Introducing the Sony FE 600mm f/4 Master OSS Lens – a high-class telephoto prime designed to work with Sony's full-frame range of CSCs. The lens is the lightest of its focal length on the market, while its 24 glass elements are weighted towards the lens mount for greater balance and stability. Optically the 600mm f/4 OSS is impressive, as you'd expect from a Sony Master lens, and a new image stabilisation mode makes tracking subjects smoother than ever.
- Built to Sony's Master level quality: Sony's Master series lenses are some of the highest quality on the market. The 600mm f/4 OSS is every bit as deserving of that name as the hugely popular 400mm f/2.8, which has become a staple of sports and wildlife photographers
- Impressively weighted – Beautifully Balanced: 600mm lenses are, by their nature, large pieces of equipment. However Sony have been able to shed some of that weight from this lens, making it the lightest 600mm lens on the market. They've also designed the lens so the bulk of the 24 glass elements are positioned as close to the lens mount as possible, offering unparalleled balance
- Made to last: Given that 600mm lenses are almost exclusively used in outdoor environments, it is important that they can handle whatever is thrown at them. This lens is moisture-resistant, dust-resistant, and features a fluorine coating on the front glass element, which should also minimise watermarks
- Smooth, frictionless autofocus: Driven by dual Extreme Dynamic (XD) linear motors and an updated algorithm, the 600mm f/4 OSS boasts impressive AF performance – especially when paired with the Sony A9 or A7R III. The motors are also suspended within the lens, guaranteeing a frictionless and smooth AF performance
- Smooth bokeh: The lens contains 11 circular aperture blades, ensuring the highest quality and smoothest bokeh in the out-of-focus areas
- A new lens with a familiar feel: Externally, the lens is strikingly similar to Sony's popular 400mm f/2.8 GM OSS lens, with the same control buttons and switches in the same place
- Compatible with Sony's teleconverters: If a 600mm focal range isn't long enough for you, users can pair the lens with Sony's 1.4x and 2x teleconverters, offering a new focal range of up to 1200mm with an minimum aperture of f/8
Sony announces duo of FE super-telephoto lenses | UK retailer EXCLUSIVE hands-on
Advanced features support professional needs
When the FULL TIME DMF switch is ON, manual focus is automatically engaged when the focus ring is operated, even in the AF-C mode. Built in Optical SteadyShot image Stabilisation includes MODE 2 for panned shots, and MODE 3 for dynamic sports or wildlife action. MODE 3 also provides a more stable viewfinder image for easier framing.
Flare resistant for superior clarity
Sony’s original Nano AR Coating, flocking on critical interior surfaces, and other design refinements minimise internal reflections so that the lens is highly resistant to flare and ghosting that can degrade image clarity. Rendering is crisp and clear even in difficult light. (1. Nano AR coating / 2. Glass / 3. Transmitted light).
Back to top
Back to top
|Focal Length – Tele (mm)
|Focal Length – Wide (mm)
||Hood ALC-SH158, Lens front cap, Lens rear cap ALC-R1EM, Hard case, Lens strap, case strap
|Maximum Aperture – Tele
|Maximum Aperture – Wide
|Number of Lens Elements
|Number of Lens Groups
||163.6 x 449 mm
Minimum Focus Distance (m)
Buy Now Pay Later
With our no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £469.73
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.