The Pentax K-5 Digital SLR Camera features a 16.3 megapixel CMOS sensor with built in stabilisation. This in camera stabilising means that any lens mounted on the K-5 gets the benefit of image stabilising for blur free images. The CMOS sensor offers a sensitivity range from ISO 80 up to an impressive 51200, allowing for great shots to be captured even under dim lighting conditions. Along with a ...
The Pentax K-5 Digital SLR Camera features a 16.3 megapixel CMOS sensor with built in stabilisation. This in camera stabilising means that any lens mounted on the K-5 gets the benefit of image stabilising for blur free images. The CMOS sensor offers a sensitivity range from ISO 80 up to an impressive 51200, allowing for great shots to be captured even under dim lighting conditions. Along with a frame rate of up to 7fps, the K-5 also records full HD video which is easily composed using the large 3 inch 921,000 dot LCD monitor, which also offers Live View for still shooting. With 77 independent seals providing excellent dust and weather-proofing, the Pentax K-5 Digital SLR is a camera for all conditions.
Pentax K-5 main features
High-resolution, low-noise, true-to-life image reproduction
Pentax K-5 incorporates a new generation CMOS sensor, combined with the reliable PRIME II Imaging Engine, which produce high-resolution, rich-gradation digital images.
The K-5 also offers a wide sensitivity range, from ISO 100 to 12800, which can be expanded to ISO 80~51200. As the Analogue/Digital conversion is done within the sensor, the K-5 features impressive noise management.
Responsive, high-precision autofocus system
The K-5 embeds the same new-generation SAFOX IX+ autofocus system as Pentax 645D Medium Format camera, which features 11 sensor points (with 9 cross-type sensors in the middle) to assure pinpoint and fast focus.
K-5's new-generation sensor combined with high performance autofocus algorithms ensure accurate and quick contrast AF operation during Live View shooting. With the addition of a Golden Section display, the K-5 offers a choice of three different grid patterns to aid image composition.
Continuous shooting at 7 images per second
The K-5’s high-speed continuous shooting mode records up to 22 images (in JPEG recording format) in a single sequence at a maximum speed of 7 images per second, allowing you to take sharp pictures of active, fast-moving subjects.
Recording of Full HD-proportion movies
The K-5 captures beautiful, true-to-life movie clips in 16:9 Full HD proportions at a frame rate of 25 frames per second. This extends many of the benefits of high-quality SLR photography to the world of movie shooting. For instance, reduce the depth of field to make a subject stand out, or use different interchangeable lenses to create distinctive visual effects. The K-5 also allows you to add specific visual effects during shooting.
Compact, solid, functional camera body
The K-5 is exceptionally solid and durable, with a body of sturdy yet lightweight magnesium alloy, and a chassis of highly-rigid stainless steel. Thanks to the inclusion of 77 special seals, it also boasts a dustproof, weather-resistant and cold-resistant (-10°C) construction, assuring reliable operation even in harsh environments.
Bright, clear viewfinder with 100% coverage
The K-5 features a pentaprism finder with a 100% field of view which provides great visibility in outdoor shooting and improves the accuracy of focusing and image composition. It also comes with the renowned Natural-Bright-Matte focusing screen to assist you with manual-focus operation.
Shake Reduction mechanism with user-assisting options
The K-5 features the Pentax-Shake Reduction, which effectively compensates the effect of camera shake by up to 4 shutter steps to produce sharp, blur-free images. This innovative mechanism works with all Pentax lenses — even those designed for analogue cameras. The K-5 also features an auto level compensation function to assure effortless adjustment of horizontal alignment, and a composition adjustment function to automatically compensate for the camera’s inclination during handheld shooting — vertically, horizontally, and in the direction of rotation.
Large 3.0-inch wide-view colour LCD monitor
The K-5 features a large, high-resolution colour LCD monitor with 921,000 dots. Its wide-view design assures a clear view of the monitor image from 170 degrees horizontally and vertically.
Innovative image-processing functions to produce distinctive photographic expressions
- Custom image function for distinctive finishing touches
The K-5 offers a choice of 9 Custom Image modes, which allows you to easily select a desired finishing touch for a particular image in order to more faithfully express your creative intention or emphasize the prevailing atmosphere.
- Digital filters function
This function allows you to process recorded images and produce highly creative visual expressions without the need of a computer. You not only have a choice of 18 different filters, but can also apply different filters one after another to a single image to create more visual effects.
- Cross process mode with three options
The K-5 features the unique Cross process mode, in which the camera automatically shifts photographic parameters for each exposure to create eye-catching images with unique, dramatic colours — just like pictures treated with the cross process in film photography.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) function
The K-5 features the HDR (high dynamic range) function to create one composite image with an extra-wide gradation range from 3 images with different exposures, without requiring a computer.
Back to top
- Electronic level function, with a newly added tilt confirmation tool.
- Extended-exposure NR (Noise Reduction) function, with a choice of Auto, On and Off modes.
- High-sensitivity Noise Reduction function, with a camera-dependent Auto mode and a user-adjustable reduction strength preset for each ISO setting.
- RAW/Fx button, for single-action switching of image file format, as well as for assignment and instant recall of a specific function.
- 77-segment multi-pattern metering system for extra-accurate light measurement.
- Dust Removal II mechanism, to shake dust off the CMOS image sensor as effectively as any other dust removal device.
- Long battery life, for recording of 980 images with full recharge.
- User-friendly Hyper control system, to flexibly and accurately respond to the photographer’s creative intentions.
- Dynamic-range expansion function, to compensate for both overexposed and underexposed areas.
- Automatic compensation of distortion and lateral chromatic aberration (available with DA-,DFA- and FA Limited-series lenses).
- CTE mode, to automatically adjust the white-balance level to emphasize primary colours of scenes.
- Attachment of copyright credits on recorded images.
- D-BG4 Battery Grip (optional) for extra power supply with an exclusive rechargeable lithium-ion battery or six AA-size batteries.
- Colour-specific control buttons/dials for easy recognition and quick access, based on the universal colour design.
- Pentax Digital Camera Utility 4 software package, including a RAW-data processing and browser application (based on the popular SILKYPIX RAW data processing engine developed by Ichikawa Soft Laboratory) and a browser application.
Loan Interest Bearing
This option comprises term loan with a choice of repayment plans over:
- 12 months
- 24 months
- 36 months
No deposit is required. However you can pay an optional deposit of not less than 10% of the total amount if you choose.
The balance of the finance agreement is payable directly to Barclays Partner Finance in equal monthly instalments by monthly direct debit. The direct debit payments will commence at the end of the first month following receipt of your goods. The interest rate charged is 14.9% APR. Late payment and early repayment penalties apply; full details of these will be provided in the loan agreement pack.
||11 x £52.22
||23 x £27.92
||35 x £19.87
|Total Amount Repayable
Are you eligible for finance?
In order to apply you must fulfill the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be in full-time work (16 hours or more a week), retired, or in receipt of disability allowance
- Earn at least £6,000 a year
- Have been a UK resident for three years or more
- Have a mobile phone number
- Have an email address
- Have a UK bank account from which Direct Debits can be taken
- Have no outstanding County Court Judgements (CCJs)
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
How does it work?
Where a qualifying product is added to your basket, the full value of your basket, including any accessories purchases, will be eligible for interest free credit. This is subject to the value of the additional products not exceeding the value of the qualifying product. No deposit is required and payments will be collected by direct debit in monthly instalments, the first instalment being collected 30 days after shipment of the product.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.