Equipped with the next-generation XF-HEVC format, the Canon XF705 Camcorder offers 4K UHD 50P 4:2:2 10-bit recording to SD cards, with impressive image quality and superior levels of detail. Combined with a 1.0 type CMOS sensor and DIGIC DV6 processing, the XF705 delivers vastly improved noise performance, sensitivity and cinematic depth of field.
Key Features: Canon XF705 Camcorder
- A professional handheld 4K UHD camcorder with the latest HEVC codec enables high quality internal UHD HDR recording or output for the broadcast and production industry
- UHD/50P 4:2:2 10-bit support with HEVC: The XF705 delivers UHD 4:2:2 10-bit footage utilising Canon’s new and efficient XF-HEVC format
- Simple HDR workflow: The XF705 records HDR internally in HLG or PQ formats to easily fit into a variety of quick HDR workflows
- Advanced 12G-SDI and IP streaming: A 12G-SDI interface sends UHD 50P over a single cable. Additionally, XF705 can stream UHD HDR with HEVC
- Accurate and reliable Dual Pixel CMOS AF: Dual Pixel CMOS AF provides accurate and fast autofocus with touch focus control and face detection
- 15x L-series lens with Wide-angle: The powerful 4K L-series lens with three independent lens rings provide flexible control
For more information and a detailed specification list, visit Canon's website here.
IBC 2018 | Canon XF705 4K Camcorder | First Look
Introducing the Canon XF705 Professional Camcorder
4K UHD/50P 4:2:2 10-bit support with HEVC
A 1.0-Type CMOS sensor and DIGIC processor produce professional 4K UHD 50P images in 4:2:2 10-bit, utilising Canon’s new and efficient XF-HEVC file format for smaller files that can be recorded direct to SD cards. Multiple recording formats are also supported including XF-AVC and high frame rates up to 120P.
Simple HDR workflow
XF 705 can record internally in two HDR formats, using HLG or PQ and features extensive HDR assist functions that aid the user to control the exposure for HDR shooting. Alternatively, for less time-critical productions, Canon Log3/BT.2020 support enables flexibility in a HDR Post-Production workflow.
Advanced 12G-SDI and IP streaming
With four times the bandwidth of 3G-SDI, the 12G-SDI terminal is capable of sending high quality uncompressed data over a single professional interface, while a built-in Ethernet port enables 4K IP streaming.
Accurate and reliable autofocus
With a 1.0-Type high resolution sensor, focus accuracy is critical. Therefore, the XF705 features Canon’s innovative Dual Pixel CMOS AF focusing system that provides features to ensure both autofocus and manual focusing is accurate and reliable, giving users the confidence to open-up the aperture, track moving subjects or focus pull with minimal effort.
Wide angle L-series lens with 15 x zoom
Image capture starts with outstanding optics and Canon’s L-Series lens delivers this in a compact, 3-ring, 15x wide angle zoom that incorporates a 5-axis IS, designed for exceptional 4K UHD capture.
Building on feedback from the hugely popular XF305, XF705 further enhances ergonomics and professional features, including HDR image monitoring using the built-in EVF and vari-angle LCD touchscreen. An improved grip and shoulder pad reduce strain and fatigue, making it an ideal platform for busy professionals on the move.
Back to top
- XF705 Camera Body
- Shoulder pad
- Lens hood with lens barrier
- Battery pack BP-A30
- Battery Charger CG-A20
- AC Adapter CA-CP200 L
- Mic holder
- Wireless Controller WL-D6000
- Shoulder Strap SS-1200
Back to top
||Shoulder pad, Lens hood with lens barrier, Battery pack BP-A30, Battery Charger CG-A20, AC Adapter CA-CP200 L, Mic holder, Eye-cup, Wireless Controller WL-D6000, Shoulder Strap SS-1200
||3840 x 2160
Optical zoom (x)
||SD card (UHS-I U3 support) x2
||190.5 x 232 x 375 mm
Spread the Cost
Spread the cost of this item over 24 months. With a 0% finance, no deposit and monthly repayments by direct debit this option is simple to manage. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||23 x £249.96
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
How does it work?
Where a qualifying product is added to your basket, the full value of your basket, including any accessories purchases, will be eligible for interest free credit. This is subject to the value of the additional products not exceeding the value of the qualifying product. No deposit is required and payments will be collected by direct debit in monthly instalments, the first instalment being collected 30 days after shipment of the product.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.