The Neumann KM 184 MT Stereo Set consists of two KM 184 MT small-diaphragm, cardioid condenser microphones, along with windscreens and stand adapters. This microphone produces a transparent and natural sound with very low self-noise. This set of 2 microphones is ideal for orchestral recordings and live stage applications, with a high SPL capability of up to 138 dB.
Neumann KM 184 mt Stereo Set Key Features:
- The set can be used for orchestral recordings or live stage applications
- Features a frequency-independent cardioid pickup pattern
- Consists of a condenser, small-diaphragm capsule for natural sound reproduction
- Can be used for both in-studio and on-stage applications
- High SPL capability of 138 dB enables a wide range of applications
- 2 microphones come with a windscreen and a stand adapter each
- Maintains sonic integrity and is a popular choice for solo instruments
- Offers a very low self-noise and high-output gain with the transformer-less circuitry
- High SPL capability enables close-miking of instruments
- Powered by +48 V phantom power
- The slim design and rugged construction allow easy microphone placement
- Offers high rejection of rearward sound (180 degrees)
- Has a slight treble boost around 9 kHz and a linear frequency response
- The transformer-less head amplifier provides a dynamic range of 125 dB
- Enables long-distance signal transmission up to 300 metres
Expanded Neumann KM 184 mt Stereo Set Key Features:
Wide Range of Applications
This condenser microphone has a small diaphragm and is ideal for studio recordings, but the KM 184 MT is designed for both studio and stage applications. It creates a transparent and natural sound with high SPL capability, making it perfect for a wide application range from a classical piano to heavy metal drums. It is used extensively for acoustic instruments such as percussion, piano, drums, violin, acoustic guitar, cello, woodwinds, and brass. The superior off-axis behaviour of the microphone produces stunning results in stereo and surrounds recordings. Combining the excellent sound quality of KM 184 MT microphones, this Octo set becomes an ideal choice for orchestral recordings and live stage applications.
This microphone consists of transformer-less circuitry for a balanced output signal, without any colouration. It produces a clean, high output gain and runs on 48 V phantom power. The wide frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz enables flexible use in recording sessions and has a transparent reproduction of acoustic sounds. The linear frequency response gives a slight treble boost at 9 kHz and a dynamic range of 125 dB. The high SPL capability of the microphone (up to 138 dB) and low self-noise allows fairly close miking of various instruments. Thanks to the low impedance output stage, it enables long cable runs of up to 300 metres without any signal loss.
Cardioid Polar Pattern
This small-diaphragm, condenser microphone has a frequency-independent cardioid polar pattern. It offers a targeted, spot pickup area with no off-axis colouration and high rejection of rearward sound (180 degrees). Even at low frequencies, this wide pickup angle makes it an ideal choice for multi-microphone setups and precise stereo/surround imaging. The cardioid pickup pattern is more sensitive to the sound at the rear of the microphone than the sides and without any sonic imprint of its own, the KM 184 MT proves to be highly useful for acoustic events.
What's in the box?
- 2 x Neumann KM 184 MT Microphone
- 2 x Neumann WNS 100 Windscreen
- 2 x Neumann SG 21/17 MT Swivel Mount
- 2 x Microphone Pouch
- Limited 2-Year Warranty
How much does the microphone weigh?
The two microphones in the set weigh up to 80 grams each and their slim design enables easy placement. The rugged construction of the microphones ensures seamless handling for on-stage applications.
How can it be connected to other devices?
There is an XLR 3 F connector on the microphone that can be used to connect it to other input/output devices.
What is the pickup pattern?
The KM 184 MT has a frequency-independent cardioid pickup pattern with a high rejection of rearward sound (180 degrees). It is more sensitive to the sound at the back of the microphone than its sides and delivers distortion-less signals even at low frequencies.
Which all accessories are compatible with the microphone?
Many accessories are compatible with the microphone such as different stand mounts, a microphone cable, a table stand, auditorium hanger, a power supply, and a pop screen. The Octo set already includes 8 stand mounts and 8 windscreens.
Can it be used for stage applications?
The KM 184 MT is a cardioid condenser microphone, designed for both in-studio and on-stage applications.
Back to top