Tascam CA-XLR2d XLR Mic Adaptor is designed to help you achieve a higher quality sound recording than you can with your current camera. Available in Canon, Fujifilm and Analogue Interface formats, this unit allows for the use of high-quality microphones via its 2 XLR/TRS input terminals. Powered by the camera body, its A/D converter transmits digital audio directly & without deterioration.
Tascam CA-XLR2d XLR Mic Adaptor Key Features:
- Available for Canon, Fujifilm and Analogue Interfaces
- 2 XLR/TRS input terminals allow the use of premium microphones
- A/D converter transmits digital audio directly & without deterioration
- High-performance, professional-grade Tascam HDDA mic preamplifier
- High-quality audio capture with low noise & a wide dynamic range
- An additional 3.5-mm stereo mini-jack input for a lavalier mic
- A cold shoe mount on top enables use of extra adapters or accessories
- Analogue audio output that supports Camera and Headphone modes
- Input level, auto/manual setting & limiter of inputs 1/2 can be stereo-linked
- Switchable input level attenuation, limiter and switchable low-cut filter
- Auto-level function and an overload indicator for each input
- Transparent protective cover prevents accidental settings changes
- Powered by your camera body through the accessory shoe
Expanded Tascam CA-XLR2d XLR Mic Adaptor Key Features:
The Tascam CA-XLR2d XLR Mic Adaptor is designed specifically to offer flexible, professional-level audio recording. And, with the three options available to purchase, whether your camera’s hot shoe cannot handle a digital audio signal nor power the Tascam mic adapter, you’re all set to elevate your film to the next level. The unit is a two-channel microphone adapter and a preamplifier enables the use of external microphones. The recorded signal is transferred directly to the camera and recorded along with the video signal.
Clear, Natural Sound
While excellent sound comes from the microphone you choose to use, the Tascam CA-XLR2d has a crucial part in producing enhanced and beautifully natural audio. Tascam, well known for their audio enterprise, have implemented their advanced audio technology and high-performance A/D converters that enable the capture of clear and natural sound. This is achieved by the audio signal being sent directly to the camera by the compatible accessory shoe, without any conversion that could result in distortion. As a result of this, you will not need to synchronise the sound and video in your post-production editing process.
Again, this unit has been enhanced to optimise your audio recording. It features built-In audio processing such as auto-level, low-cut filter and limiter (accessible via its convenient switches). And, the unit allows you to link two input channels that in turn allow you to control the input gain as well as the LEVEL and LIMITER settings for both left and right channels whilst recording in stereo. Finally, further increasing sound quality is Tascam’s pro-grade electronics, 16-bit/24-bit resolution and sampling frequencies of 48 kHz or 96 kHz, all of which add to that incredible sound.
What’s in the box?
- 1 x Tascam CA-XLR2d Unit
- 1 x CA-AK1 Accessory Shoe Mount Adapter
- 1 x CA-AK1-AN Cold Shoe Mount Adapter
- 1 x 3.5-mm Stereo Mini-Jack Cable
- 1 x Battery Holder
- 1 x Mic holder (Attached)
- 1 x Quick Guide
- 1 x Warranty Card
Will my video and audio match up?
The audio recorded is transferred directly and recorded alongside the video. This reduces the need for synchronisation and post-production.
What microphone should I choose?
This is a choice that needs you to consider what type of recording you’re doing. A shotgun microphone is ideal for interviews or dialogue sequences. Or, you can use dual dynamic or condenser mics for stereo imaging. But rest assured, the Tascam CA-XLR2d is flexible enough to cater to a wide range of microphone options thanks to its top-mount cold shoe, two XLR/TRS input terminals and one 3.5-mm stereo mini input.
Back to top