The Sony ECM-673 is a short shotgun electret condenser-type microphone which delivers excellent sound performance in field and studio production applications. This microphone is tailored for use with HDV-type camcorders.
Key Features: Sony ECM-673 Electret Condenser Short Shotgun Microphone
- Superb sound quality
The ECM-673 offers an excellent sensitivity of -36 dB (0 dB=1 V/Pa) and a low inherent-noise level of less than 17 dB SPL. This allows the microphone to be used for clear voice pickup, even in noisy working environments.
- Flat-and-wide frequency response
The ECM-673 microphone has a flat-and-wide frequency response (40 Hz to 20 kHz) and delivers extremely smooth and natural sound reproduction.
- Compact and lightweight design
The ECM-673 has been designed as a highly directional, compact, and lightweight short shotgun microphone. It measures only 200 mm (7 7/8 inches) in length, and weighs just 135 g (4.76 oz), maintaining good balance even when mounted on compact camcorders.
- High durability and reliability
The vibration-resistant mechanism of the ECM-673 offers high durability and reliability, making it suitable for the harsh environments that can be encountered in field sound-acquisition
- Built-in low-cut filter
The built-in two-position (M, V) low-cut switch on the ECM-673 provides a simple method of reducing the effects of unwanted ambient noise.
- Capsule Type: Mono electret condenser
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz to 20 kHz
- Directivity: Uni-directional (super-cardioid)
- Sensitivity *(1): -36 dB ±3 dB
- Output Impedance *(2): 220O±20%, Balanced
- Dynamic Range: 107 dB or more
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio *(3): 77 dB or more
- Inherent Noise *(4): 17 dB SPL or less
- Induction Noise From External Magnetic Field *(5): 0 dB SPL or less
- Wind Noise *(6):
- 50 dB SPL (without windscreen)
- 45 dB SPL or less (with windscreen)
- Maximum Input Sound Pressure Level *(7): 124 dB SPL
- Connector: XLR-3-12C (male)
- Mic Cable:
- XLR-3 to XLR-3
- 500 mm (19.7”)
- Power Requirements: External, DC 40 V to 52 V
- Dimensions *(8): f20 x 200 mm (f0.8 x 7.9”)
- Weight: Approx. 135 g (Approx. 4.8 oz)
- Supplied Accessories:
- Windscreen (1)
- Stand adaptor (2)
- Short LR cable (for camcorder use) (1)
- Operating instructions (1)
- Mic spacer (2)
- Mic holder (1)
Back to top
*(1) 0 dB = 1 V/Pa, at 1 kHz
*(2) Output impedance at 1 kHz
*(3) A-weighted, 1 kHz, 1 Pa.
*(4) 0dB SPL = 20? Pa.
*(5) dB SPL/1E-7 T, 0 dB SPL = 20? Pa.
*(6) Wind noise at 2m/s (0 dB SPL = 20?Pa.)
*(8) The values for dimensions are approximate.
Buy Now Pay Later
With our no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £13.15
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
The approval of your application depends on your financial circumstances and borrowing history. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.