The Bowens XMTR Remote is a TTL, high-speed sync compatible radio control and a trigger system for Sony. The XMTR operates on the worldwide 2.4 GHz frequency and features a host of creative lighting features including curtain sync, sync delay, and full control over strobe function settings. All of this has been packed into a sleek, stylish and lightweight body with a generous display screen and easy-to-use controls. With this quality, creative tool photographers are able to generate inspired lighting set-ups with a simple press of a button.
Bowens XMTR Remote - Sony Key Features:
- Take greater control over your lighting set-up
- Control the remote with an easy to use scroll wheel, dedicated channel button, group button, and mode button
- The optical transmitter is located at the front of the remote with the optical transmitter on/off switch directly above it
- The Test/Open Flash button is located just below the power switch for easy and quick operation
- A generous display screen has been employed for better operability
- The right-hand side of the device features a hidden slot with a Micro USB and a PC Sync
- Features High-speed sync of up to 1/8000s
- TTL/ flash manual mode
- Includes strobe mode with up to 100 flashes per burst
- 0.01 -10ms sync delay
- Offers a frequency of 2.4GHz
- Convenient hotshoe mount and locking thumb screw
- Users benefit from 32 channels and 5 groups with a typical control range of >100m
- Requires 2 AA batteries to work (included)
Expanded Bowens XMTR Remote - Sony Key Features:
The built-in display screen clearly presents vital information about the group (A/B/C/D/E), flash power, channel, and flash mode (OFF/TTL/FLS). The display is backlit with a green tint for high visibility when working in low-lit conditions. Additionally, after the remote has been set-up the display dims down so that the bright light from the screen doesn't interfere with your work. This also helps with power consumption as the display screen completely switches off when inactive. To turn it back on simply press any button.
The XMTR can trigger multiple modes including Strobe Mode and Group Flash Mode. It is capable of triggering both TTL (Through the Lens) and Flash (manual) Modes to suit every photographer's needs. Some prefer manual flash mode as it is great for still subjects such as in portraiture photography, food photography, or product photography. The TTL mode on the other hand, is preferred for moving subjects, such as in a club setting or action sequences, since it can measure the amount of light needed during a shot.
What's in the box?
Back to top
- 1 x XMTR Remote
- 2 x AA Batteries
- 1 x Quick Start Guide
Back to top
||Sony DSLR Hotshoe (Multi-Interface)
Flash Sync Speed
For Use With
Maximum Working Distance [m]
||58 x 97 x 25mm