Add a professional polish to corporate video and events production with the Sony HXR-NX80 camcorder. Record 4K at 100Mbps or Full HD at 50Mbps in XAVC S at 50Mbps for stunning picture quality plus exceptional workflow flexibility and storage efficiency. Fast Hybrid AF locks on to dynamic action with impressive sharpness. Instant HDR workflow increases the value of your content.
Key Features: Sony HXR-NX80 NXCAM Camcorder
- Fast Hybrid AF with maximum 273 face-detection AF points for precision, high-speed auto-focus performance
- Instant HDR workflow with HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma)
- S-Gamut3/S-Log3 recording, Picture Profile, Proxy Recording
- 1.0-type stacked Exmor RS CMOS sensor and enhanced BIONZ X processor with front-end LSI
- 29 mm ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* lens with 12x optical zoom/18x(4K)/24x (HD) Clear Image Zoom
- Bright, high resolution 2,359k dot OLED viewfinder, 3.5-type Xtra Fine LCD
- Super Slow Motion / Slow & Quick Motion at up to 960fps / 1000 fps and Slow & Quick Motion recording up to 120fps/100fps
- Dual card slots, built-in ND filters (ND4, ND16, ND64, Clear) and pro-style menu functions
The HXR-NX80 is the first professional palm-sized camcorder to deliver stunning 4K High Dynamic Range (HDR) content with Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) file-based workflows. S-Log3 is also supported, enabling you to create beautiful imagery with a wide colour gamut and colour range.
It delivers imaging performance previously impossible for a compact camcorder. A large 14.2-megapixel (effective) 1.0-type stacked CMOS image sensor delivers beautiful background bokeh defocus effects and superior sensitivity for capturing high-quality images with less noise, even under dark or bright conditions. This sensor integrates up to 273 phase-detection AF points that densely cover approx. 84% of the image area, for precise tracking of subjects throughout the shooting frame.
The sensor also gives you low noise and less blur because more light reaches the sensor, offering clear and steady pictures even in a dark scene with minimum illumination 1.7 lux.
As the expanding need for HDR content continues, internet video platforms and professionals producing corporate or event content are paying more attention to the added value of HDR. They need to deliver content quickly, without compromising on imaging expression and quality of content. To meet this demand, the HXR-NX80 offers Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) recording, in addition to S-Log3, for easy file-based workflows, whilst achieving the image quality of HDR. This simple workflow enables the shooting, editing and viewing of HDR content in HLG, without devoting a lot of time to post-production work and additional colour grading.
The HXR-NX80 comes with 2.4GHz Wi-Fi as standard – simply turn on and log onto your preferred network to enable a host of advanced wireless production features such as Ustream Direct Streaming which allows you to share scenes as they happen with high quality picture and sound without a switcher.
Included in your purchase
- 1 x Sony HXR-NX80 Camcorder
- 1 x AC Adaptor (AC-L200D)
- 1 x Power code
- 1 x RMT-845 (Remote)
- 1 x Large eyecup
- 1 x Lens hood
- 1 x Lens cap
- 1 x Accessory shoe kit
- 1 x XLR handle unit
- 1 x USB cable
- 1 x NP-FV70A Battery
- 1 x Manual CDROM
- 1 x Manual paper
Back to top
- With lens hood and eyecup: 955 g
- With lens hood, handle, eyecup, NP-FV70A battery: 1.32 kg
- Dimensions (W x H x D):
- 121.0 mm x 104.0 mm x 274.5mm (With the accessories (lens hood, large eyecup), excluding grip belt and including projecting parts)
- 130.0 mm x 181.5 mm x 287.0 mm (With the accessories (lens hood, large eyecup, XLR handle unit) , excluding the grip belt and including the projecting parts)
- Power Requirements
- DC In: 8.4V
- Battery: 7.4V
- Power Consumption
- Approx. 5.7 W (while recording with viewfinder and XAVC S 4K 2160/30p 60Mbps)
- Approx. 6.1 W (while recording with LCD and XAVC S 4K 2160/30p 60Mbps)
- Battery Operating Time
- Approx. 155min. with NP-FV70A battery (while recording with LCD, XAVCS 4K 2160/30p, 60Mbps)
- Approx. 265 min. with NP-FV70A battery (while playing with LCD, XAVCS 4K 2160/30p, 60Mbps)
- Recording Format (Video)
- XAVC S 4K : MPEG-4 AVC/
- H.264 4:2:0 Long profile
- XAVC S HD : MPEG-4 AVC/
- H.264 4:2:0 Long profile
- XAVC S Proxy: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 4:2:0 Long profile
- AVCHD : MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 AVCHD 2.0 format compatible
- Recording Format (Audio)
- XAVC S 4K : Linear PCM 2ch 16bit, 48kHz
- XAVC S HD : Linear PCM 2ch, 16bit, 48kHz
- XAVC S Proxy : Linear PCM 2ch, 16bit, 48kHz
- AVCHD : Linear PCM 2ch, 16bit, 48kHz / Dolby Digital 2ch, 16bit, 48kHz
- Recording Frame Rate
- XAVC S 4K (3840 x 2160) @29.97p, 25p, 23.98p 100Mbps/60Mbps
- XAVC S HD (1920 x 1080) @120p, 100p 100Mbps/60Mbps
- XAVC S HD (1920 x 1080) @59.94p, 50p 50/25Mbps
- XAVC S HD (1920 x 1080) @29.97p, 25p 50/16Mbps
- XAVC S HD (1920 x 1080) @23.98p 50Mbps
- XAVC S Proxy (1280 x 720) @59.94p, 50p, 29.97p, 25p, 23.98p 9Mbps
- XAVC S Proxy (1280 x 720) @59.94p, 50p, 29.97p, 25p, 23.98p 3Mbps
- AVCHD (1920 x 1080)@59.94p, 50p, PS mode (28 Mbps)
- AVCHD (1920 x 1080) @59.94i/50i FX mode (24 Mbps) FH mode (17 Mbps)
- AVCHD (1920 x 1080) @29.97p/25p/23.98p, FX mode (24 Mbps)
- AVCHD (1440 x 1080) @59.94i, 50i LP mode (5Mbps)
- AVCHD (1280 x 720) @59.94p, 50p, HQ mode (9 Mbps)
- Zoom Ratio: 12x (optical), servo
- Focal Length
- f=9.3 - 111.6mm
- equivalent to f=29.0 - 348.0mm on 35 mm lens(16:9)
- equivalent to f=32.8 - 393.6mm on 35 mm lens (3:2)
- F2.8 - F4.5
- auto/manual selectable
- Slow & Quick Motion Function
- (60i):2160p:Frame rate selectable 1,2,4,8,15,30fps
- (50i):2160p:Frame rate selectable 1,2,3,6,12,25fps
- (60i):1080p:Frame rate selectable 1,2,4,8,15,30,60,120fps
- (50i):1080p:Frame rate selectable 1,2,3,6,12,25,50,100fps
- Super Slow Motion
- (60i)1080p: Frame rate selectable 240, 480, 960fps
- (50i):1080p: Frame rate selectable 250, 500, 1000fps
Back to top
||Approx. 155min. with NP-FV70A battery
||Stereo mini jack (x1)
||XLR handle unit, Lens Hood, Lens Cap, Large Eyecup, Accessory Shoe Kit, USB Cable, Rechareable Battery Pack, AC Adaptor, Power Cord, Wirless Remote Commander, Operating Guide
Optical zoom (x)
||Memory Stick Pro Duo and SD/SDHC/SDXC
||130.0 x 181.5 x 287.0 mm
Buy Now Pay Later
With the no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Call us to place your order and you can also make a partial payment, the interest charged will be based on the remaining balance. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £86.09
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
The approval of your application depends on your financial circumstances and borrowing history. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan. You will also receive reminder letters and text at the end of the deferral period to remind you when your first payment is due.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.