Bresser's Polaris 102 EQ3 Telescope is a compact and lightweight telescope that comes with a powerful, high-quality aperture solar filter that enables the safe observation of sunspots, eclipses and planet transits. The telescope delivers a wide field of view, even with its objective lens diameter of 102 mm and focal length of 460mm. This is achievable thanks to the equipped large 2.0'' focuser which allows the use of 2.0'' eyepieces. The telescope is mounted with an EQ3 equatorial mount allows for easy and smooth object tracking through the sky. Finally, Bresser has included a smartphone camera adapter which allows you to take photos of what you see through the telescope!
Bresser Polaris 102 EQ3 Telescope with Solar Filter Key Features:
- Designed for nighttime and solar observations
- It uses an achromatic lens designv
- Includes a Solar filter for safe observation
- A compact design that's ideal for travel
- Delivers excellent wide fields of view
- Easily observe open star clusters & clouds of the Milky Way
- Includes focuser and eyepieces for large fields of view
- EQ3 equatorial mount allows for easy object tracking
- Intuitive manual slow-motion control cables
- Smartphone camera adapter enabling image capture
What's in the box?
- 1 x Telescope
- 1 x Aperture Solar-filter
- 1 x 4 mm Eye Piece
- 1 x 20 mm Eye Piece
- 1 x LED Viewfinder
- 1 x 3-fold Barlow lens
- 1 x Smartphone camera adapter
- 1 x Aluminium tripod
- 1 x Accessory tray
- 1 x Software
Caution: Observing the sun - even momentarily - through optics without the use of a solar filter is liable to cause permanent eye damage. To help prevent accidental exposure, Wex Photo Video recommends the following steps be taken:
Back to top
- Ensure that everyone participating in solar viewing is made aware of the hazard and does not directly look at the sun without using a solar filter.
- Children should be closely supervised at all times.
- Check the filter for flaws, scratches and damage prior to each use. Do not use it if it is compromised.
- Remove the finder-scope from your telescope prior to solar viewing, in order to ensure that you do not accidently catch sight of the sun through it.
- Ensure that the filter is securely fitted and will not fall or be knocked off during use. Be sure to check that it is firmly attached prior to each use.
Back to top
Focal Length [mm]
Focal Ratio [f|]
Highest Practical Magnification [x]
||Red Dot Viewfinder, 4mm Eyepiece, 20mm Eyepiece, 3x Barlow Lens, Full Aperture Solar Filter, Smartphone Holder
||Aluminium Tripod with Accessory Tray
Loan Interest Bearing
This option comprises term loan with a choice of repayment plans over:
- 12 months
- 24 months
- 36 months
No deposit is required. However you can pay an optional deposit of not less than 10% of the total amount if you choose.
The balance of the finance agreement is payable directly to Barclays Partner Finance in equal monthly instalments by monthly direct debit. The direct debit payments will commence at the end of the first month following receipt of your goods. The interest rate charged is 14.9% APR. Late payment and early repayment penalties apply; full details of these will be provided in the loan agreement pack.
||11 x £27.49
||23 x £14.70
||35 x £10.46
|Total Amount Repayable
Are you eligible for finance?
In order to apply you must fulfill the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be in full-time work (16 hours or more a week), retired, or in receipt of disability allowance
- Earn at least £6,000 a year
- Have been a UK resident for three years or more
- Have a mobile phone number
- Have an email address
- Have a UK bank account from which Direct Debits can be taken
- Have no outstanding County Court Judgements (CCJs)
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
How does it work?
Where a qualifying product is added to your basket, the full value of your basket, including any accessories purchases, will be eligible for interest free credit. This is subject to the value of the additional products not exceeding the value of the qualifying product. No deposit is required and payments will be collected by direct debit in monthly instalments, the first instalment being collected 30 days after shipment of the product.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.