Featuring a 102-megapixel CMOS sensor, the Fujifilm GFX100 is the company's flagship model in the GFX system of medium format mirrorless cameras. It uses G-mount lenses and is the first of its kind in the GFX range to offer Fujifilm's 5-axis in-body image stabilisation and phase detection AF to deliver high-speed autofocus that's twice as fast as previous GFX models. It also offers 4K/30p video recording.
Fujifilm GFX 100 Medium Format Camera Body Key Features:
- Perfectly suited to being used in a studio and outdoors in harsher environments
- 102-megapixel back-side illuminated large format sensor (43.8mm x 32.9mm)
- In-body 5-axis image stabilisation (IBIS) reduces shake by up to 5.5 stops
- Phase detection pixels across the entire sensor for faster and more accurate AF
- 4K/30p video recording (10bit 4:2:2 externally and 4:2:0 internally)
- Native ISO range of 100-12,800 (expandable from 50-102,400)
- 5.76-million dot EVF with 100% coverage and 2.6-million dot 3.2" tilting LCD display
- Lightweight, highly-durable dust- and weather-resistant, magnesium-alloy body
- Integrated vertical grip offers more stability and can hold one or two NP-T125 batteries
- Twin SD card slots and ports for USB-C, external mic and headphones
- High continuous shooting at 5.0fps
- Enhanced operability and versatile information displays (battery life, shot count and settings)
- Expansive range of GF series (G-mount) lenses available
Introducing the new FUJIFILM GFX 100!
Fujifilm GFX100 100MP Medium Format Body | Hands-on Review
Medium format flagship with 102MP CMOS sensor
- The camera system is fully capable of exceeding the needs of professional photographers and videographers in a variety of shooting situations. The GFX100 uses large CMOS sensor with over 100 million pixels which makes this the highest class resolution mirrorless digital camera ever produced. The new sensor, specifically developed for this camera, measures approx. 55mm diagonally and boasts an effective pixel count of approx. 102 million. When combined with the fourth generation "X-Processor 4" processor, it delivers the world’s highest level of image quality with exceptional colour reproduction unique to Fujifilm and the ultra-sharp "Fujinon GF lenses".
- The sensor’s "back illuminated" structure receives a greater amount of light accurately whilst achieving better noise performance. The sensor has lower noise, greater dynamic range and faster readout despite the higher pixel count.
Phase detection AF system and 5-axis in-body image stabilisation
- The GFX 100 is the first model in the GFX System that uses Fujifilm's phase detection AF algorithm, adopted from the fourth generation X Series cameras (X-T3 and X-T30), and which is praised for its precision and speed. The algorithm makes full use of 3.76 million phase detection pixels, placed across the entire sensor, to set a new standard in AF speed and precision for large format cameras performing the standard "Single Point" AF as well as "Zone" and "Wide Tracking" AF. The effect is particularly noticeable when using prime lenses with a heavy set of focus lens elements, achieving speed improvement of up to 210% over the conventional contrast AF system.
- Generally speaking, the higher the pixel count an image sensor has, the higher the likelihood of camera shake. To avoid this threat to image quality, Fujifilm has designed an in-body image stabilisation (IBIS) system specifically for the new 102MP large format sensor which gives up to 5.5 stops of image stabilization (when using the GF63mmF2.8 R WR).
Video recording at 4K with 10bit colour depth
- The combination of the new image sensor with high speed readout and the high performance fourth generation "X-Processor 4" engine has given the camera the ability to record 4K30p video (10bit 4:2:2 externally and 10bit 4:2:0 internally), a world’s first amongst large-format consumer mirrorless digital cameras carrying a sensor bigger than the 35mm format.
- When the standard digital cinema format (17:9) is selected, the GFX100 records video with a sensor area measuring 43.8mm (W) x 23.19mm (H) and 49.56mm diagonally. This is larger than many high end cinema cameras in recent years, making it easier than ever before to shoot high quality video with shallow depth of field, wide tonal range and high ISO sensitivity. The GFX100 produces footage with more detailed textures whilst reproducing three dimensional definitions and the very atmosphere of the scene.
- The GFX100 uses oversampling with the data equivalent to approx. 50.5 megapixels to render video. It also supports the highly efficient H.265/HEVC codec, as well as "F-Log" which has a gamma curve with a wide dynamic range and the "Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG)" for recording HDR footage with ease. The GFX100 is also the first model in the GFX System to incorporate the "ETERNA" cinema film simulation mode, delivering optimum solutions that reflect videographer’s intentions and facilitates a variety of creative expressions.
Dust-resistant, weather-resistant and magnesium alloy body with integrated vertical grip
- The GFX100 is the first Fujifilm mirrorless digital camera to incorporate an integrated vertical grip. This has led to a thinner form factor that is comfortable to hold in your hand, despite accommodating IBIS and two batteries in the body.
- Weather sealing is applied to 95 locations across the camera body to achieve an advanced level of dust- and moisture-resistance, so that the camera maintains reliable operation even in the toughest conditions.
Enhanced operability and versatile information displays
- The GFX100 features a 1.80 inch sub LCD monitor on the top panel and a 2.05 inch sub monitor on the rear panel for even more versatile information display. They show EXIF data, histogram and camera settings in large text. Various information can be allocated to each of the monitors (EVF, rear-panel LCD displays and top-panel sub LCD display) to make the viewfinder less clutterd and easier to use. This ensures clear information visibility when tethered shooting or when the camera has to be placed in a position that makes it difficult to see the viewfinder or either monitors. Furthermore, for users who prefer dial based operations, a characteristic of previous GFX cameras, the GFX 100 has a "Virtual Dial Mode", which displays the image of a dial on the top panel sub LCD monitor that can be rotated and adjusted with the front and back Command Dials.
EVF with 100% coverage and tilting 3.2" LCD
- The GFX100 inherits GFX 50S’s popular detachable EVF system that can be adjusted to various angles when using the EVF Tilting Adapter EVF-TL1. The world’s highest resolution 5.76 million dot OLED panel has been used to develop the GFX100 high definition EVF unit. The viewfinder has a magnification of 0.86x and contains five optical glass elements including aspherical elements and has been specifically designed for the 102MP sensor, which requires extreme focusing accuracy.
Unique colour reproduction technology
- The combination of the newly developed image sensor and the fourth generation "X-Processor 4" processing engine means the camera also supports "16-bit RAW" mode, requested by many professional photographers. The GFX100 also supports 16-bit TIFF in camera file conversion. The ultra high 100MP+ resolution and rich colour and tonal reproduction found in our "Film Simulation" modes, significantly boosts photo data’s post processing tolerance, meeting the diverse needs of professional photographers.
- The GFX100 also features a "Smooth Skin Effect" function, which automatically smooths the skin tones, a function often performed in post processing when shooting portraiture.
Various other new functions and features
- The GFX100 can accommodate two NP-T125 batteries, extending the number of frames per charge to approx. 800 when the rear LCD is used.
- The camera can be powered and charged through the USB-C connection. Connecting an external battery that supports USB Power Delivery enables even longer continuous shooting and simultaneous charging of the two batteries in the camera.
- This is the first GFX Series model that has a supports IEEE802.11ac 5GHz, enabling even faster wireless image transfer.
- Similarly to previous GFX models, the GFX 100 is compatible with "Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom" and "Capture One Pro FUJIFILM" for RAW processing and tethered shooting to accommodate the workflow of any professional photographers.
Wide range of GF series lenses
Back to top
- The GFX100 is complimented by an expansive range of lenses and accessories to maximize your workflow. When mounted on the GFX100, the GF Series of lenses, capture detail only a large CMOS sensor can see. You have a sense of dynamic presence, 3D definition and atmosphere unlike any other format. In addition to GF lenses, the GFX camera system can deliver the full performance potential of classic lenses built for medium format or large format cameras.
Back to top
||Frames: -2, -3, +3, +2, ±9, ±7, ±5, ±3 Step: 1/3EV, 2/3EV, 1EV, 4/3EV, 5/3EV, 2EV, 7/3EV, 8/3EV, 3EV
||Intelligent Hybrid AF (TTL contrast AF / TTL phase detection AF)
||-5.0EV - +5.0EV 1/3EV step
||P (Program AE) / A (Aperture Priority AE) / S (Shutter Speed Priority AE) / M (Manual Exposure)
||JPEG (Exif Ver.2.3)*2, RAW : 14bit / 16bit RAW (RAF original format), RAW+JPEG, 8-bit /16-bit(10-bit output in 16bit file) TIFF (In-camera Raw Conversion Only)
|Flash Sync Speed
|Frames Per Second
||Li-ion batteries NP-T125 (x2), Battery charger BC-T125, Plug adapter, Interchangeable electronic viewfinder EVF-GFX2, Body cap, Metal strap clips (x2), Clip attaching tool, Protective covers (x2), Shoulder strap, Cable protector, Hot shoe cover (Body/EVF), Connector cover (EVF), Sync terminal cover, Owner,s manual
|Memory Card Format
||SD Card (-2GB) / SDHC Card (-32GB) / SDXC Card (-512GB) UHS-I / UHS-II / Video Speed Class V90 *1
||TTL 256-zone metering
||-10°C - 40°C
|Shutter Speed, Maximum
|Shutter Speed, Minimum
||156.2mm (W) × 163.6mm (H) × 102.9mm (D)
Spread the Cost
Spread the cost of this item over 24 months. With a 0% finance, no deposit and monthly repayments by direct debit this option is simple to manage. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||23 x £416.63
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
How does it work?
Where a qualifying product is added to your basket, the full value of your basket, including any accessories purchases, will be eligible for interest free credit. This is subject to the value of the additional products not exceeding the value of the qualifying product. No deposit is required and payments will be collected by direct debit in monthly instalments, the first instalment being collected 30 days after shipment of the product.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.