there are 2 rear battery slots that allow for the mounting of Sony L-Series batteries providing users with enough power to support brighter HDR screens and higher speed Ultra-HD electronics. Thanks to the convenient two battery slots the user can switch batteries without interrupting the recording which is ideal for longer shoots. The wide gamut LCD has dedicated buttons for play, stop, and record in addition to a mini timeline for scrolling though recordings. The display also showcases timecode, video standard, media status, and audio meters. Users can also enable scopes via the touch screen as well as focus and exposure assist. Metadata PQ and HLG formats are handled according to the ST2084 standard. Full internal waveform monitoring is also available.
Pro Multi Channel SDI and Analogue Audio
The Video Assist facilitates the recording of 2, 4, 8 or 16 channels of audio in real time when working with SDI formats. The on-screen audio meters with user selectable VU or PPM ballistics aid monitoring. The analogue audio connections have been designed to low noise and low distortion digital cinema and broadcast specifications.
- Multi-rate SDI and HDMI connections (SD, HD, and Ultra HD)
- SD formats: NTSC and PAL
- 720p HD Standards: 720p50 and 59.94p
- 1080i HD interlaced formats: 1080i50 and 59.94
- 1080p HD formats: 1080p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94 and 60p
- 180 PsF formats
- Ultra HD supported up to 2160p59.94
- 2K and 4K DCI rates up to 25p for digital filmmaking
What’s in the box?
- 1 x Blackmagic Video Assist 5” 12G HDR
- 1 x Universal power supply with locking connector and international adapters
Blackmagic Video Assist 12G HDR Monitor:
IBC 2019 | Blackmagic Design Video Assist 12G HDR First Look
Back to top
Buy Now Pay Later
With the no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Call us to place your order and you can also make a partial payment, the interest charged will be based on the remaining balance. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £26.07
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
The approval of your application depends on your financial circumstances and borrowing history. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan. You will also receive reminder letters and text at the end of the deferral period to remind you when your first payment is due.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.