Sony’s FE 16-35mm f2.8 G Master is the first wide-angle G Master lens, ideal for a range of situations including landscape, portraiture, and general action. It is exceptionally lightweight and compact with excellent corner-to-corner sharpness and resolution throughout its entire zoom and aperture ranges.
Key Features: Sony FE 16-35mm f2.8 G Master Lens
- 2 x glass XA elements (extreme aspherical), 3 Aspherical and 2 ED glass (extra low dispersion) that minimize chromatic aberration and effectively control distortion
- An 11-blade circular aperture and 2 XA elements achieve smooth, beautiful bokeh as well as ultra-high resolution unique to G master lenses
- Direct Drive SSM (DDSSM) unit ensures precise, fast, quiet autofocus, with a dust and moisture resistant construction
- Nano AR Coating cuts reflections for improved clarity and contrast
- A focus hold button, manual focus ring, and AF/MF switch provide extra on-lens control for smooth, efficient operation in a wide range of situations
The front XA (eXtreme Aspherical) element on this lens is the largest ever produced and works alongside 2 x ED (Extra-low Dispersion) elements to minimise aberration and maximise resolution. Contrast and clarity are ensured by Sony’s reflection-suppressing Nano AR coating.
Focussed on beauty
An 11-bladed aperture design maintains a near-circular aperture shape at all settings to produce sharply focussed subjects with as much ease as it produces pleasingly defocussed backgrounds.
Ready to work hard
The lens body is dust and moisture resistant, while the front lens has a dust- and grease-repellent fluorine coating to make cleaning easy.
Back to top
- MOUNT: Sony E-mount
- FORMAT: 35mm full frame
- FOCAL-LENGTH (MM): 16-35
- 35MM EQUIVALENT FOCAL-LENGTH (APS-C): 24-52.5
- LENS GROUPS / ELEMENTS: 13-16
- ANGLE OF VIEW (35MM): 107?-63?
- ANGLE OF VIEW (APS-C): 83°-44°
- MAXIMUM APERTURE (F): 2.8
- MINIMUM APERTURE (F): 22
- APERTURE BLADES: 11
- CIRCULAR APERTURE: Yes
- MINIMUM FOCUS DISTANCE: 0.28m (0.92 ft)
- MAXIMUM MAGNIFICATION RATIO (X): 0.19
- FILTER DIAMETER (MM): 82
- MAGE STABILIZATION (STEADYSHOT): (body-integrated)
- ZOOM SYSTEM: Manual
- HOOD TYPE: Petal shape, bayonet type
- DIMENSIONS (W x H x D): 88.5 x 121.6mm (3-1/2 x 4-7/8 in.)
- WEIGHT: 680g (24 oz.)
Back to top
|Filter Thread Size (mm)
|Focal Length – Tele (mm)
|Focal Length – Wide (mm)
|Maximum Aperture – Tele
|Maximum Aperture – Wide
|Number of Lens Elements
|Number of Lens Groups
||89 x 122
Minimum Focus Distance (m)
Buy Now Pay Later
With our no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £86.09
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.