The Sony ECM-673 is a short shotgun electret condenser-type microphone which delivers excellent sound performance in field and studio production applications. This microphone is tailored for use with HDV-type camcorders.
Key Features: Sony ECM-673 Electret Condenser Short Shotgun Microphone
- Superb sound quality
The ECM-673 offers an excellent sensitivity of -36 dB (0 dB=1 V/Pa) and a low inherent-noise level of less than 17 dB SPL. This allows the microphone to be used for clear voice pickup, even in noisy working environments.
- Flat-and-wide frequency response
The ECM-673 microphone has a flat-and-wide frequency response (40 Hz to 20 kHz) and delivers extremely smooth and natural sound reproduction.
- Compact and lightweight design
The ECM-673 has been designed as a highly directional, compact, and lightweight short shotgun microphone. It measures only 200 mm (7 7/8 inches) in length, and weighs just 135 g (4.76 oz), maintaining good balance even when mounted on compact camcorders.
- High durability and reliability
The vibration-resistant mechanism of the ECM-673 offers high durability and reliability, making it suitable for the harsh environments that can be encountered in field sound-acquisition
- Built-in low-cut filter
The built-in two-position (M, V) low-cut switch on the ECM-673 provides a simple method of reducing the effects of unwanted ambient noise.
- Capsule Type: Mono electret condenser
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz to 20 kHz
- Directivity: Uni-directional (super-cardioid)
- Sensitivity *(1): -36 dB ±3 dB
- Output Impedance *(2): 220O±20%, Balanced
- Dynamic Range: 107 dB or more
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio *(3): 77 dB or more
- Inherent Noise *(4): 17 dB SPL or less
- Induction Noise From External Magnetic Field *(5): 0 dB SPL or less
- Wind Noise *(6):
- 50 dB SPL (without windscreen)
- 45 dB SPL or less (with windscreen)
- Maximum Input Sound Pressure Level *(7): 124 dB SPL
- Connector: XLR-3-12C (male)
- Mic Cable:
- XLR-3 to XLR-3
- 500 mm (19.7”)
- Power Requirements: External, DC 40 V to 52 V
- Dimensions *(8): f20 x 200 mm (f0.8 x 7.9”)
- Weight: Approx. 135 g (Approx. 4.8 oz)
- Supplied Accessories:
- Windscreen (1)
- Stand adaptor (2)
- Short LR cable (for camcorder use) (1)
- Operating instructions (1)
- Mic spacer (2)
- Mic holder (1)
Back to top
*(1) 0 dB = 1 V/Pa, at 1 kHz
*(2) Output impedance at 1 kHz
*(3) A-weighted, 1 kHz, 1 Pa.
*(4) 0dB SPL = 20? Pa.
*(5) dB SPL/1E-7 T, 0 dB SPL = 20? Pa.
*(6) Wind noise at 2m/s (0 dB SPL = 20?Pa.)
*(8) The values for dimensions are approximate.