As part of Nikon’s lightweight and affordable trinity, the Z 70-180mm f2.8 all-purpose lens delivers standout shots near and far. Thanks to its versatile 70-180mm focal range, fixed f2.8 aperture, and intuitive ergonomics, this lens gives users the flexibility, agility and speed needed to adapt quickly to new shooting environments, making the switch from portraits to cityscapes feel like a breeze.
Nikon Z 70-180mm f2.8 Lens Key Features:
- An all-purpose telephoto zoom lens that delivers standout shots near & far
- Flexible 70-180mm focal range for everything from portraits to landscapes
- Premium construction featuring 19 elements arranged into 14 groups
- Includes 5 ED, 1 super-ED, & 3 Aspherical elements to correct aberrations
- Wide, bright, & fast f2.8 fixed aperture great for working with low light
- Shoot close range with a 0.27m minimum focusing distance
- 9-blade aperture diaphragm for naturally circular bokeh
- Fast, precise & near-silent autofocussing with high-speed STM
- Optimised for video with focus breathing suppression
- Reach further with the Nikon Z 2.0x & 1.4x teleconverters
- Reliable sealing protects against dust & water droplets
- 67m attachment for using optional filters & accessories
- Customisable clickless control ring for intuitive handling
- Knurled zoom ring & zoom lock switch prevents creep
- Compact, lightweight & highlight portable
Expanded Nikon Z 70-180mm f2.8 Lens Key Features:
Built to provide users with more flexibility, agility, and speed, the Nikon Z 70-180mm Lens features an impressive 19 glass elements arranged into 14 groups to deliver detail-rich clarity even at the 180mm end. Nikon also includes five ED elements, one super-ED element, and three aspherical elements to reduce chromatic aberrations and minimise distortion, cementing this lens as a high-performing option. Combined with the fixed f2.8 aperture, the Nikon Z 70-180mm f2.8 Lens allows users to shoot in low light at lower ISOs, or use faster shutter speeds to freeze movement. Bokeh also looks natural and circular thanks to the 9-bladed diaphragm.
Optimised for Video
Combining long reach with quiet focusing makes the Nikon Z 70-180mm f2.8 Lens an excellent option for shooting video. Taking video optimisation a step further, Nikon has also included focus breathing suppression to keep the angle view consistent whilst tracking subjects as they move towards or away from the lens. Thanks to this masterful combination, the Nikon Z 70-180mm f2.8 Lens achieves cinematic-looking shots whether filming an event from afar, using the lens’ shallow depth of field to make close-ups sing, or getting creative with longer focal length to create a type of parallax effect.
Nikon has poured significant effort into keeping the Z 70-180mm f2.8 Lens compact and lightweight. With a streamlined build designed to increase user agility, this lens weighs approximately 795g and measures just 83.5mm x 151mm. Thanks to this, the Z 70-180mm f2.8 Lens is also beautifully balanced on Nikon Z series cameras. Operating the lens is just as easy; users can customise the smooth, click-less control ring for how they shoot, and the knurled zoom ring provides a firmer grip for steadier zooming. A zoom lock switch also locks the lens in the 70mm position to prevent lens creep when not in use.
With a flexible focal range, users require flexible shooting conditions; knowing this, Nikon has sealed the Z 70-180mm f2.8 Lens to prevent dust and water droplets from entering the barrel. This reliable sealing allows photographers to shoot outdoors comfortably, knowing their kit is safe in less favourable climates. Reinforcing Nikon’s dedication to maximising protection, the Z 70-180mm f2.8 Lens also benefits from an antifouling coating on the front element, minimising unwanted contaminants and making it easier to clean.
What’s in the box?
- 1 x Nikon Z 70-180mm f2.8 Lens
- 1 x Lens Cap LC-67B
- 1 x Rear Cap LF-N1
- 1 x Lens Hood HB-113
- 1 x Lens Case CL-C2
What types of photography are suitable for the Nikon Z 70-180mm f2.8 Lens?
As a telephoto zoom with a highly flexible 70-180mm focal range, the Nikon Z 70-180mm f2.8 Lens is an excellent option for capturing flattering portraits, intimate cityscapes, and layered landscapes.
What focal length can I achieve with the Nikon Z series teleconverters?
When pairing your Nikon Z 70-180mm f2.8 Lens with the TC-2.0x teleconverter, you can get up to 360mm. With the TC-1.4x teleconverter, you can get up to 252mm. Nikon Z series teleconverters are optional but are a great way to extend your reach even further for capturing more challenging subjects at a greater distance.
Can I use filters with the Nikon Z 70-180mm f2.8 Lens?
Yes, the Nikon Z 70-180mm f2.8 Lens has a 67mm attachment that allows photographers to use filters and other optional accessories.
How compact is the Nikon Z 70-180mm f2.8 Lens?
The Nikon Z 70-180mm f2.8 Lens is a compact, lightweight telephoto zoom. It measures approximately 83.5mm x 151mm in size and weighs only 795g, making it easy to store and transport from one shoot to the next.
What is the minimum focusing distance for the Nikon Z 70-180mm f2.8 Lens?
The minimum focusing distance for the Nikon Z 70-180mm f2.8 Lens depends on the focal length. See below:
Back to top
- 70mm zoom position: 0.27m
- 85mm zoom position: 0.33m
- 105mm zoom position: 0.42m
- 135mm zoom position: 0.58m
- 180mm zoom position: 0.85m