Please Note: This model is now discontinued and a new version is now available: Nikon SB-910 Speedlight Flashgun The SB-900 Speedlight Flashgun. This Nikon's successor to the popular SB-800 Speedlight. The high-performance SB-900 features a wide 17-200mm auto zoom range (larger than the 24-105mm zoom range of the SB-800), three illumination patterns, a newly designed and extra efficient operation with a LCD that displays full-information, and AF-Assist illumination which is compatible with the new generation AF-sensors. The Speedlight SB900 Nikon Flashgun delivers a high-speed recycle time due to its improved booster circuit and for the first time in a flash unit, firmware can be uploaded onto the Speedlight via a Nikon digital SLR camera.
The Nikon Speedlight SB-900 Flashgun also features additional useful functions, including the ability to swivel the head up to 180 degrees left or right, a built-in overheat protection system and automatic filter detection which delivers an unprecedented white balance correction, even in fluorescent lighting conditions.
Using the SB-900, you can make the most of the benefits of the Nikon Creative Lighting System for both automation and comprehensive control, giving you the opportunity to explore endless lighting possibilities.
Nikon Speedlight SB900 Major Features
Note: The Nikon SB-900 Speedlight is the world’s first flash unit firmware update function via a digital SLR camera as of July 1, 2008 (according to research conducted by Nikon Corporation)
Back to top
- The multi-step auto zoom covers a wide 17-200mm zoom range (compared to 24-105mm on the SB-800)
- Standard, centre-weighted and even illumination patterns are available to match any shooting environment
- Nikon FX and Nikon DX formats are automatically detected and suitable light distribution is selected
- An improved booster circuit gives high-speed recycle time: Recycle time using four AA-size batteries is almost equal to the SB-800 with five AA-size batteries
- AF-Assist illumination covers a wide 20-105 mm focal range that is compatible with the new Multi-CAM3500 FX/DX AF sensor
- The SB-900 facilitates firmware updates via the Nikon D3 and D700 (See note below)
- Thermal cut-out function limits the number of flashes to avoid deterioration of light emitting parts caused by continuous flash firing
- Colour filters (fluorescent or incandescent) are automatically detected, enabling the camera to control colour temperature according to filter information from SB-900
- Enhanced switch panel for improved usability
- Improved GUI using a large-size LCD dot panel
- Bounce capability: tilts up to 90º, down to -7º, rotates horizontally 180º to right and left
- Advanced Wireless Lighting and versatile functions for up to three remote groups of SB-900s or other compatible Speedlight controlled through the master SB-900
Back to top
||TTL, Auto Aperture flash, Non-TTL auto flash, Distance-priority manual flash, Manual flash, Repeating flash
||Speedlight Stand AS-21, Nikon Diffusion Dome SW-13H, Color Filter Set SJ-900, Color Filter Holder SZ-2, Soft Case SS-900
|Maximum Guide Number
||78 x 146 x 119 mm
Buy Now Pay Later
With our no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £12.72
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.