The Tamron 17-50mm f4 Di III VXD Lens for Sony E is a groundbreaking lens that covers a versatile zoom range from ultra-wide through standard focal lengths. The lens has a premium construction featuring 15 elements in 13 groups, a bright f4 aperture, and a versatile 17-50mm focal length. It produces sharp videos and stills with stunning bokeh, all in a durable build that lets you shoot anywhere.
Tamron 17-50mm f4 Di III VXD Lens for Sony E Key Features:
- World’s first lens covering zoom range from ultra-wide to standard focal lengths*
- Designed for Sony E-mount full-frame mirrorless cameras
- 17-50mm focal length for everything from portraits to landscapes
- Premium lens construction featuring 15 elements in 13 groups
- Includes 3 LD, 1 GM, and 2 hybrid aspherical lens elements
- Suppresses chromatic and other aberrations for sharp results
- Incredible depth of field control with wide-open, fast f4 aperture
- Maintains bright f4 aperture across the entire 17-50mm zoom range
- 9-blade aperture diaphragm creates a naturally circular bokeh effect
- Get closer with a minimum object distance of 0.19m (wide) and 0.3m (tele)
- Fill the frame with a maximum magnification of 1:4.6 (wide) and 1:3.8 (tele)
- Suitable for shooting high-quality video thanks to constant aperture
- Maintain framing with fixed barrel length and internal zoom mechanism
- Durable build with Moisture-Resistance Construction and Fluorine Coating
- BBAR-G2 Coating minimises reflections for less ghosting and flaring
- Compatible with Tamron Lens Utility software for updates/customisation
- Portable, compact, and lightweight design for shooting anywhere
*Among zoom lenses for Sony E-mount full-frame mirrorless cameras (as of August 2023)
Expanded Tamron 17-50mm f4 Di III VXD Lens for Sony E Key Features:
The premium construction of the Tamron 17-50mm f4 Di III VXD Lens for Sony E enables outstanding optical performance. With 15 elements in 13 groups, this lens features three low dispersion, one glass-moulded aspherical, and two hybrid aspherical elements, suppressing chromatic and other aberrations for clear, sharp images. The wide f4 aperture and 9-bladed diaphragm also capture stunning circular bokeh and incredible depth of field control to help you get creative shots in any lighting conditions. The lens also has a BBAR-G2 (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection Generation 2) Coating, minimising reflections to prevent ghosting and flaring for clear, sharp images.
Versatile Zoom Lens
As a groundbreaking lens that covers a versatile zoom range from ultra-wide through standard focal lengths, the Tamron 17-50mm f4 Di III VXD Lens for Sony E has a flexible design. There’s no need to switch lenses, allowing you to successfully take anything from landscape shots to portraits. For such a compact lens, it expands your options and provides excellent variation, making it a valuable addition to your kit. With a minimum focusing distance of 0.19m at the wide end and 0.3m at the tele end, it can also capture beautiful in-focus shots at close range.
Optimised for Video
Not only does this lens take incredible still images, but it is also optimised for shooting high-quality video. The constant f4 aperture allows you to maintain your desired depth of field regardless of how much the zoom is adjusted while filming so as not to disrupt the look of your scene. The fixed barrel length and internal zoom mechanism will ensure your framing remains the same while shooting stills and videos.
Outstanding Mobility and Handling
With a lightweight and compact design that enables comfortable handling, the Tamron 17-50mm f4 Di III VXD will seamlessly integrate into any photography or videography kit. Despite its impressive zoom range, the size of the lens ensures it remains well-balanced when attached to a Sony mirrorless camera body for safe and effective operation. The fixed length also makes it easy to balance with a video rig or gimbal and achieve the ideal setup for your desired results.
A durable construction makes this lens perfect for outdoor adventures alongside studio or indoor shoots. The Moisture Resistance Construction and Fluorine Coating on the front and rear surfaces of the lens protect it from the environment so that you can shoot anywhere.
Tamron Lens Utility Software
Compatibility with the Tamron Lens Utility Software allows you to get the most out of your Tamron 17-50mm f4 Di III VXD Lens for Sony E. After installing the program on a computer or compatible smartphone (Android OS), you can customise various lens functions or update the lens firmware. Examples of settings you can alter with Tamron Lens Utility are focus presets, focus ring function, switching between AF/MF, and A-B Focus. This software allows users to create a shooting experience tailored to their specific photography or videography needs.
What’s in the box?
- 1 x Tamron 17-50mm f4 Di III VXD Lens for Sony E
- 1 x Flower-Shaped Hood
- 1 x Lens Caps
What types of photography are suitable for the Tamron 17-50mm f4 Di III VXD Lens for Sony E?
The Tamron 17-50mm f4 Di III VXD Lens for Sony E is a versatile zoom lens ranging from ultra-wide through standard focal lengths. Thanks to this range, it is suitable for a wide range of photography, including dynamic landscapes, casual street photography, and portraits.
Does the Tamron 17-50mm f4 Di III VXD Lens for Sony E come with accessories?
The accessories included with this lens are a flower-shaped hood and two lens caps for the front and rear sides of the lens.
Is the Tamron 17-50mm f4 Di III VXD Lens for Sony E compatible with filters?
This lens is compatible with 67mm filters, enabling users to achieve various creative effects.
How compact is the Tamron 17-50mm f4 Di III VXD Lens for Sony E?
The Tamron 17-50mm f4 weighs just 460g and has a length of 114.4mm. The lightweight design makes it easy to balance in most setups with a Sony E-mount mirrorless camera, whether on a tripod, a video rig, or a gimbal.
Back to top