With 24.32 megapixels, the Pentax KP DSLR in silver is a high-resolution camera that boasts a new-generation APS-C CMOS image sensor and high-performance imaging engine. Dustproof, weather-resistant, and cold-proof down to -10°C, its magnesium-alloy body is compact and lightweight. It features a 5-axis shake-reduction system, a maximum ISO of 819,200, 1080p video recording, and a 27-point autofocus system.
Key Features: Pentax KP DSLR Camera Body - Silver
- New flagship APS-C model aimed at advanced-enthusiasts
- 24.3MP APS-C-size CMOS sensor
- New generation CMOS sensor and high-performance imaging engine
- Dustproof, weather-resistant, cold-proof down to -10°C
- Five-axis shake-reduction system with compensation effect of five shutter steps
- Customisable features including grip replacement system and control panel
- Anti-aliasing filter simulator
- True-to-life reproduction of gradation and texture
- High-speed operation
- Effective noise reduction
- Handheld photography at night with maximum ISO of 819,200
- Pixel Shift Resolution System captures 4 images of same scene, shifting the image sensor by a single pixel for each image, then synthesises them into single composite image.
- Maximum shutter speed of 1/24000 second
- Optical viewfinder with nearly 100% field of view and 0.95x magnification
- 27-point autofocus system with SAFOX 11 module
- Full HD recording with external microphone terminal
- 3.0-inch LCD monitor with vertical tilt function
- Wireless connection capability
Featuring a new-generation APS-C-sized CMOS image sensor with approximately 24.32 effective megapixels, the Pentax KP produces super-high-resolution images. The sensor is coupled with an AA-free optical design that optimises the sensor’s imaging power to deliver well-defined images with true-to-life reproduction of gradation and texture.
The combination of the PRIME IV imaging engine and a state-of-the-art accelerator unit assures dependable, high-speed operation and effective noise reduction. Photographers will be able to photograph handheld at night using the super-high sensitivity of ISO 819,200.
Compact, Portable Body
Designed for optimised performance, operability, and portability, the Pentax KP’s body is compact and slim. It’s constructed from lightweight magnesium alloy, with 67 sealing parts applied across the body that ensure it is dustproof, weather-resistant, and coldproof down to -10°. It can be carried comfortably and effortlessly, and performs reliably in demanding settings.
The Pentax KP provides a grip replacement system to accommodate for individual photographer’s shooting styles, or particular mounted lenses. In addition to the standard Grip S, it offers a choice of two replacement grips (Grip M and Grip L).
There are also customisation functions for simplifying and enhancing camera operation, including: Smart Function for speedy selection and easy setting of desired camera functions using the Fx (Function) and setting dials; and control panel customization to change the panel’s layout to suit the photographer’s preference.
Pentax-Original SR II Five-Axis Shake-Reduction System
Thanks to the built-in SR II shake-reduction mechanism, the PENTAX KP effectively minimizes camera shake and delivers sharp, blur-free images, even in camera-shake-prone conditions. this five-axis mechanism also compensates for camera shake caused by horizontal and vertical shift (often generated in macro photography) and camera shake caused by roll. It assures a compensation effect of approximately five shutter steps.
Pixel Shift Resolution System
The Pixel Shift Resolution System captures four images of the same scene by shifting the image sensor by a single pixel for each image, and then synthesizes them into a single composite image. This innovative system obtains all colour data in each pixel to deliver super-high-resolution images with far more truthful colours and much finer details than those produced by conventional APS-C-sized image sensors.
Anti-Aliasing Filter Simulator
By applying microscopic vibrations to the image sensor unit at the sub-pixel level during image exposure, the PENTAX KP’s AA (anti-aliasing) filter simulator provides the same level of moiré reduction as an optical AA filter. This function works more effectively with a shutter speed of 1/1000 second or slower, and may not be compatible with some shooting modes, including the Pixel Shift Resolution System.
Electronically Controlled Shutter Unit
Combining a reliable mechanical shutter mechanism with an electronically controlled shutter mechanism, the Pentax KP’s shutter unit provides a super-high shutter speed of 1/24000 second with reduced noise and vibration at shutter release, making it ideal for low-noise, low-vibration shooting in Live-view and mirror-up applications.
Within its compact body, the PENTAX KP incorporates a glass prism finder featuring the same optics and coatings as those used in higher-class models. With a nearly 100-percent field of view and magnification of approximately 0.95 times, it provides a wide, bright image field for easy focusing and framing.
High-Speed 27-Point Autofocus System
The high-speed SAFOX 11 phase-matching AF sensor module delivers dependable, responsive autofocus operation. 25 of the focus sensors are cross-type sensors positioned in the middle to assure pinpoint focus on the subject at a minimum brightness level of -3 EV.
A completely new, much-improved algorithm assures better autofocusing accuracy and speed than models equipped with the conventional SAFOX 11 module. The camera also provides useful customization features to assist in autofocus operation, such as a choice of operation modes — focus-priority, release-priority or advance-speed-priority — and the Selected-area Expansion function to automatically refocus on a subject when it moves away from the initial point.
Full HD Movie Recording
The Pentax KP is able to capture flawless, high-resolution Full HD movie clips (1920x1080 pixels at 60i/30p frame rate) in the H-264 recording format. An external microphone terminal is available to allow users to manually set the audio recording level and monitor the sound pressure level.
The camera also features a 4K Interval Movie mode which connects a series of 4K-resolution still images (3840 x 2160 pixels) at a fixed interval to create a single movie file.
Vertical-Tilt LCD Monitor
The PENTAX KP’s 3.0-inch LCD monitor has approximately 921,000 dots, and provides a vertical tilt function to facilitate high- and low-angle shooting. Its air-gapless construction reduces the reflection and dispersion of light for improved visibility during outdoor shooting, and it comes equipped with Outdoor View Setting mode and a red-lighted monitor display function for dark locations.
Pentax Real-Time Scene Analysis System
Supported by the combination of the approximately 86,000-pixel RGB light-metering sensor and the high-performance PRIME IV imaging engine, the PENTAX Real-time Scene Analysis System accurately and efficiently analyses such factors as a brightness distribution in the image field and the subject’s primary colour and motion. By adopting a breakthrough artificial intelligence technology called deep learning to its image detection algorithm, this system assesses each individual scene more accurately while selecting the most appropriate exposure level and finishing touch for a given scene.
- Switching lever to activate various settings during still-image and Live-view shooting and movie recording
- New Motion Bracketing and Depth-of-field Bracketing functions to capture three images of same scene by automatically shifting aperture and/or shutter-speed settings in user-selected steps.
- Wireless LAN connection to support operation with smartphones and tablet computers
- DR II(Dust Removal II) mechanism to shake dust off from the image sensor surface using ultrasonic vibrations
- Clarity control and Skin Tone correction functions, two of the latest image processing technologies developed by RICOH Central Laboratory
- Compatibility with the optional O-GPS1 GPS Unit for the recording of shooting position data and simplified astronomical photography
- A selection of imaging tools, such as Custom Images, Digital Filters
- Compatibility with the optional PENTAX IMAGE Transmitter 2 tethering software
Pentax KP Digital SLR Camera Body Product Video:
Pentax KP | Hands-on Review
Back to top
Spread the Cost
Spread the cost of this item over 12 months. With a 0% finance, no deposit and monthly repayments by direct debit this option is simple to manage. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||11 x £79.08
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
How does it work?
Where a qualifying product is added to your basket, the full value of your basket, including any accessories purchases, will be eligible for interest free credit. This is subject to the value of the additional products not exceeding the value of the qualifying product. No deposit is required and payments will be collected by direct debit in monthly instalments, the first instalment being collected 30 days after shipment of the product.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.