Canon has extended their impressive EOS range with the Canon M mirrorless camera. The first of its kind, the EOS M is designed for those who want the spec and image quality of a DSLR but with the physical benefits of a small, lightweight camera. It boasts a large 18MP APS-C sized sensor, a DIGIC 5 processor, a wide ISO range 100-25,600, Full HD recording with stereo sound and full manual control, ...
Canon has extended their impressive EOS range with the Canon M mirrorless camera. The first of its kind, the EOS M is designed for those who want the spec and image quality of a DSLR but with the physical benefits of a small, lightweight camera. It boasts a large 18MP APS-C sized sensor, a DIGIC 5 processor, a wide ISO range 100-25,600, Full HD recording with stereo sound and full manual control, burst shooting at 4.3fps, an intuitive 3.0” Touch screen, a 31-point Hybrid AF system, and the option to use Canon's full range of EF and EF-S lenses with the separately available Mount Adapter.
Key Features: Canon EOS M Body Only
- 18 Megapixels APS-C Hybrid CMOS sensor (same as the Canon EOS 650D)
- ISO stills 100-12800 (expandable to 25,600), movies ISO 6400
- Full HD 1080p movies with stereo sound at 30, 25, or 24fps or 60 and 50fps at 720p
- Hybrid CMOS with 31 AF points – combines both contrast and phase detection AF technologies for faster and more precise focusing
- Continuous shooting at up to 4.3fps at full resolution
- Clear View LCD II 3.0” Touch screen (1,040k-dot resolution)
- Canon Speedlite 90EX Flashgun - included with all Canon EOS M kits
- Takes on a new EOS M 'mirrorless' EF-M lens mount
- Mount Adapter EF-EOS M (not included) enables you to use the full range of Canon’s EF and EF-S lenses
Compact design. Superb image quality
Capture images that are packed with clarity and colour and can be printed at sizes up to A2 in amazing detail. An APS-C sized 18-megapixel sensor is of the same dimensions as those used in EOS DSLRs, and offers the same superb image quality.
The right settings every time
As you compose a photograph with the EOS M, the camera’s Scene Intelligent Auto technology analyses the subject too, evaluating colour, brightness, movement and even detecting the presence of people. This information is used to pick the most appropriate camera settings, giving you the best possible results.
The freedom to express yourself
An EOS that delivers the quality of a DSLR in the compact body of a camera you can take everywhere. Change your EF-M lens and change your point of view, and enjoy the support of the EF and EF-S lens range too with an optional mount adaptor EF-EOS M.
Creativity the easy way
Create beautiful images, using smooth out-of-focus backgrounds for a professional look with impact. Achieve advanced creative effects quickly and simply with easy-to-use controls.
Easy to use. Great results
Straightforward controls are quick and easy to use, so you’ll always be ready to express yourself. A touch-sensitive 7.7cm (3”) Clear View II LCD screen offers intuitive control over menu functions, and the ability to focus and shoot with a single tap.
Atmospheric photos in low light
The EOS M keeps performing at its best, even when light levels get low. Hybrid autofocus ensures pin-sharp photographs and evaluative exposure metering picks the most appropriate shutter speed and aperture. Shoot hand-held pictures in low-light conditions without using flash or a tripod, thanks to a maximum sensitivity of ISO 12,800 (expandable to ISO 25,600).
Shoot Full-HD video using the same camera you use for still photography. Enjoy superb image quality, even in low light, and explore new creative approaches, such as shallow focus. Enhance your movie footage with Video Snapshot. Shoot a series of short clips of 2, 4, or 8 sec in length, edit them, and play them together as a video slideshow in a single movie file.
Digital SLR quality
Back to top
- Same 18MP APS-C Hybrid CMOS sensor as EOS 650D – high resolution shots, rich in detail
- Powerful 14-bit DIGIC 5 image processing – speed and advanced colour rendition
- Shoot fast-moving action with speeds up to 4.3 frames per second
- 100–12,800 ISO range offers excellent low-light performance
- Hybrid AF sensor for smooth, continuous AF in stills and movies