Delivering a pristine and clear sound, the Neumann TLM 103 is a large-diaphragm condenser microphone with a cardioid pickup pattern. It features a low self-noise level, high SPL capability, a transformerless circuit, and extraordinary true sound reproduction. This acoustically well-balanced microphone can be used for vocal recordings, broadcasting and close miking of instruments.
Neumann TLM 103 Microphone Key Features:
- Large-diaphragm condenser capsule is derived from the U 87 microphone
- Produce balanced sound with enhanced presence
- Features a cardioid pickup pattern for high-feedback rejection
- The transformerless circuit delivers a pristine sound
- Has a tapered head grille design for a distinct look
- Offers a more modern voicing with a presence boost above 5 kHz
- Can be used for vocal recordings, solo instruments, and broadcasting
- The deep and controlled low end is perfect for sonorous voices and bass instruments
- Has a very low self-noise of 7 dB-A and high sensitivity of 23 mV/Pa
- Capable of withstanding enormous sound pressure levels of up to 138 dB
- The output stage minimises any transmission losses
- Produces uncoloured sound and a powerful bass response at high signal levels
- Has compact construction for easy handling, even in tight spots
- Can capture anything from a whisper to a thunderous bass drum
- Runs on 48 V phantom power
Expanded Neumann TLM 103 Microphone Key Features:
The Neumann TLM 103 not only has a clear sound reproduction but has set standards for technical excellence as well. The incredible low self-noise of 7 dB-A makes it the quietest microphone. It is combined with a high sensitivity of 23 mV/Pa and a high SPL capability of 138 dB. This makes the microphone versatile and can be used to capture anything from a whisper to powerful bass drums, without any distortion. There is no need for pre-attenuation as the dynamic range of 131 dB makes it very easy to use the microphone.
All of the features of the microphone are combined to enable a wide application range. Designed primarily for project studios and broadcast use, the TLM 103 has exceeded its use to more renowned recording studios as a more modern-sounding microphone. It can be used for vocals, speech, and solo instruments such as guitar, drums, and a piano. It has an authoritative mid-range that makes it ideal as a spot microphone in classical recordings, for cello or double bass.
The microphone features a large-diaphragm condenser capsule with a cardioid pickup pattern. This directional polar pattern captures sounds with high gain from the front and sides, rather than the rear side. With a gentle presence boost, it delivers a stunningly direct sound with low self-noise. The compact design enables its use even in tight spaces and the classic tapered head grille design gives it a distinct look.
Featuring a transformerless circuit, the microphone minimises any transmission losses. It ensures an immediate, uncoloured sound and a powerful bass response, even at high signal levels. There is a wide presence boost for frequencies above 5 kHz to give a modern voicing effect to the sound. The controlled low end is a unique feature, ideal for sonorous voices and bass instruments. The circuit maintains an excellent common-mode rejection (CMR) and suppresses the induced interference in the balanced modulation line.
What's in the box?
- 1 x Neumann TLM 103 Microphone
- 1 x SG 2 Swivel Mount
- 1 x Wooden Box
- Limited 2-Year Warranty
Which all accessories are compatible with the microphone?
Various Neumann accessories are compatible with the TLM 103 microphone such as an elastic suspension, stand mounts, an auditorium hanger, table and floor stands, microphone cables of different lengths, a pop screen or a foam windscreen.
Which power supply is used?
This studio condenser microphone uses an audio interface to convert the analogue signal to a digital signal to go into the computer. It can be phantom powered at 48 V or it can use battery units when the mains power source is not available.
How much does it weigh?
The condenser microphone has a compact construction for easy handling and weighs only 450 grams.
What is the microphone’s pickup pattern?
The large-diaphragm capsule features a cardioid pickup pattern that captures sounds with high gain from the front and sides of the microphone. It poorly picks up any sound from the rear of the microphone. It isolates unwanted ambient sounds and makes the microphone ideal for live applications and other applications where high feedback rejection is required.
Back to top