The Canon XF405 Camcorder offers 4K recording up to 50fps, and Full HD up to 100fps with duel pixel CMOS AF. Boasting a 15x optical zoom, SDI out and a BNC connector, the XF405 is ideal for newsgathering, documentary, and corporate use. In-built ND filters give the user fingertip control over exposure, making it well-suited to run-and-gun shooting.
Key Features: Canon XF405 Professional Camcorder
- UHD and fast frame-rate recording: Shoot 4K up to 50 frames per second and 1080p up to 100 frames per second for crisp slow motion
- 15x zoom: The XF405 offers a fixed 15x zoom lens, covering a 25.5-382.5mm focal range
- Designed for run-and-gun shooting styles: A fixed lens, in-built ND filters, and a power zoom rocker make the XF405 ideal for newsgathering, documentary, and corporate use
- Always capture the moment: A 3 second pre-record function ensures you’ll never miss the shot. Just wait until the action is started before pressing the trigger, and the camera records the 3 seconds before you pressed the button
- Connectivity: Unlike the XF400, the XF405 features SDI and BNC connectors, providing additional tools for the professional market
IBC Show 2017 - Canon XF405 1-Inch CMOS 4K camcorder
For more information, visit Canon's website here.
- Sensor: 1.0-type CMOS
- Filter: RGB Primary Colour Filter
- Effective pixels: 8.29MP
- Zoom: 15X Optical
- Focal range: 25.5 – 382.5mm
- Minimum focus distance: 10mm (wide) and 60cm across entire zoom range
- ND filters: Built-in (ND ¼, ND 1/16, ND 1/64)
- Zoom control: Zoom rocker, Lens control ring, remote control
- Zoom speed: Selectable – variable or constant speed
- Focus control:Manual via lens ring, Dual Pixel CMOS AF, Face only, Face priority
- Iris control: Manual via Iris Control Dial, Auto
- Aperture range: f/2.8~11
- Filter thread: 58mm
- Aperture rings: 9 blades
- Image stabilisation: Lens shift, + electronic stabilisation, Dynamic Powered IS, Standard
- Image processor:
- Type: Dual DIGIC DV 6
- Dynamic range: 12 stops
- Bit depth: 8 bit
- Video storage media: SDHC/XC
- Internal recording format: MP4 3840 x 2160 (150Mbps) / 1920x1080 (35/17 Mbps) / 1280x720 (8/4 Mbps)
- Audio In: XLR 3-pin jacks (x2), 3.5mm stereo jack
- Headphone output: Yes
- HDMI: Yes
- SDI: Yes – BNC Connector
- Timecode: No – Timecode through HDMI is possible
- Genlock: No
- LAN: Yes – Ethernet connector (RJ45)
- AV terminal: No
- DC input: Yes – 3.4mm jack
- Remote control terminal: Yes – 2.5mm jack
- Dimensions: Approx. 150 x 216 x 267mm
- Weight: 1150g
- Battery:Canon BP-828, BP820
Introducing the Canon XF400 & XF405 Camcorders
Back to top
Back to top
||BP-828: 125 mins (MP4, 3840 x 2160, 50.00P Panel in use)
||BP-828 (supplied) BP-820 (Optional)
||Audio in, headphone out, HDMI, USB (Min-B and Hi-Speed USB supported), SDI output, LAN (Ethernet connector (RJ45) (supports 1000 BASE-T)), DC input and Remote control terminal
HD Movie Mode
||Handle unit, lens hood with lens barrier, battery pack (BP-828), power adapter (CA-946), Mic holder, wireless controller (WL-D89) and user manual
||1920 x 1080
Optical zoom (x)
||Approx. 150 x 216 x 267 mm (approx. 5.9 x 8.5 x 10.5 in.)[Including lens hood, BP-828, mic holder unit, and handle unit]
Buy Now Pay Later
With the no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Call us to place your order and you can also make a partial payment, the interest charged will be based on the remaining balance. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £106.83
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
The approval of your application depends on your financial circumstances and borrowing history. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan. You will also receive reminder letters and text at the end of the deferral period to remind you when your first payment is due.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.