Engineered for fast frame-rate shooting, the Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT improves on the older 600EX model with faster continuous firing and up to 50% more flashes during high framerate shooting. Use it off-camera or in the hotshoe, the 600EX II-RT is extremely versatile and offers wireless shooting via radio and optical transmission, and performs in the most demanding situations, making it an ideal companion for the EOS-1D X Mark II. The unit features a 60 (m, ISO 100) guide number and recycles silently in as little as 3.3 sec, and the optional CP-E4N battery pack shortens this time even further.
Key Features: Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT Flashgun
The Speedlite 600EX II-RT is engineered for fast frame-rate shooting, and performs in the most demanding situations. Used off-camera or in the hotshoe, its versatility allows you to take complete control over lighting.
- Shoot faster and for longer
- Reliable performance on- and off-camera
- Creative off-camera lighting from any direction using radio wireless control
- Powerful performance, with guide number 60 (m, ISO100)
- Easy to use, with intuitive controls and an information display
Shoot faster and for longer
The Speedlite 600EX II-RT delivers an uncompromising performance, making it an ideal companion for the EOS-1D X Mark II. Fire up to 50% more flashes continuously, compared with the Speedlite 600EX-RT, and add the CP-E4N battery pack for an even longer bursts.
Reliable performance on- and off-camera
An improved flash-control algorithm helps prevent overheating, and Quick Flash allows the Speedlite 600EX II-RT to fire even if a full charge hasn't yet been achieved, so you won't miss that unique moment. A zoom and bounce head ensures that flash coverage matches the lens in use, and allows light to be reflected from walls and ceilings for a more natural result. The Speedlite 600EX II-RT is weatherproofed to the same level as the EOS-1D X Mark II, so you can keep shooting even when conditions get tough.
A bounce adapter is included for softer lighting when shooting portraits and clip-on coloured filters help when balancing flash with ambient light.
Creative off-camera lighting from any direction
Simulate light coming from any direction by positioning the Speedlite 600EX II-RT off-camera. Fire it from up to 30 m away, using built-in radio or optical control and an optional wireless trigger, the Speedlite Transmitter ST-E3-RT. Multiple Speedlite 600EX II-RT can be used together (individually or in groups) and can be combined with other Canon flashes, like the Speedlite 430EX III-RT.
Powerful performance, with guide number 60 (m, ISO100)
The Speedlite 600EX II-RT packs plenty of power, so you never be left frustrated. It's ideal for lighting large spaces, and bouncing light from walls and ceilings for a softer, more natural result. A bounce adapter is included, which softens flash light even more. The unit recycles silently in as little as 3.3 sec, and the optional CP-E4N battery pack shortens this time even further.
Easy to use, with intuitive controls and an informative display
A customisable control dial allows quick adjustments when working under pressure, while a large illuminated display shows relevant shooting information at a glance. The charge status of all wireless flashes in the group is shown on the display of the master Speedlite 600EX II-RT unit.
- Guide No. (ISO100).meters: 60 (200mm)
- Zoom head: Yes
- Focal length coverage: 20-200 mm
- Coverage with wide panel: 14 mm
- Auto zoom for sensor size: Yes
- Auto exposure control: E-TTLII/E-TTL/TTL
- High speed sync (FP): Yes
- Manual / output settings: Yes - 1/1-1/128
- Manual steps: 1/3 step
- Strobe / output settings: Yes - 1/4-1/128
- Frequency: 1-500Hz (199Hz using optical slave function)
- FE lock: Yes
- Flash exposure compensation: Yes
- Flash Exposure bracketing: Yes
- Second-curtain flash sync: Yes
- Modelling flash: Yes
- Colour temperature info communication: Yes
- Transmitter: Yes
- Transmission type: Optical / Radio
- Transmitter Max range approx.: Indoors: 0.7-15m / 30m, Outdoors: 0.7-10m / 30m
- Slave: Yes
- No of groups: 3 / 5
- No of channels: 4 / 15
- Remote Shutter Release: Yes
Flash Head Movement:
- Up: 45, 60, 75 and 90 °
- Down: 7 °
- Left: 60, 75, 90, 120, 150 and 180 °
- Right: 60, 75, 90, 120, 150 and 180°
- AF-assist beam :Yes
- Number of AF points supported: 1 - 65
- AF-assist beam type: Infra-red
- Battery: 4 x AA batteries
- Minimum recycling time: Approx. 3.3 sec
- External power supply: Yes - CP-E4 / CP-E4N
- Dust and water resistance: Yes
- Mounting foot material: Metal
- Custom function: 15 (6 personal functions)
- Flash settings from camera menus: Yes
- External flash exposure sensor: Yes
- PC terminal: Yes
- Compatible Accessories: Compact Battery Pack CP-E4N / CP-E4, Speedlite Transmitter ST-E3-RT, EX Series Speedlite with Slave function, Off-camera shoe cord OC-E3, Bounce Adapter SBA-E3, Colour Filter SCF-E3OR1, Colour Filter SCF-E3OR2
- Dedicated flash bracket: SB-E2
Dimensions and Weight:
- Size (W x H x D), mm: 78.7 x 143.2 x 122.7
- Weight (Excluding batteries), grams: 435 g
What's in the box?
Back to top
Speedlite 600EX II-RT, bounce adapter SBA-E3, colour filter SCF-E3OR1, colour filter SCF-E3OR2, mini stand, soft case