The Leica SF 40 is a high-powered, smart little flashgun that adds a lot of dynamic light to your scene. It has been made to be specifically compatible with Leica’s latest camera systems with TTL support for automatic exposure and metering. As a compact, user-friendly flash system, the SF 40 is an ideal companion when travelling. In regard to the SF 40’s power output, it is rated with a guide number of 40m at ISO 100 and 105mm - ideal for illuminating a whole room or a specific subject. Further to this, it has a zoom range of 24-105mm (expanded to 16mm with pull-out diffusion panel), 90° upward/downward tilt, and a full 360° of rotation. This allows for complete bounce coverage, whilst the addition of a compatible commander unit can transform the SF 40 into a wireless remote flash system.
Leica SF 40 Flashgun Key Features:
- Compatible with Leica TTL
- Optimised for use with Leica’s latest camera systems
- Efficient wireless remote functionality
- Impressive zoom range from 24 to 105mm (16mm with panel)
- Slow, High-Speed,1st and 2nd Curtain Sync modes available
- Tilts upward 90°
- Full 360° horizontal rotation L & R
- Versatile recycle time of 0.1 to 4 seconds
- -2 to +2 EV Exposure Compensation (in ½ step increments)
- Expansive 5600K colour temperature
- Capable of approx. 220 to 1700 flashes on a single set of fully-charged batteries
- LED video light available with a range of nine output levels
- Powered by four AA batteries (not included)
- Be sure to install the latest firmware updates to ensure compatibility
What's in the box?
- 1 x Leica SF 40 Flash
- 1 x External Diffuser
- 1 x Soft Case
- 1 x Flash Stand
- 1 x Limited 2-Year Warranty
Is this flashgun compatible with the Leica M6 TTl?
This flashgun is compatible with all camera systems that utilise Leica TTL to include: M10, M (Typ 240), M9, M8, Q, CL, SL, S (Typ 007), and S (Typ 006) - no AF light at flash support.
Can you use this flashgun with the Leica M-P?
The SF 40 Flashgun is compatible with the Leica M-P as it utilises Leica TTL.
How does the Leica SF 40 Flashgun connect to a compatible camera system?
As with most flashguns, it utilises the hot-shoe mount on the top of the camera body.
How user-friendly is this flashgun?
The Leica SF 40 offers a full range of features, a user-friendly interface, and a guide number of 40m at ISO 100 and 105mm - all within a compact, stylish design. This unit is particularly easy to navigate doe to its compact size - making it an ideal companion when travelling light.
Back to top