The Celestron CGX 1100 Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope features Celestron’s premium StarBright XLT coated optics and the latest state-of-the-art CGX computerised equatorial mount. Designed to support both visual and astro-imaging pursuits, the CGX 1100 has 89% more light gathering power than an 8" telescope and more than 40% more than the 9.25".
General Features: CGX Equatorial 1100 Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope:
- 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain Optical Tube Assembly
- Aluminium Optical Tube
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 2800 mm focal length (f/10)
- 40 mm eyepiece included (70x)
- Visual back allows for use with 1.25" accessories 9x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Includes dovetail rail compatible with CGE mount
Computerised Mount Features:
- All-new design. Sturdier and more rigid with quicker dampening time
- Increased load capacity to 55 lbs
- Improved motors provide more torque, better slewing and tracking under heavy loads
- Heavy Duty belt-drive system minimizes backlash while providing smooth motor operation under heavy loads
- Spring-loaded brass worm wheel and stainless steel worm gear reduce friction and provide optimum gear mesh
- Internal cabling for worry-free remote operation. Power input and accessory ports remain stationary while the mount slews to avoid snags
- Internal hard stops for both axes prevents cable tension and tripod strike
- Internal optical sensors on both axes for simple and safe remote operation
- Home sensors allow the mount to always start in the index position regardless of orientation before a power reset
- Limit sensors automatically shut off slewing or tracking before reaching the hard stop fail safe
- Brand new control software developed in conjunction with PlaneWave Instruments for professional level control operation and imaging
- Software includes multi-point mount modelling for extremely precise pointing accuracy and many more additional features for remote astroimaging
- Wider tripod stance for improved stability
- Adjustable EQ head position to optimize centre of gravity over the tripod and fully utilize the increased 3º-65º latitude range
- Dual-fit CG-5/Vixen and CGE/Losmandy dovetail saddle
Improved tripod includes:
- 2" steel legs with height index marks for quick levelling
- "Jack of all trays" can hold three 1.25" eyepieces, two 2" eyepieces, your smartphone, or other accessories
- +20 degrees of additional tracking past the meridian on either side
- Tripod legs can be collapsed with accessory tray installed for faster setup and transport
- Two handles for easy pickup and transport
- All-new ergonomically designed dovetail clamping knobs
- Innovative and improved polar alignment adjustment system
- All-new ergonomic latitude adjuster for smooth and easy adjustment under full loads
- All-new NexStar+ hand control with USB port
- Two AUX accessory ports to support wireless/WiFi alignment and operation with StarSense AutoAlign and SkyPortal WiFi Module accessories (sold separately)
- USB 2.0 port, used to connect directly to PC with included software
- Autoguider port
- PPEC ready
- Threaded 12VDC power input barrel connector
- Internal Real Time Clock (keeps time and site information saved)
Optical Tube Info:
- Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
- Aperture (mm): 279.4 mm (11 in)
- Focal Length: 2800 mm (110 in)
- Focal Ratio: 10
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm): 40 mm (1.57 in)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 70x
- Finderscope: 9x50
- Star Diagonal: 1.25
- Optical Tube: Aluminium
- Highest Useful Magnification: 660x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 40x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14.7
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.5 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 0.42 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 1593x
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 3.75 in (95 mm)
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 34%
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 12%
- Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT
- Optical Tube Length: 24 in (610 mm)
- Optical Tube Weight: 27.5lbs (12 kg)
- Dovetail Compatibility: CGE Mount
- Mount: German Equatorial Mount
- Instrument load capacity: 55lbs
- Tripod height adjustment range: 47.25” to 77.5” including EQ head
- Tripod leg diameter: 2"
- Latitude adjustment range: 3-65 Degree
- Tripod Weight: 19.2lbs
- EQ Head Weight: 44lbs
- Max Slew Speed: 5 Degree/second (4 Degree/second is default)
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Number of Auxiliary ports (for hand control and accessories): 2
- Autoguide Port: Yes
- USB Port: Yes
- Software: New telescope control PC software
- CGX Equatorial Head
- CGX Tripod
- Accessory Tray
- 3 x11 lbs counterweights
- NexStar+ Hand Control
- DC Power Cable (plugs into cigarette lighter socket)
CGX Intro by Bryan Cogdell
Back to top
Back to top
|Focal Length (mm)
|Focal Ratio (f/)
|Highest Practical Magnification (x)
||CGX Equatorial Head, CGX Tripod, Accessory Tray, 3 x11 lbs counterweights, NexStar+ Hand Control, DC Power Cable (plugs into cigarette lighter socket)
|Magnification with Supplied Eyepiece (x)
||Computerised Go To
|Optical Tube Connection
||12V DC 1.5 Amp
||Stainless Steel Tripod with Accessory Tray
|Tripod Weight (Kg)
Buy Now Pay Later
With our no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £168.30
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photographic act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.