Designed for portability and unrivalled image quality, the Fujifilm GFX 100S Medium Format Camera Body provides professional large-format image quality and performance on a smaller, more manageable scale. The Fujifilm GFX 100S sees a range of upgrades and improvements over its predecessor including, a fantastic lightweight and compact physical redesign that is 500g lighter, a redesigned In-body Image Stabilisation system and an updated shutter mechanism. Of course, the 102MP imaging sensor can capture consistently beautiful images that are crisp, rich with clarity and full of deep, punchy colours.
Fujifilm GFX 100S Medium Format Camera Body Key Features:
- Fujifilm’s stunning, high-resolution, back-illuminated 102MP sensor
- The sensor is 1.7x the size of a 35mm full-frame sensor
- High-performance quad-core X-Processor 4 CPU
- The medium-format system delivers smooth 4K30P video
- An impressively compact and rugged design
- No sacrifice in image quality of portability
- Fujifilm’s most advanced GFX camera to date (2021)
- Similar size and weight to full-frame cameras
- The camera body weighs in at just 900g
- Offers up to 6-stops of 5-axis in-body image stabilisation (IBIS)
- Incredibly accurate and fast autofocus performance
- Fujifilm’s world-renowned colour reproduction
- Familiar and intuitive design layout
Expanded Fujifilm GFX 100S Medium Format Camera Body Key Features:
A Redesigned Body
Building from what made the GFX 100 such a formidable force, Fujifilm had the task of deciding how to improve. What worked? What didn’t? Where could they improve? Size became a constant point that needed revisiting. They wanted to make medium-format digital photography comparable in size to many full-frame digital cameras - They did just that.
Weighing in at just 900g, this updated body is 6cm shorter and an impressive 500g lighter than the GFX100 camera body. And yet, it still is equipped with a 102MP imaging sensor, a redesigned IBIS, an updated shutter unit, and GFX100S takes advantage of a smaller, but an efficient lithium-ion battery.
Also, the GFX100S is designed to withstand and operate in temperatures as low as -10°C as well as being dust- and moisture-resistant. The casing around the lens mount has been made purposely 1mm denser which provides extra support of larger Fujifilm GF Lenses.
The predecessor to the GFX100s, the Fujifilm GFX 100, shook up the market with its impressive features and performance; but of course, Fujifilm needed to improve on this, too.
A notable difference between this camera and many other medium format cameras, is that Fujifilm has designed the on-sensor phase-detection pixels to cover almost 100% of the available space on the image sensor. This coverage provides an unprecedented level of autofocus performance never seen in medium-format digital photography.
The GFX 100S is capable of acquiring focus in as little as 0.18 seconds, even when available light fades to as low as -5.5EV. Using the power of X-Processor 4 and an updated focus tracking algorithm, you can also make use of impressively accurate Tracking AF and Face/Eye AF functions.
Newly Designed IBIS
Another addition to the GFX 100S is a newly designed in-body image stabilisation system - IBIS. This redesign is set to transform handheld medium-format shooting. It’s 20% smaller and 10% lighter than the system features in its predecessor yet, the redesigned 5-axis system provides 6-stops of CIPA-rated image stabilisation, which is a 0.5-stop improvement.
4K Video Footage
Thanks to the GFX100S sensor, you can capture beautifully cinematic 4K/30p video footage with incredible control of depth of field, a super-high ISO performance and a wide tonal gradation. You can record footage at bit rates of 400Mbps in various qualities including 10-bit 4:2:0 F-log internally to an SD card, and 12-bit 4:2:2 ProRes RAW through the HDMI port.
In addition to standard 4K/30p/16:9 video recording, this camera can capture a more cinematic feel. The GFX100S can also support a 17:9 aspect ratio and offers professional compression codecs such as REC.2100 supported Hybrid Gamma Log (HLG), or F-Log can be selected.
You can also record 4K/30P footage in 12-bit RAW, via HDMI, directly to an Atomos Ninja V Recording Monitor to later be output as ProRes RAW. This of course means that you can edit and refind your footage in post-production.
Feels Like Home
Whether you’re new to GFX series camera or an existing user, the GFX100S control layout is familiar and intuitive. You can quickly and efficiently switch between programmable custom options and still/video modes via the PASM dial, and the focus lever sees a simple, ergonomic update which makes choosing your autofocus point much easier.
As well as this, the GFX100S has a 1.8-inch sub LCD monitor on top which can be customised to display key EXIF settings including shutter speed, aperture, ISO sensitivity and exposure compensation. No modern camera would be complete without a rear, touch LCD. This LCD 3.2-inch, 2.36-million-dot monitor provides 100% coverage and is tiltable 90° up, 45° down, and 60° right.
Fujifilm’s World-Renowned Colour Science
As standard with any Fujifilm body, you’re spoiled with legendary and renowned colour science. With the touch of a button, you gain access to Fujifilm’s esteemed digital colour processing engines which offer 19 exclusive Film Simulations modes. This particular camera model gains you access to Fujifilm’s 2021 addition to their film-sim lineup - Nostalgic Neg.
Why we love the GFX 100S:
- That huge 102MP BSI CMOS Sensor is now seated inside a body much smaller than its predecessor making it far more travel friendly.
- A large sensor producing 102MP stills and the ability to output 12-Bit ProRes Raw means this camera can create incredible quality whatever you’re shooting.
- Fuji’s addition of mode dial controls makes the system far easier to get to know if you aren’t already a Fujifilm user.
Use this camera for:
- Unlike other medium format bodies, the GFX 100S offers users the chance to move around and shoot at 5fps continuous shooting. For fashion, catwalk, commercial campaigns etc this body would work brilliantly. It is a versatile model that is capable of outputting extremely high-quality images and video. Personally, the idea of travelling with this camera to beautiful locations around the world and being able to produce incredibly detailed images would be a big draw.
Look and feel:
- We haven’t had a 'hands on' just yet, but the new GFX 100S is much smaller in height than its predecessor but with a big hefty grip. For us, that’s the perfect balance, and with the new mode dial design, we think this will be the most intuitive GFX model yet.
What's in the box?
- 1 x Fujifilm GFX 100S Camera Body
- 1 x Li-ion battery NP-W235
- 1 x AC power adapter AC-5VJ
- 1 x Plug adapter
- 1 x USB cable
- 1 x Shoulder strap
- 1 x Body cap
- 1 x Hot shoe cover
- 1 x Cable protector
- 1 x Owner's manual
Fujifilm GFX 100S Medium Format Camera Body Product Video:
How big are the image files and how long do they take to download?
You’ll find that uncompressed raw files are roughly 200MB. Depending on the memory card that you’re using, it can take anywhere between 1-4 seconds. We’d recommend you use the fastest card possible.
Can you shoot video with the GFX 100S?
Yes, by all means. This model is capable of capturing stunning 4K 30p, 16:9 video footage, as well as having various other professional options for more cinematic recording.
How much does this camera weigh? Is it suitable for travelling?
This camera is designed to be lightweight, compact and perfect for a travelling photographer. It only weighs 900g which is lighter than some full-frame camera bodies.
Back to top
Spread the Cost
Spread the cost of this item over 24 months. With a 0% finance, no deposit and monthly repayments by direct debit this option is simple to manage. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||23 x £229.13
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
How does it work?
Where a qualifying product is added to your basket, the full value of your basket, including any accessories purchases, will be eligible for interest free credit. This is subject to the value of the additional products not exceeding the value of the qualifying product. No deposit is required and payments will be collected by direct debit in monthly instalments, the first instalment being collected 30 days after shipment of the product.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.