The Westcott Ice Light 2 is the continual light source with a difference: A cordless, 1,740 Lumen LED tube; compact enough to conceal on-set or carry as an off-camera light source, stylish enough to use as a prop, powerful enough to properly illuminate your compositions. It's simply brilliant.
The original Ice Light swiftly became a firm favourite with photographers, and now this second iteration strikes back with numerous improvements: The 96 CRI light is 50% brighter, the rechargeable battery is now interchangeable, the handle redesigned to house improved controls - including an 18-step dimmer - and the IceLight 2 is fully compatible with existing Ice Light accessories.
- 1740 lumen output with 96 CRI
- 5500K daylight-balanced output
- Ultra-portable for hand-held use
- 1,740 Lumens
- Weighs under 20 ounces
- Removable Li-ion battery
- 60+ minute runtime
- 2.5 hour recharge time
- 18-step dimming from 5% to 100%
- Digital output display
- Built-in Bluetooth capabilities
- ¼"-20 threads for easy mounting
- Looks like a lightsabre. Whummm!
50% Brighter Output
You asked for more power and we delivered. For more effective use in film and photography, Ice Light 2 is engineered with a patented new LED technology offering 50% brighter output than the original. Ice Light 2 offers 1,740 lumens of beautiful daylight-balanced output while maintaining a compact housing.
A Better LED Chip
Ice Light 2's LEDs feature the advantages of high efficiency and colour purity with low energy consumption and long lifetime. Daylight-balanced at 5500K, they're rated for 50,000 hours, or 17+ years if used 8 hours every day.
Better Light Purity
On a scale of 100, the Colour Rendering Index (CRI) measures a light's ability to reveal accurate colours, skin tones and hues. The Ice Light 2 sports a stunning 96 CRI, meaning your subject will be presented in near perfect light.
Flicker-Free for Filmmaking
The Ice Light 2 provides flicker-free output and stable light consistency during every use. Inexpensive power supplies can allow voltage to pass into the LEDs, causing a ripple or flicker that affects the shot.
A new removable lithium-ion battery provides 60+ minutes of runtime at full power and can be charged inside and outside of the unit. Affordable replacement batteries are available for prolonged shooting.
Designed for Portability
Weighing a mere 20 ounces, the Ice Light 2 can be easily operated with one hand, giving photographers and filmmakers the ability to simultaneously shoot and light their subjects.
Wide Light Spread
Unlike traditional LED panels, the Ice Light has a built-in diffuser that is custom-designed to protect the LEDs and provide a vast 73-degree beam angle. This casts a large spread of incredibly soft light over a vast surface area.
- Digital power indicator offers precise control with a 18-step flicker-free range
- Sleek silver buttons adjust light output
- A dedicated on/off power slider with light output memory remembers your last power setting between uses
- Battery indicator displays the current battery level using illuminated blue lights
- The energy-efficient unit draws 15-watts of power to deliver 1,740 lumens of output
- Durable metal housing protects the unit and minimises heat during use for greater longevity
- Both ends include a 1/4"-20 thread to mount to a light stand, tilter bracket, or tripod
- Ice Light 2 is designed for the future with built-in bluetooth with USB connectivity that will allow use with smart device apps
Multi-Voltage & Certified for Safety
Ice Light 2 is multi-voltage from 100 to 240-volts, allowing for worldwide use. It's also is CE certified.
Like its predecessor, the Ice Light 2 was designed by internationally recognised wedding photographer and educator Jerry Ghionis. All of Ice Light 2's improvements are incorporated into the award-winning, ultra-sleek housing.
Compatible with Existing Accessories
Back to top
Ice Light 2 is compatible with all existing accessories including the original Ice Light barndoors, tungsten gels, two-way connectors, and more.