The Neumann KMS 104 vocal microphone has a cardioid condenser capsule for stunning on-stage and live applications. It has a robust metal housing and a hardened-steel grille to protect against unwanted noise and plosives. With a high SPL of up to 150 dB, this microphone ensures a frequency-independent high gain before feedback. It requires 48 V phantom power and comes with a 3-pin connector.
Neumann KMS 104 Vocal Microphone Key Features:
- Delivers studio-quality sound for on-stage and live applications
- Features a condenser capsule for high transparency in sounds
- The cardioid polar pattern ensures an excellent feedback rejection
- Delivers transformer-less output without any off-axis colouration
- Offers effective shielding against pop noises and loud plosives
- The metal head grille can be easily removed for quick cleaning
- Is powered by 48 V phantom power
- Has a rugged construction for easy on-stage application
- Capable of withstanding high sound pressure levels of up to 150 dB
- The airy top-end ensures a smooth frequency response
- Digital Microphone Interface with the Remote Control Software permits pre-programmed settings to be stored
- Offers high rejection of sounds from the back and sides of the microphone
- The transformer-less output minimises electromagnetic interference
- Low output impedance enables long cable runs of up to 300 metres
- Very well suited with in-ear monitoring systems
Expanded Neumann KMS 104 Vocal Microphone Key Features:
The Neumann KMS 104 BK vocal microphone is a studio-grade microphone that delivers studio-quality sound for on-stage and live applications. The cardioid, condenser capsule of the microphone has rugged construction for stage use. All of the features such as pop protection, low handling noise, high feedback resistance, and enormous SPL capability combine to brand the Neumann sound as the best stage sound. It produces transparent and a more emotional vocal sound without the usual EQ boost. In comparison with dynamic microphones, this digital condenser microphone offers a more dynamic range and a transient response.
The microphone has a low output impedance of 50 ohms and is capable of long cable runs of up to 300 metres. It ensures lossless signal transmission and minimises any electromagnetic interference. Featuring a low cut filter, this microphone is ideal for fairly close miking of instruments, ensuring a clear bass. Even if the singer’s lips touch the microphone, the head grille keeps the moisture away from the capsule. The head amplifier has a thick-walled housing to protect the microphone from any plosives or sibilance problems.
The condenser capsule of the microphone transmits the human voice in a natural and warm tone. It has a particularly high acoustic transparency, a fine resolution of transients, and a wide frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz. The acoustic filter and the transformer-less impedance converter handle very high sound pressure levels of up to 150 dB, enabling the handling of difficult on-stage situations. The acoustic filter has a directional characteristic and a high level of feedback protection.
The rugged and lightweight design of the microphone enables it to be used as a handheld vocal microphone. The high SPL capability and a wide dynamic range make it an excellent microphone for broadcast and recording applications. It can be used to record various instruments such as saxophone, percussion, trumpet, acoustic guitar, harmonica, and guitar cabinets. It picks up dry sounds with very little ambience and thus, is ideal for close-mic placement.
What's in the box?
- 1 x Neumann KMS 104 Vocal Microphone
- 1 x Neumann SG 105 Stand Clamp
- 1 x Padded Nylon Bag
- Limited 2-Year Warranty
What is the microphone’s pickup pattern?
The KMS 104 has a cardioid pickup pattern that yields the best rear sound rejection. It has a low sensitivity towards the sound originating from the back of the microphone and has a unidirectional pickup.
Which power supply is used by the microphone?
The microphone is phantom powered at 48 V, and the dc-dc converter compensates for variation of supply voltage, also when the ac main is switched off. If a mains power source is available, it can also be powered by specific battery units.
Can it be used with a wireless transmitter?
It can be operated with plug-on or pocket transmitters with these specifications: P48 phantom power, the signal on pin 2, and sufficient dynamic range of the transmitter.
How much does it weigh?
The rugged microphone weighs approximately 300 grams and is ideal for handheld usage.
How can it be cleaned?
The hardened head grille can be easily removed in addition to the acoustic filters, which can be easily unscrewed for quick cleaning.
Back to top