For fast performance in both capture and transmission, excellent for the dynamic world of Electronic News Gathering (ENG) as well as journalistic, documentary, corporate and higher education video production, look no further than the XA15 Professional Camcorder. Featuring an advanced HD CMOS Pro Image Sensor, a powerful DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor and a phenomenal 20x High Definition optical zoom lens, the XA15 camcorder captures expansive, high-quality Full HD video. The XA15 Power Kit includes one extra BP-820 battery (two included).
Key Features: Canon XA15 Professional Camcorder - Power Kit
- High optical performance
- Stunning Full HD image quality
- Professional recording options
- Professional interfaces
- Easy operability and compact design
The XA15 has a powerful, fast f/1.8-2.8 20x optical zoom lens with a 26.8mm wide-angle coverage. A new lens with redesigned Hi-UD (Hi Index Ultra Low Dispersion) glass ensures reduced chromatic aberration while 5-axis optical image stabilisation reduces image distortion and an 8-blade circular aperture with EMD (Electro Magnetic Diaphragm) technology ensures footage is natural and beautiful.
With an advanced HD CMOS sensor, the XA15 offers excellent sensitivity performance with improved signal to noise ratio compared to previous models. Featuring wide DR and Highlight Priority mode for rich expressiveness in high-brightness areas, Recording 50P at 35Mbps delivers efficient, high quality footage helped by a DIGIC DV 4 processor that supports advanced image stabilisation.
Recording Full HD footage in AVCHD and MP4 formats at multiple bit rates, content can be recorded simultaneously with Dual SD card slots. With 3 Mbps mode with lighter file sizes, the camera can transfer files immediately for breaking news. Slow and fast capture is available along with support for Infrared shooting.
The XA15 features an HD-SDI interface for streaming footage direct to an external recorder or a broadcast van while both models feature two XLR inputs to allow two different channels to be selected with volumes adjustable independently. A headphone jack allows the operator to monitor sound levels while optional GPS support with the GPS Receiver GP-E2 records location and time.
The XA15 is ideal for high-action shoots when both speed and mobility are essential. Lightweight and compact in size, it features a 3.0-inch touchscreen, a 1.56 million dot tiltable electronic viewfinder (EVF) and manual focus/zoom ring and joystick for easy control.
Back to top
- Weight: Approx. 750 g (1.7 lb)
- Image Sensor
- Sensor: 1/2.84 inch type HD CMOS Pro
- Filter: RGB Primary Colour filter (Bayer array)
- Total pixels: 3.09 megapixels (2208 x 1398)
- Effective pixels per sensor: 2.91 megapixels (2136 x 1362)
- Minimum illumination:
- Low Light Mode Approx. 0.1 Lx.
- Auto Mode (Auto Slow Shutter selected Approx. 1.0Lx
- Horizontal Resolution (External via SDI, XA15): 900 TV lines
- Zoom ratio: 20x Optical
- Focal length: 3.67 - 73.4mm (35mm equivalent: 28.8 - 576mm)¹
- Minimum focus distance:
- 60 cm (throughout zoom range)
- 10 mm (Wide MACRO setting)
- ND filter: Built-in gradation ND filter
- Zoom control
- Zoom rockers on body and handle
- Selectable manual zoom/focus ring on lens
- Selectable High Speed and Soft Zoom modes available
- Zoom speed
- Zoom Rocker:
- Variable speed/Fixed speed (Fast/Normal/Slow, 16 speed level settings available in each mode)
- Grip zoom:
- Fixed speed (Fast/Normal/Slow, 16 speed level settings available in each mode)
- Zoom Ring:
- Focus control: Manual control via focus ring, automatic (Instant AF, Medium AF, TV AF, Face Detection AF, Face Only AF), Push AF
- Iris control: Ring control; Full Auto
- Aperture range: f1.8 - f16
- Filter diameter: 58 mm
- Lens elements/groups: 12/10
- Aperture blades: 8-blade Circular Aperture
- Image stabilization system: Dynamic IS and Powered IS, 5-axis image stabilisation
- Digital zoom/Teleconverter: 2 x Tele Converter, x400 Digital Zoom
- Image Processor
- Type: DIGIC DV 4
- Sampling accuracy: 4:2:0 AVCHD/MP4
- Bit depth: 8 bit
- Exposure Control
- Exposure metering:
- Centre-weighted average metering: In the P, Av, Tv, Cinema, Portrait, Sports, Low Light and IR modes
- Segment evaluative metering: Snow, Beach, Sunset, Spotlight, Night modes
- No metering: Fireworks; Fixed exposure (1/60 sec. (PAL: 1/50 sec.)), M (manual exposure);
- Exposure Control Options
- AUTO mode: Smart Auto,
- Manual mode: P, Tv, Av, M (manual exposure), SCN (Portrait, Sports, Snow, Beach,
Sunset, Night, Low Light, Spotlight, Fireworks)
- Cinema mode: P, Tv, Av, M
- Exposure compensation: ± 12 steps, Displayed as EV value; 0 EV - ±3.0 EV
- Auto Exposure mode: Full Auto
- Push Auto Iris: No
- Gain Control setting : Full Auto/AGC Limit/Manual
- Auto Gain Control limit
- In manual exposure (P, Av, and Tv modes): 0-24 dB (in 1 dB increments)
- In the Cinema mode: 0-18 dB (in 1 dB increments),
- In the Wide DR mode: 6-24 dB (in 1 dB increments)
- Gain setting
- During M (manual) shooting: The gain can be set in 1 dB steps from 0 dB to 24 dB
- In the cinema mode: The gain can be set in 1 dB steps from 0 dB to 18 dB
- When Image Effects is set to ‘Look and Wide DR is set, the lowest sensitivity is 6 dB
- Control Modes: Full Auto / Manual control (Auto; Speed; Angle; Clear Scan (CS); Slow Shutter (SLS); IR Slow Shutter)
- Shutter speed: 1/6 to 1/2000 depending on frame rate and operating mode
- Clear Scan: No
- Infrared shooting mode: YES (green or white)
- Built-in IR lamp: YES, in handle unit
- Stored Configurations: Cinema standard, Vivid, Dream, Cool, Sepia, Old Movies, Memory Wide DR, Highlight Priority
- Storage Medium: SD/SDHC memory card
- Colour Bars: YES (SMPTE or EBU), with 1KHz Tone (Tone via Audio Menu)
- Video storage media
- SD Card x 2
- Dual Format recording, Double slot (simultaneous) recording and Relay (continuous) recording possible
- Type: SD card Class 4 or higher, Class 6 & 10 recommended for 35Mbps MP4 recording
- Recording time:
- 128GB SD Card:MP4: up to 8 Hours (50P @35Mbps)
- AVCHD up to 10 hours 10 Minutes 5p @28Mbps
- Recording file format: MPEG-4/AVC/H.264
- Recording format
- AVCHD: 28/24/17/5Mbps
- MP4: 35/24/17/9/3 Mbps
- All modes variable bit rate, 4:2:0 colour sampling
- Recording frame rate (PAL)
- 28Mbps 50.00P,1920 x 1080, 24/17Mbps 1920 x 1080 50.00i/PF25
- 5Mbps 1440 x 1080 50i/PF25
- 35Mbps 1920 x 1080: 50P
- 24/17Mbps 1920 x 1080:25P
- 8/4 Mbps 1280 x 720: 25P
- 3Mbps 640 x 360: 25P
- Slow/Fast motion:
- YES (MP4 recording Only)
- 50.00P (35 Mbps) x2 17.5 Mbps
- 25.00P (24 Mbps or 17 Mbps) x0.5, x2, x4, x10, x20, x60, x120, x1200
- Interval Record: NO
- Frame Record: YES. 2, 6 or 12 frames
- Pre Record (cache record): YES (3 seconds)
- Scan Reverse: YES. Vertical/horizontal/both
- Recording: 16-bit 4ch or 2ch (48 kHz) linear PCM
- Control: Audio limiter, Auto/manual settings via control dials on handle
- Microphone attenuation: YES
- Microphone level meter: YES
- Photo storage media: SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card
- Still quality
- During video recording: 1920 x 1080 in 1920 x 1080 or 1440 x 1080 mode, 1280 x 720; 1280 x 720 mode
- During playback: 1920x1080
- Type: Capacitive Touch Panel
- Size: 3.0-inch (7.5 cm)
- Dots: Approx. 460,000 dots
- Image quality adjustments: Brightness
- Adjustable: Yes
- Waveform Monitor: No
- Focus Assist: Peaking; Magnifying; Edge Monitor (using waveform display)
- Peaking: Yes. Colour selectable
- Zebra: Yes. 70% or 100%
- Markers: On/Off ; Level (White/Grey), and Grid (White/Grey)
- Electronic View Finder (EVF)
- Size: 0.24-inch (0.61 cm)
- Dots: approx. 1.56 million dots
- Adjustable: Vertical tilt, up to 45°
- Field of View Coverage: 100%
- Correction lens: + 2.0 to -5 dioptre
- Input/output Terminals
- Audio in: x2 XLR Input on Handle Unit. Line, Mic or 48V Phantom Power), 3.5mm microphone input jack
- Headphone output: 3.5mm stereo jack
- HDMI: YES
- USB: YES (Mini-B, USB 2.0 Hi-Speed, output only)
- HD/SD-SDI output: YES, BNC, output only, Video, embedded audio and time code. (XA15 Only)
- LAN: No
- AV terminal: 3.5mm mini jack (output only for video and audio)
- DC input: YES
- Remote Control Terminal: No
Back to top
||145 Minutes (BP-820); 220 Minutes (BP-828) recording time
||BP-820(supplied) / BP-828 (Optional)
||HDMI, USB (Mini-B, USB 2.0 Hi-Speed, output only), HD/SD-SDI output, DC input audio in (3.5mm microphone input jack) and headphone (3.5mm stereo jack)
HD Movie Mode
||Full HD 1920 x 1080 AVCHD or MP4 50P recording to SD cards
||3.5mm stereo jack
||Handle Unit (HDU-1), Lens Hood with Lens Barrier, Compact Power Adaptor (CA-570), Mic Holder and Battery Pack ( BP-820) x 2
||1920 x 1080
||x2 XLR Input on Handle Unit. Line, Mic or 48V Phantom Power), 3.5mm microphone input jack
Optical zoom (x)
||SD Card x 2
||Approx. 131 x 180 x 231 mm
Buy Now Pay Later
With the no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Call us to place your order and you can also make a partial payment, the interest charged will be based on the remaining balance. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £61.31
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
The approval of your application depends on your financial circumstances and borrowing history. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan. You will also receive reminder letters and text at the end of the deferral period to remind you when your first payment is due.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.