The Nikon NIKKOR Z 85mm f/1.8 S is a premium S-Line fast-focusing lens that delivers incredible detail throughout the frame. Whether shooting stills or video, this full-frame mirrorless lens lets photographers portray subjects with astonishing clarity. The Nikon NIKKOR Z 85mm f/1.8 S offers a flattering perspective, breath-taking resolution, stunning bokeh in addition to focus and life like accuracy compensation. This 85mm prime lens is perfect for shooting portraits, wedding and fashion photography as well as street photography and interviews. In a nutshell this lens is the lens for any situation which needs to highlight the human form and can satisfy the needs of a photographer as well as a documentary filmmaker alike.
- The NIKKOR Z is designed around the wide Nikon Z mount; this lens can capture more light across the entire frame.
- The S-Line offers its users next-dimension optical design, Anti-reflective Nano Crystal Coat and the smooth, silent multi-focusing system.
- The NIKKOR Z provides user with sharp detail and exceptional edge-to-edge performance as well as a minimum focus distance of just 0.80m.
- The NIKKOR Z is tough and durable. Every movable part of the lens barrel is sealed to protect from dust and water droplets making it perfect for urban street photography, interviews and documentary filmmaking.
- The NIKKOR Z great for video. It features silent aperture adjustment and a near silent AF focus thanks to which breathing is all but eliminated.
- The NIKKOR comes with a customisable control ring which can be used for manual focusing (default), aperture control, or exposure compensation depending on the user’s needs.
Expanded Key Features:
The NIKKOR Z 85mm f/1.8 S’s 85mm perspective is within the sweet spot for portraiture and fashion photography. It can render faces naturally and beautifully, free of distortion.
The Z series' precise Eye-AF combined with the NIKKOR Z 85mm f/1.8 S’s extreme sharpness ensure that the user’s portraits and headshots will feature tack-sharp focus directly on the eyes of the subject.
The NIKKOR Z is perfect for capturing the subtle emotions expressed through facial expressions thanks to its extreme sharpness and high resolution.
Great for Documentaries, Interviews and More
Thanks to its artistic qualities, natural perspective, quiet autofocus and the smooth aperture control, the NIKKOT Z 85mm f/1.8 S is a fantastic lens perfectly suitable for documentary filmmaking and interviews. It can also be used for capturing B-roll footage and comes in handy anywhere the subject needs to be isolated form the background. The users can utilise the customizable control ring to create smooth iris transitions, or let Auto Aperture Control adjust the iris during exposure changes.
Back to top
Back to top
|Filter Thread Size (mm)
|Focal Length – Tele (mm)
|Focal Length – Wide (mm)
||Internal Focusing (IF) system
||HB-91 Bayonet Hood (supplied)
||LC-67B 67 mm snap on Front Lens Cap, LF-N1 Rear Lens Cap, HB-91 Bayonet Hood, CL-C1 Lens Case
||Short Telephoto Prime
|Maximum Aperture – Tele
|Maximum Aperture – Wide
|Number of Lens Elements
|Number of Lens Groups
||75.0 (D) mm x 99.0 (L) mm
Angle of view (degrees)
Minimum Focus Distance (m)
Spread the Cost
Spread the cost of this item over 12 months. With a 0% finance, no deposit and monthly repayments by direct debit this option is simple to manage. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||11 x £59.08
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
How does it work?
Where a qualifying product is added to your basket, the full value of your basket, including any accessories purchases, will be eligible for interest free credit. This is subject to the value of the additional products not exceeding the value of the qualifying product. No deposit is required and payments will be collected by direct debit in monthly instalments, the first instalment being collected 30 days after shipment of the product.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.