The Canon ME200S-SH with EF lens mount is a professional, multi-purpose video camera with a super 35mm full-frame CMOS sensor that's capable of delivering stunning Full HD footage at up to 50p/59.94p. The ME200S-SH delivers outstanding low light performance and smooth, accurate autofocus thanks to its incredible 12-stop dynamic range, ISO of up to 204,800 and Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology. The camera can be used for a wide range of applications and is an ideal tool for filmmakers and broadcasters looking for a lightweight, highly adaptable and customisable camera where space is limited or where remote filming is required.
The main features of the Canon ME200S-SH:
- Compact professional multi-purpose video camera
- Super 35mm-sized full-frame snesor
- Full 1920 x 1080p 60 (59.94p) HD footage (while suporting both NTSC and PAL)
- Up to 12 stops dynamic range
- Outstanding low light performance up to maximum ISO of 204,800
- Capture infrared in colour
- Supports EOS Standard, Wide DR, Canon Log, and allows up to 6 cusom picture settings
- Canon Log makes it easy to match footage in post production
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for smooth, accurate autofocus
- Built in ND filters for greater image control
- Compact and flexible configuration
- Easy remote setup and installation
- EF mount with Cinema Lock supports EF/EF-S lenses and Canon Servo lenses with 12-pin interface
User features and benefits:
- Super 35mm CMOS sensor: High image quality and high sensitivity. Benefits: High resolution. Reduced jaggies, false colour and moiré.
- DIGIC DV 4: 12 stops dynamic range. Wide DR and Canon Log. Benefits: Smooth gradations and reduced overexposure. Colour correction with high degree of flexibility in high brightness areas.
- ISO 204,800: Keep shooting even when it gets dark. Benefits: Capture scenes in extremely low light with good image quality.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF: Autofocus on your subject giving more creative options. Benefit: Keep in focus moving subjects in the centre of the screen or use in remote shooting.
- Infrared: Enhanced shooting using infrared option. Benefit: Record footage in colour in lighting ranging from broad daylight using ND filters to very dark places.
- EF Mount with Cinema Lock: Allow EF lenses to be attached and detached with ease. Benefit: 30 different EF mount lenses supported including EF cinema lenses.
- Sensor size:Super 35mm CMOS sensor
- No. of effective pixels:8.29 megapixels
- Lens Mount:EF mount (cinema lock type)
- Input/output:3G/HD-SDI2 terminals (output terminal 1: OSD displays available; terminal 2: original signals routed straight out only) (output only) / 1920x1080 59.94P/59.94i/50P/50i/29.97P/25P/23.98P / 1280x720 59.94P/50P/29.97P/25P/23.98P
- Genlock1 terminal (input only) / HDMI:1920x1080 (59.94P/59.94i/50P/50i/29.97P/25P) / 1280x720 (59.94P/50P) / 640x480 (59.94P) / 768x576 (50P) (when monitor supports 480P and 576P formats)
- Mic jack (1 jack, 3.5mm dia. Stereo mini jack; plug-in power mic supported) / Remote control terminals
- Exposure:Automatic Exposure (AE)
- Manual Gain
- Auto Iris setting
- ND filters (1/8, 1/64)
- Autofocus:Dual Pixel CMOS AF/Continuous AF/One Shot
- Infrared Shooting:ON/OFF
- Power inputs:2 inputs (4 pin XLR or 2 pin power connector)
- DC +11V to +17V; power consumption: approx.: 11W (body only)
- Body dimensions:102mm x 116mm x 113mm
- Body weight:1.0 kg (body only)
The main features in more detail:
Canon Super 35mm CMOS Sensor
The ME200S-SH Multi-Purpose Camera is equipped with the advanced 16:9 Super 35mm Canon CMOS Image Sensor, the same sensor used in our Cinema EOS cameras. The large 8.29 megapixel sensor is sensitive in low light, helping to minimize noise, capturing independent Red, Green, and Blue channels for Full HD 1920x1080 video. This large sensor format allows for depth of field control and has dynamic range characteristics reminiscent of film, for truly arresting images.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF (Auto-Focus)
The ME200S-SH camera's Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology helps provide smooth and consistent autofocus, so that focus transitions are natural looking and subjects can remain focused even as they move- particularly helpful in remote or gimbal shooting situations.
Even in unpredictable shooting conditions, the camera can maintain focus within the center portion of the frame, and is compatible with select Canon EF autofocus lenses.
The camera's Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology features a Super 35mm CMOS sensor that consists of an array of pixels that each feature two separate photodiodes. By continuously comparing their outputs during AF mode, phase-difference autofocus helps ensure non-blurred images and smooth focus transitions even when the talent and/or camera are moving. This feature places a high priority on maintaining sharp focus while, providing a natural, smooth autofocus movement.
Outstanding Low Light Performance
The ME200S-SH Multi-Purpose Camera allows users to capture subjects even under some of the most challenging low light conditions, helping to deliver an optimum balance between image quality and sensitivity, making it ideal for a wide range of night time and low light applications.
The combined performance of the camera's Canon Super 35mm CMOS sensor and DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor achieve a very high signal-to-noise ratio that enables recordings with great detail and dynamic range even in minimal light. This advanced performance yields a maximum ISO speed of 204,000 and a wide dynamic range with up to 12 stops.
The high-dynamic-range shooting ability of the ME200S-SH camera helps diminish the loss of dark detail at a low luminous intensity, which tends to arise when shooting under low luminous intensity conditions, and overexposure of the high-brightness areas. The camera's wide dynamic range of 600% helps to suppress brightness while maintaining seamless gradations.
Professional Connectivity and Remote Control Compatibility
The ME200S-SH camera features industry standard connection terminals allowing the camera to be used in a wide range of applications from recorded content to live broadcast. By employing 3G/HD-SDI and HDMI output terminals, Canon's ME200S-SH camera can output audio/video to peripheral equipment including external recorders and monitors.
The camera is also equipped with Genlock input for camera switching in a multi-camera, live broadcast environment, and a 3.5mm stereo mini-jack that allows the camera to connect with an external microphone. Power can be provided through standard 12 volt, 4-pin XLR, as well as 2-pin connector for use in more permanent installations.
The optional Canon RC-V100 Multi-Function Remote controller can be used to remotely control camera operation using the supplied 2.5mm stereo mini-jack or 8-pin jack for RS-422. Image quality and other settings can be adjusted when shooting from a crane, jib arm, or mounted remotely in some other inaccessible location.
Full HD Video up to 60fps
Depending on the end user’s needs, the ME200S-SH Multi-Purpose Camera can produce video in full HD imaging at a full frame rate of up to 60 fps, with selectable frame rates of 59.94P / 59.94i / 50.00P / 50.00i / 29.97P / 25.00P / 23.98P. This frame rate can provide captured video with a very "smooth" look that can be useful for sports and news applications.
Compact, Rugged Box-Style Design
The ME200S-SH Multi-Purpose camera's compact, lightweight yet rugged box-style design allows the camera to be easily configured in an extensive range of environments, for a variety of applications.
Measuring only 4.42" W x 4.57" H x 4.49" D, the small size of the ME200S-SH camera helps provide flexibility to shoot from more camera angles than larger cameras, making a wider range of shots possible, while still delivering the high resolution content you would expect to get from a professional cinema camera. The camera's small and light weight body (2.43 lbs.) combined with its short depth dimension also makes it possible to connect the camera to select drones.
The box-shaped styling also makes it easy to secure the camera to a comprehensive collection of accessories including a pan-tilt head, as well as other various system products. The overall versatility of the ME200S-SH helps make it suitable for use in television, nature and wildlife, documentary production, security and law enforcement. In addition, the camera can be controlled using Canon's RC-V100 remote control, further expanding the uses of the camera.
Compatible with Select EF-mount Lenses
The ME200S-SH camera is compatible with select Canon EF mount lenses*. Equipped with a Canon locking EF mount, the camera allows lenses to be attached or removed without the need to rotate the lens barrel. This facilitates changing lenses in applications where multiple accessories are attached to the camera.
The front of the camera also features a 12-pin lens terminal, which is the interface used for broadcasting. This terminal can supply power to the drive unit of Canon's CINE-SERVO and COMPACT-SERVO lenses, and allow for remote operation of their zoom, focus and iris when used with Canon's optional RC-V100 remote control. Canon's 2/3" broadcast lenses can also be connected with a third party adapter, but remote operation is not guaranteed.
Back to top
The ME200S-SH camera features an IR cut filter that can be removed for infrared shooting. During typical daylight shooting conditions, the IR cut filter is used to block unwanted IR light to help ensure color fidelity and reproduction. In extreme low light conditions, removing the cameras IR filter allows IR light to reach the camera’s sensor, enhancing the camera’s ability to identify objects within the scene. Uniquely, the IR functionality of the camera allows for color reproduction, increasing the ability to recognize and differentiate objects. The removable IR cut filter is incorporated with the ND filter stack, allowing the IR cut filter to be activated in the same way as the camera’s ND filters.
Back to top
||102 x 116 x 113mm
||1920 x 1080
||2-pin DC Power Contact
||GEN LOCK: Black burst or Tri-level reference, Microphone, Remote Control: Remote A: f2.5mm stereo mini jack (Canon protocol), Remote B: Circular 8-pin for RS-422 (Canon protocol)
||f3.5mm stereo mini jack (plug-in power mic supported)
||3G/HD-SDI: Terminal 1 (On screen display optional), Terminal 2 (Clean out only), Bit Depth: YCbCr422 10bits (effective bits: 8). HDMI: Terminal 1 (On screen display optional), Bit Depth: RGB444, YCbCr422, YCbCr444 (effective bits: 8 for each
||XLR 4-pin or terminal block 2-pin jack
||up to 204,800
||Super 35mm CMOS
||1920 x 1080: 59.94P/59.94i/50P/50i/29.97P/25P/23.98P, 1280 x 720: 59.94P/50P/29.97P/25P/23.98P
Buy Now Pay Later
With the no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Call us to place your order and you can also make a partial payment, the interest charged will be based on the remaining balance. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £164.38
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
The approval of your application depends on your financial circumstances and borrowing history. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan. You will also receive reminder letters and text at the end of the deferral period to remind you when your first payment is due.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.