The NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct is a new addition to the S-Line lenses. It is a fast, standard prime, manual-focus lens for the Nikon Z mount Full-Frame Mirrorless-Camera System. The amalgamation of the large-diameter Z mount with the 16mm flange focal distance has resulted in the f/0.95 max aperture that is, as of writing this article, the fastest in the history of Nikon lenses. The NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct has adopted 1977 AI Noct Nikkor 58mm f/1.2 standard prime lens’ renowned ability to reproduce sharp and clear points. Additionally, fantastic optical performance and rendering performance, in terms of resolution, bokeh effects, and point-image reproduction characteristic, has also been carried over and improved upon.
NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct Key Features:
- Aimed at creatives working with portrait, night landscape, and star-scape photography
- Offers the faster aperture of f/0.95 in the history of Nikon lenses
- Features 17 elements in 10 groups including 4 ED glass elements and 3 aspherical lens elements
- The lens is coated with anti-reflection coatings, ARNEO Coat, and Nano Crystal Coat to reduce flare and ghosting
- Fluorine coating repels dust, water, grease and dirt
- Features a focal length of 58mm and an aperture range of f/0.95-16
- The lens has an 82mm filter attachment size and 11 rounded diaphragm blades
- Lens Function button conveniently allows users to assign variety of functions to it
- Create stunning bokeh effects thanks to the max aperture of f/0.95
- Users benefit from fabulous resolution with focal plane at any shooting distance they can image, even at max aperture
- Comes with a felt-lined lens hood for reduced reflections
- Precise aperture control is achievable thanks to the electromagnetic diaphragm
- For improved operability lens info panel has been implemented to showcase aperture value and shooting distance without the need to look through the viewfinder, even in darkness
- Enjoy point-image reproduction that renders points as points delivering clean images even at max aperture, especially when shooting at night
- Stunning bokeh effects that the degree of transitions organically with the increase of the focal plane distance are owned to spatial expression with perfect blur characteristics
Expanded NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct Key Features:
All About The Elements
The construction of the lens sees 17 elements in 10 groups that include 4 ED glass elements, 3 aspherical lens elements, and welcomes large-diameter ground aspherical lens elements. The latter are constructed from high-refractive glass that has been precisely moulded. Spherical aberration, distortion, and other types of aberration are successfully corrected thanks to this optical lens construction.
Style and Substance
The machined metal exterior of the lens features a yellow engraved ‘Noct’ logo which above giving the lens an elegant look also reflects the high-quality of the engineering that went into creating it. The incorporated silent focus and control rings rotate in a smooth manner and have a precision feel to them. It has been designed for optimal operability with proper torque whether working with still imagery or video.
What’s in the box:
- 1 x NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct Lens
- 1 x CT-101 Trunk Case
- 1 x Felt-Lined Lens Hood
NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct Sample Images:
Back to top
Back to top
|Filter Thread Size (mm)
|Focal Length – Tele (mm)
|Focal Length – Wide (mm)
||HN-38 Screw on Lens Hood (supplied)
|Maximum Aperture – Tele
|Maximum Aperture – Wide
|Number of Lens Elements
|Number of Lens Groups
||Approx. 102.0 mm. maximum diameter x 153.0 mm.
Angle of view (degrees)
||40° 50, (Nikon FX format)
Minimum Focus Distance (m)
Buy Now Pay Later
With our no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £324.89
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.