Sigma’s 10-18mm f2.8 AF DC DN Contemporary Lens for Sony E is a small, mighty, ultra-wide-angle zoom lens for mirrorless APS-C cameras. Despite its compact size, the lens delivers high-quality images with a premium construction of 13 elements in 10 groups, including a unique aspherical element. The durable and versatile lens is suited to travel photography, landscapes, and on-the-go creators.
Sigma 10-18mm f2.8 AF DC DN Contemporary Lens for Sony E Key Features:
- World’s smallest and lightest ultra-wide-angle APS-C zoom lens*
- New addition to Sigma’s line of lenses for APS-C mirrorless cameras
- Suitable for landscapes, travel, and online content creation
- Premium construction featuring 13 elements in 10 groups
- Includes 3 FLD, 1 SLD, and 4 aspherical lens elements
- Unique aspherical element reduces size and enhances image quality
- Constant f2.8 aperture for excellent depth of field control
- 7-blade aperture diaphragm creates a rounded bokeh effect
- Minimum focusing distance of 11.6 cm for impressive close-ups
- Ultra-wide-angle enables a consistently expansive angle of view
- Maximum magnification ratio of 1:4 is ideal for portraits and still life
- Compatible with high-speed autofocus, DMF, and AF+MF in cameras
- Works with on-camera electronic I.S. and aberration correction functions
- Optimised for video with focus breathing suppression
- Fast and quiet stepping motor delivers precise AF for photo and video
- Super Multi-Layer Coating suppresses ghosting and flaring
- Includes newly developed and easy-to-use push-on petal-type hood
- Take it anywhere with a durable dust and splash-resistant structure
- Quality assured thanks to Sigma’s proprietary MTF measuring system
*As an AF F2.8 zoom lens for mirrorless cameras with an APS-C sensor as of October 2023 by Sigma
Expanded Sigma 10-18mm f2.8 AF DC DN Contemporary Lens for Sony E Key Features:
Sigma’s new 10-18mm f2.8 AF DC DN Contemporary Lens designed for mirrorless APS-C cameras delivers incredible results thanks to its premium construction of 13 elements in 10 groups. A unique aspherical lens with large eccentricity and refractive index that helps correct aberrations combines with 3 ‘F’ low dispersion, 1 special low dispersion, and 4 aspherical elements for high-resolution images in a lightweight, compact body. A Super Multi-Layer coating on the lens suppresses ghosting and flaring for sharper images, even in backlit conditions.
Outstanding Image Quality
With this ultra-wide-angle lens, impressive photographic results are always within reach. The large angle of view of 109.7° helps capture sweeping landscapes and lends itself to travel or street photography. The bright f2.8 aperture performs well in low-light environments and enables unique effects with a shallow depth of field. Achieve stunning close-ups and creative compositions with a minimum focusing distance of 11.6 cm. Let smaller subjects fill the frame with a magnification ratio of 1:4, ideal for portraits, still life, and more.
The lens is also compatible with in-camera functions to elevate your shoots. It supports electronic image stabilisation, aberration correction, DMF, and AF+MF functions in camera bodies for smooth images and videos that are always in focus. The lens also supports AF assist, an exclusive to the Sony E-Mount. When a camera’s E.I.S. function crops your shot, it can provide an increased angle of view. These functions are limited to compatible cameras only.
Optimised for Video
The 10-18mm f2.8 AF DC DN Contemporary Lens is an excellent tool to assist videographers and content creators in producing professional-quality video. The ultra-wide angle-of-view and bright f2.8 aperture are ideal for capturing the whole scene and filming in various lighting conditions, including in low light. The lens has an inner focus system for increased stability and minimises focus breathing for smooth transitions between subjects that keep your scenes sharp. A fast, quiet stepping motor makes rapid autofocus more natural and is fully compatible with in-camera tracking modes for the best results. With the option to switch between linear and non-linear focus ring settings with the L-Mount, the lens enables versatile control while filming. The lightweight lens can be easily attached to an APS-C camera and worked into any video setup, including with a gimbal or tripod for handheld shooting or vlogging.
Lightweight, Compact Design
The Sigma 10-18mm f2.8 AF DC DN Contemporary Lens for L-Mount features a compact, durable build ideal for on-the-go creators. As one of the lightest and smallest ultra-wide-angle zoom lenses for APS-C mirrorless cameras to date, weighing just 255g, you can easily incorporate it into a portable photography or video setup. You can shoot anywhere worry-free, thanks to rubber sealing on the high-precision brass bayonet mount for dust and splash resistance.
The lens comes with a newly developed push-on petal-type hood. While a typical bayonet hood attaches to the lens with a rotating movement, this new lens hood attaches with a spring and lever system. The design reduces the hood’s size and thickness for a better fit on the compact lens.
What’s in the box?
- 1 x Sigma 10-18mm f2.8 AF DC DN Contemporary Lens for Sony E
- 1 x Petal Type Hood (LH706-02)
- 1 x Front Cap LCF-67 III
- 1 x Rear Cap LCR II (Sony E-Mount)
What is the 35mm equivalent of the Sigma 10-18mm f2.8 AF DC DN Contemporary Lens for Sony E?
The 35mm equivalent of the 10-18mm f2.8 AF DC DN Contemporary Lens is a 15-27mm effective focal range.
Is the Sigma 10-18mm f2.8 AF DC DN Contemporary Lens for Sony E compatible with filters?
The 10-18mm f2.8 AF DC DN Contemporary Lens is compatible with 67mm filters, which enables users to achieve various creative effects in their photography and videos.
How compact is the Sigma 10-18mm f2.8 AF DC DN Contemporary Lens for Sony E?
The 10-18mm f2.8 AF DC DN Contemporary Lens for Sony E weighs just 255g with a diameter of 72.2mm and a length of 64mm to create an incredibly compact and portable lens that will occupy minimal space in your bag and be a lightweight addition to your kit.
What is the difference between the petal-type lens hood included with the Sigma 10-18mm f2.8 AF DC DN Contemporary Lens for Sony E and a bayonet type?
With Sigma’s newly developed push-on petal-type hood, you attach the hood to the lens using a spring and lever system instead of the rotating movement commonly used with a bayonet-type hood. This new lens hood is also thinner, lighter, and better suited to more compact lenses.
Back to top