Designed specifically for mirrorless cameras, the Sigma 16mm f/1.4 Contemporary lens offers image clarity that rivals Sigma’s premium ‘Art’ range. A bright aperture of just f/1.4 makes shooting in low-light a breeze, while also offering greater depth-of-field control. This version of the lens is for mirrorless cameras with Micro Four Thirds sensors, such as the Panasonic GH4 and GH5.
Key Features: Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens
Back to top
- Designed for mirrorless cameras: Sigma have designed the 16mm f/1.4 with mirrorless users in mind. The Micro Four Thirds version is ideal for cameras such as the Panasonic Lumix GH5 and GH5, while the Sony E mount version is ideal for Sony cameras such as the A6500 or the A7 series (in crop sensor mode)
- Art series quality – Contemporary series price: Sigma’s Contemporary series contains their most affordable lenses, however this doesn’t mean that quality is sacrificed. Sigma are so confidence in the performance of the 16mm f/1.4 Contemporary that they say it rivals that of their premium ‘Art’ series
- Ultra-wide aperture: The 16mm Contemporary boasts a wide aperture of f/1.4, making it ideal for shooting in low-light conditions, while also giving the user greater control over depth-of-field in their image
- Smooth autofocus: An internal stepping motor ensures smooth autofocus performance which makes it suitable for shooting video
- Ideal for cropped sensor mirrorless cameras: The Sigma 16mm f/1.4 Contemporary Lens comes in both Micro Four Thirds and Sony E mount variants. The MFT version is ideal for mirrorless cameras such as Panasonic’s GH series (GH4 & GH5) while the Sony E mount version was designed with cameras such as the Sony A6500, or A7 full-frame models (when used it cropped sensor mode)
- Dust and splash-proof: A special sealing around the lens protects it against the elements, meaning you don’t have to stop shooting as soon as a little drizzle comes your way
Back to top
|Filter Thread Size (mm)
|Focal Length – Tele (mm)
|Focal Length – Wide (mm)
||PETAL TYPE LENS HOOD LH716-01 (supplied)
||FRONT CAP LCF III 67mm, REAR CAP LCR II (supplied), PETAL TYPE LENS HOOD LH716-01
||Micro Four Thirds
|Maximum Aperture – Wide
|Number of Lens Elements
|Number of Lens Groups
||(diameter x length): f72.2mm×92.3mm
Angle of view (degrees)
Minimum Focus Distance (m)
Buy Now Pay Later
With our no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £15.62
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.