Sony’s FDR-AX700 Handycam boasts internal 4K (UHD) High Dynamic Range recording, and up to 120p slow motion recording in Full HD. Capture a wide range of tonal detail with Sony’s coveted S-Log2 & 3 picture profiles, and view them on a high-resolution 3.5-type LCD screen. You can also tap on the screen for fast, precise autofocus, thanks to all 273 phase-detection autofocus points.
Key Features: Sony FDR-AX700 Handycam
- Fast, hybrid autofocus: The FDR-AX700 boasts 273 phase-detection autofocus points, covering 84% of the frame. The new AF algorithm enables autofocus with improved speed, precision, and flexibility
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) recording: The Hybrid Gamma Log picture profile allows the camera to record an HDR image without the need for any extra post-processing
- Designed for advanced movie production: Featuring a high-resolution OLED Tru-Finder™ for high contrast, accurate colour and visibility in sunlight, plus a sharp LCD 3.5-type Extra Fine touch LCD that allows the user to autofocus by tapping the screen. Dual memory card slots enable either concurrent recording, so you’ve always got a backup, or you can fill 1 card before moving onto the next. The FDR-AX700 also has built in ND filters at ND4, ND16, ND64, as well as the option for full manual operation
- Slow motion: Capture a Full HD image up to 120 frames per second for approximately 20% slow motion. There is also the option to capture up to 1000fps without audio in a resolution below 1080p
Sony FDR-AX700 Handycam
For more detailed specifications you can view Sony’s sheet here.
Back to top
- Type: 1.0-type stacked Exmor RS CMOS
- Effective pixels (video): Approx. 14.2MP (16:9)
- Processor: BIONZ X
- Lens type: Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T*
- Filter diameter: 62mm
- Focal length:29 – 348mm
- Minimum focus distance: 1cm (wide) – 1m (tele)
- Aperture: F/2.8-4.5
- ND filter: Interal – Off, ¼, 1/16, 1/64
- Optical zoom: 12x
- Digitalzoom: 192x
- Clear image zoom: 4K – 18x, HD – 24x
- Viewfinder type: 1.0cm OLED / Colour 2,359,296 dots equivalent
- Diopter adjustment: Yes
- Field of view: 100%
- Image stabilisation: Optical SteadyShot w/ Active mode
- Storage media: AVCHD,Still: Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark 2), Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Memory Stick XC-HG Duo, SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card(Class 4 or Higher), XAVC S 4K(100Mbps) : SDXC Memory Card(UHS-I U3), XAVC S 4K(60Mbps) : SDXC Memory Card(Class10 or Higher), XAVC S HD : SDXC Memory Card(Class10 or Higher)
- Recording format: AVCHD format ver.2.0 compatible:MPEG4-AVC/H.264, XAVC S format: MPEG4-AVC/H264, XAVC S Proxy: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Resolution: (NTSC) XAVC S 4K: 3840 x 2160/30p, 24p XAVC S HD: 1920 x 1080/120p, 60p, 30p, 24p AVCHD: 1920 x 1080/60i (FX, FH), 1440 x 1080/60i (LP) XAVC S Proxy: 1280 x 720/60p, 30p, 24p, 640 x 360 60p, 30p, 24p (PAL) XAVC S 4K: 3840 x 2160/25p XAVC S HD: 1920 x 1080/100p, 50p, 25p AVCHD: 1920 x 1080/50i (FX, FH), 1440 x 1080/50i (LP) XAVC S Proxy: 1280×720/50p,25p, 640×360/50p,25p
- Slow and Quick Motion: (NTST) Rec Format 4K: 30p, 24p/HD: 60p, 30p, 24p Frame Rate 4K: 1fps, 2fps, 4fps, 8fps,15fps, 30fps Frame Rate HD: 1fps, 2fps, 4fps, 8fps,15fps, 30fps, 60fps,120fps (PAL) Rec Format 4K:25p/HD:50p,25p Frame Rate 4K:1fps,2fps,3fps,6fps,12fps,25fps/ HD:1fps,2fps,3fps,6fps,12fps,25fps,50fps,100fps
- Super Slow Motion: (NTSC) Rec Format HD: 60p, 30p, 24p Frame Rate HD: 240fps, 480fps, 960fps (PAL) Rec Format HD:50p,25p Frame Rate HD:250fps,500fps,1000fps
- Video recording rate:XAVC S 4K : Approx.100Mbps, 60Mbps, XAVC S HD: Approx.100Mbps (1920 x 1080/120p,100p), 60Mbps (1920 x 1080/120p,100p), 50Mbps, 25Mbps, 16Mbps/ AVCHD FX: Approx. 24Mbps, FH: Approx.17Mbps, LP: Approx. 5Mbps45, XAVC S Proxy: Approx.9Mbps (1280×720)/Approx.3Mbps (640×360)
- Proxy recording: Yes
- Microphone: Built-in
- Audio recording format: Dolby Digital 2ch Stereo, Dolby Digital Stereo Creator, MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch, MPEG-4 Linear PCM 2ch(48kHz/16bit)
- Microphone level control: Yes (31 steps)
Back to top
||Rechargeable Battery Pack(NP-FV70A), AC Adaptor, Power Cord, Operating Guide, Battery, Lens Hood, Lens Cap, Large Eyecup
Optical zoom (x)
||AVCHD,Still: Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark 2), Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Memory Stick XC-HG Duo, SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card(Class 4 or Higher), XAVC S 4K(100Mbps) : SDXC Memory Card(UHS-I U3), XAVC S 4K(60Mbps) : SDXC Memory Card(Class10 or Higher), XAVC S HD : SDXC Memory Card(Class10 or Higher)
||116 × 89.5 × 196.5 mm
Buy Now Pay Later
With the no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Call us to place your order and you can also make a partial payment, the interest charged will be based on the remaining balance. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £66.51
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
The approval of your application depends on your financial circumstances and borrowing history. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan. You will also receive reminder letters and text at the end of the deferral period to remind you when your first payment is due.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.