Delivering a studio-quality sound for stage applications, this Neumann KM 185 Stereo Set comes with a pair of KM 185 microphones along with their respective windscreens and stand adapters. This hyper-cardioid, pressure-gradient condenser microphone produces a warm and bass-supporting sound for artists who perform in proximity effect range.
Neumann KM 185 Stereo Set Key Features:
- Consists of a pair of KM 185 microphones, each with a windscreen and a stand adapter
- Features a hyper-cardioid pickup pattern that is frequency-independent
- Can be used for broadcasting, recordings, and live sound reinforcement
- The transformerless circuit provides a high output gain
- Can be powered by the +48 V phantom power
- Consists of a small-diaphragm, condenser capsule for a natural sound reproduction
- High SPL capability enables a wide range of applications from a classical piano to heavy metal drums
- Supports a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz for flexible recording situations
- The hyper-cardioid pattern provides attenuation at off-axis sections of the microphone
- Can be used for close-miking of acoustic instruments
- Offers a very self-noise of only 15 dB-A
- Capable of withstanding high sound pressure levels of up to 142 dB
- Can drive long cable runs of up to 00 metres without any signal transmission losses
- Has a slim design and rugged construction for easy placement
- Ideal for situations where sonic authenticity is paramount
Expanded Neumann KM 185 Stereo Set Key Features:
Wide Range of Applications
A condenser microphone with a small-diaphragm is ideal for studio recordings, but the KM 185 MT is designed for both studio and stage applications. It creates a transparent and natural sound with high SPL capability, making it perfect for a wide application range from a classical piano to heavy metal drums. It is used extensively for acoustic instruments such as piano, percussion, acoustic guitar, cello, wind instruments, drums, upright bass, and violin. It produces a warm and bass-supported sound for artists who perform in proximity effect range. Featuring a high rejection at 120-degree makes it ideal for many demanding applications. The slim design enables you to use the microphone for TV and radio applications.
HyperCardioid Polar Pattern
This small-diaphragm, condenser microphone has a frequency-independent hyper-cardioid polar pattern. It offers a targeted, spot pickup area with great attenuation at off-axis sections of the microphone. Even at low frequencies, this wide pickup angle makes it an ideal choice for multi-microphone setups and precise stereo/surround imaging. This pickup pattern is more sensitive to on-axis sounds with null points at 110-degree and 250-degree and has no sonic imprint of its own. This feature makes the KM 184 MT highly useful for acoustic events.
This microphone consists of transformer-less circuitry for a balanced output signal, without any colouration. It produces a clean, high output gain and runs on 48 V phantom power. The wide frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz enables flexible use in recording sessions and has a transparent reproduction of acoustic sounds. The linear frequency response gives a slight treble boost at 10 kHz and a dynamic range of 127 dB. The high SPL capability of the microphone (up to 142 dB) and low self-noise allows fairly close miking of various instruments. Thanks to the low impedance output stage, it enables long cable runs of up to 300 metres without any signal loss.
What's in the box?
- 2 x Neumann KM 185 Microphone
- 2 x Neumann WNS 100 Windscreen
- 2 x Neumann SG 21/17 MT Swivel Mount
- 1 x Wooden Box
- Limited 2-Year Warranty
Which all accessories are compatible with the microphone?
Many accessories are compatible with the microphone such as different stand mounts, a microphone cable, a table stand, auditorium hanger, a power supply, and a pop screen. The set already includes 2 stand mounts and 2 windscreens for both microphones.
How is the microphone powered?
The KM 185 MT is powered by 48 V of phantom power and if the mains power supply is not available, battery units can be used for the microphone. The BS 48 I and the BS 48 I-2 are the battery units that can be used, delivering 48 V at 5 mA maximum.
Is a long cable run possible with this microphone?
The low impedance output stage of the microphone enables long cable runs of up to 300 metres without any signal loss. It maintains the sound quality even at long distances and lossless transmissions.
How much does it weigh?
The slim design of the microphone makes it lightweight and it weighs only up to 80 grams.
What is the pickup pattern?
The KM 185 MT has a hyper-cardioid polar pattern with an acceptance angle of about 150 degrees.
Back to top