Bresser’s Polaris 102 EQ3 Telescope is a compact and lightweight telescope that comes with a powerful, high-quality aperture solar filter that enables the safe observation of sunspots, eclipses and planet transits. The telescope delivers a wide field of view, even with its objective lens diameter of 102 mm and focal length of 460mm. This is achievable thanks to the equipped large 2.0'' focuser which allows the use of 2.0'' eyepieces. The telescope is mounted with an EQ3 equatorial mount allows for easy and smooth object tracking through the sky. Finally, Bresser has included a smartphone camera adapter which allows you to take photos of what you see through the telescope!
Bresser Polaris 102 EQ3 Telescope with Solar Filter Key Features:
- Designed for nighttime and solar observations
- It uses an achromatic lens designv
- Includes a Solar filter for safe observation
- A compact design that’s ideal for travel
- Delivers excellent wide fields of view
- Easily observe open star clusters & clouds of the Milky Way
- Includes focuser and eyepieces for large fields of view
- EQ3 equatorial mount allows for easy object tracking
- Intuitive manual slow-motion control cables
- Smartphone camera adapter enabling image capture
What’s in the box?
- 1 x Telescope
- 1 x Aperture Solar-filter
- 1 x 4 mm Eye Piece
- 1 x 20 mm Eye Piece
- 1 x LED Viewfinder
- 1 x 3-fold Barlow lens
- 1 x Smartphone camera adapter
- 1 x Aluminium tripod
- 1 x Accessory tray
- 1 x Software
Caution: Observing the sun - even momentarily - through optics without the use of a solar filter is liable to cause permanent eye damage. To help prevent accidental exposure, Wex Photo Video recommends the following steps be taken:
Back to top
- Ensure that everyone participating in solar viewing is made aware of the hazard and does not directly look at the sun without using a solar filter.
- Children should be closely supervised at all times.
- Check the filter for flaws, scratches and damage prior to each use. Do not use it if it is compromised.
- Remove the finder-scope from your telescope prior to solar viewing, in order to ensure that you do not accidently catch sight of the sun through it.
- Ensure that the filter is securely fitted and will not fall or be knocked off during use. Be sure to check that it is firmly attached prior to each use.
Back to top
Focal Ratio (f/)
Highest practical magnification
||Red Dot Viewfinder, 4mm Eyepiece, 20mm Eyepiece, 3x Barlow Lens, Full Aperture Solar Filter, Smartphone Holder
||Aluminium Tripod with Accessory Tray
Buy Now Pay Later
With the no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Call us to place your order and you can also make a partial payment, the interest charged will be based on the remaining balance. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £11.31
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
The approval of your application depends on your financial circumstances and borrowing history. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan. You will also receive reminder letters and text at the end of the deferral period to remind you when your first payment is due.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.