The Speed Booster Ultra from Metabones allows a Canon full-frame EF-mount lens to be mounted onto a Micro Four Thirds compact system camera. Like the previous Metabones Speed Booster model, the updated Ultra has a magnification of 0.71x so it effectively reduces the crop factor of mirrorless cameras with DX-sized sensors, such as Sony E-mount and Fuji X-mount cameras, from 1.5x to 1.07x. However, the new optical design in the Ultra uses advanced 5-element/4-group optical design incorporating ultra-high index tantalum-based optical glass to achieve extraordinary optical performance with improved corner sharpness, distortion and reduced vignetting.
- Increase maximum aperture by 1 stop
- Increase MTF of any lens attached
- Makes lens 0.71x wider
- Patented 5-element/4-group optical design incorporating ultra-high index tanatalum-based optical glass by Caldwell Photographic in the USA
- Supports 16:9 video with DX lenses
- Can be powered either by camera body or by third-party external 5V power source (not included)
- Iris/aperture controlled by the camera body
- Image stabilization (IS) lens support
- Electronic manual focusing (e.g. EF 85/1.2L II and discontinued EF 50/1.0L)
- EXIF (focal length, aperture, zoom range)
- Distance and zoom display on camcorders (requires lenses supporting distance information)
- Detachable tripod foot compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins and Photo Clam ball heads
- Flocking material coating to reduce internal reflection
- Compatible with all MFT mount cameras, including GH4, OM-D, Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera and JVC GY-LS300
Back to top
- EF-S lenses require modification to fit (but third party DX lenses can be used without modification)
- Some EF-S and DX lenses may not have enough coverage of the entire image circle for stills after widening by 0.71x (but video will have enough coverage).
- No video AF for Olympus
- AFC (continuous AF) and AFF (flexible AF) modes are not supported
- Panasonic video AF may hunt more than a native lens or have unsatisfactory performance
- No support for Focus Stacking and Focus Bracketing on Olympus
- EF-mount lenses are not silent but may make audible click noises during autofocus operation and iris changes which may be picked up by the built-in microphone of the camera. An external microphone is recommended for video
- Iris changes are unsmooth but in 1/8 stop steps which may be noticeable in video recordings. Programmed exposure mode and shutter priority exposure mode should not be used for video
- No support for in-camera correction such as peripheral shading, CA and distortion
- Designed to cover a 24mm image circle but not enough to cover Super35 so JVC GY-LS300 needs to have VSM configured to 86% (4k)
Back to top
|For Use With
||Canon EF Lenses & Micro Four Thirds Cameras
Buy Now Pay Later
With the no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Call us to place your order and you can also make a partial payment, the interest charged will be based on the remaining balance. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £23.29
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
The approval of your application depends on your financial circumstances and borrowing history. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan. You will also receive reminder letters and text at the end of the deferral period to remind you when your first payment is due.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.