Continuing Leica’s legacy of pioneering photography, the M11-P is the world’s first camera to store metadata by including Content Credentials at the point of capture. This next-generation camera protects the authenticity of digital images whilst boasting a 60MP sensor, Maestro III engine, and highly resistant yet iconic design with 256GBs of internal memory and a compact digital rangefinder system.
Leica M11-P Digital Camera Body Key Features:
- Leica’s first M-series camera that stores metadata with Content Credentials
- Designed to protect the authenticity of digital images in a world of AI
- Captures stunning 60 MP images using a BSI CMOS full-frame sensor
- Triple-resolution technology for capturing 60/36/18MP shots
- Powered by Leica’s Maestro III processing engine with a robust buffer
- Intelligent multi-field exposure metering for perfectly exposed shots
- High-resolution touch display covers 100% of the sRGB colour space
- Improved 3.7MP Visoflex viewfinder for more accurate monitoring
- 64% better battery life (1.800 mAh) with direct access for changes
- Convenient and fast USB-C data transfer and charging
- Pairs with the e Leica FOTOs app for remote control and sharing
- Apple-certified connectivity for pairing with your iPhone or iPad
- Cleaner display with optimised button and menu layout (like SL2/Q3)
- Additional FN button for enhanced user experience and customisation
- Impressive 256GB internal storage for uninterrupted shooting
- Iconic and unobtrusive design for unparalleled elegance
- Scratch-resistant sapphire monitor cover for maximum protection
- Choose from a matte black or silver finish for a personalised touch
How to use the Leica M11-P Digital Camera Body:
Preserve The Authenticity of Every Photo
With AI advancements and image manipulation dominating the creative industries, Leica are the first to make a statement by taking the steps needed to protect authenticity and photographic integrity. As part of the Content Authenticity Initiative, Leica focused on creating a standard framework for validating the legitimacy and origin of digital content. With this intent, Leica’s Content Credentials were born - offering a secure solution that assures authenticity.
As the first camera to introduce this solution, the M11-P includes a secure chipset that stores certificates from a trusted authority, while each image captured is signed using a C2PA-confirmed algorithm. This cutting-edge technology assures content integrity and provenance verification, setting a new standard for digital content protection. To complete this simple three-step process (Activate > Capture + Sign > Verify Image), users can visit contentcredentials.org/verify, or use the dedicated Leica FOTOS app.
M-Series Tech for High-End Results
Akin to the M11, the M11-P benefits from the same industry-leading technology that embodies the best of Leica’s engineering. Showcasing a mastery of camera mechanics, the M11-P has a large 60MP full-frame BSI CMOS sensor with Triple Resolution Technology (60/36/18MP). Leica pairs this powerful sensor with the well-renowned Maestro III processing engine to provide an incredible imaging performance that delivers radiant images with natural colours, vast dynamic range, and exquisite detail.
Showcase Signature Leica Style
The M11-P has some redesigned features to accentuate a signature M-Series look. By intentionally removing the iconic ‘red dot’ or logo, the M11-P showcases an elegant, understated aesthetic that exudes professionalism. Adding a Leica script on the top plate and a scratch-resistant sapphire glass display further reinforces this sophisticated style. And for a personal touch, users can choose between a matte black or silver finish to complement their existing kit.
Seamless Pairing with Smartphones
The M11-P is the perfect companion for mobile workflows. Thanks to its WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity, users can pair their smartphone with the M11-P using the Leica FOTOS app. Pairing devices wirelessly or using the USB-C port makes transferring images seamless. Once paired, users can control their M11-P remotely and edit directly in Capture One Pro, Adobe Lightroom, or the Darkroom app. The M11-P is also an Apple-certified "Made for iPhone® and iPad®" accessory. Using the included Leica FOTOS cable, you can connect the M11-P directly to your Apple device.
Pair with a Leica M-Mount Lens
To support the M11-P launch, Leica released the 28mm f2 Summicron-M ASPH lens at the same time. Leica designed this wide-angle prime to exploit the potential of the most advanced camera sensors and maximise versatility thanks to its intricate combination of 9 elements in 6 groups, a 10-blade diaphragm, an expanded close-up range, and a built-in lens hood. Whilst this lens is an excellent option for photographing landscapes and photography, Leica also offers 35mm and 50mm focal lengths to provide photographers with more flexibility and cover a broader range of subjects.
Leica Firmware Update 2.0.1
With the release of the M11-P, Leica announced a firmware update (2.0.1) for M-series cameras. Firmware updates are available on Leica’s corporate website and via Leica FOTOS on October 26 2023. Please note users must update their firmware to access the features listed below. This update includes:
- Leica M11-P only: users can now sign images with content copyright verification (Leica Content Credentials).
- Leica M11 and Leica M11-P only: New function Extended Dynamic Range for optimising shadows and highlights.
- The function Self-timer is a standalone menu item. Users can combine this function with Single and Exposure Bracketing modes.
- The new menu item Tethering in USB mode allows tethered shooting via USB cable in combination with the Capture One Pro™ and Adobe Photoshop Lightroom™ apps (Necessary plugins available on Leica corporate website).
- The first three characters of the file name are now editable.
- The Touch Mode is now selectable: On, Off, LV Off.
- The camera shutter will now be closed during a lens change.
- Faster connection to Leica FOTOS.
- The remote control function for the camera via Leica FOTOS has significantly accelerated.
What's in the box?
Back to top
- 1 x Leica M11-P Digital Camera Body
- 1 x Body Cap
- 1 x Hotshoe Cover
- 1 x Battery (BP-SCL7)
- 1 x Charger Set (BC-SCL7)
- 1 x USB Cable
- 1 x Leica FOTOS Cable
- 1 x Carrying Strap
- 1 x Quick Start Guide