Leica MP 0.72 Camera Body Key Features:
- The pure mechanical alternative to the popular Leica M7
- 100% slick and stylish mechanical system camera
- Beautiful 35mm film camera tailored to on-the-go reporters
- A great companion for city exploration and travel photography
- Simplified optical design for pure image-makers
- High-accurate focusing, even under poor light conditions
- Tactile central ISO dial - reminiscent of previous Leica camera models
- Metal internal elements to withstand constant operation in harsh conditions
- Compatible with a range of high-performance lenses (21 to 135mm)
- Reliable, quiet, and vibration-free
- Handcrafted design - a camera to last a lifetime
- Compact, thoughtful, and balanced construction
- The combination of over 50 years of optical excellence
Expanded Leica MP 0.72 Camera Body Key Features:
The Meticulous M-Mount Range
The Leica M portfolio is a collection of lenses developed to fulfil the most stringent quality demands for both digital and analogue photography. Their image quality is second-to-none, pairing effortlessly with Leica’s range of compatible high-resolution camera systems. M-mount lenses were first made famous by street photographers such as Henri Cartier-Bresson, Robert Frank, and Sebastiao Salgado. Unrivalled in resolution, contrast, structure, tonal depth, and overall performance - the Leica M-mount range consists of a special breed of camera lens.
The Red Stamp of Approval
Leica stands as one of the most prestigious names in photography, responsible for some of the most memorable photographs in collective memory. The first fully-functioning 35mm camera was in fact a Leica, changing the game for the artistic and journalistic mediums of photography. These values are still held to a high esteem at Leica, with that same red dot sitting proudly upon the M10-R.
What's in the box?
- 1 x Leica MP 0.72 Rangefinder Camera Body
- 2 x MS-76 (SR44/EPX76) 1.5v Silver Batteries
- 1 x Body Cap
- 1 x Neck Strap
- 1 x Flash Socket Cap
- 1 x Limited 1-Year Leica Society Digital Membership
Does this Leica camera system come equipped with the rapid winder?
The rapid winder is an additional accessory that must be purchased separately to the camera body.
How does this differ to the Leica M7?
The Leica M7 is essentially the digital version of this fully-mechanical MP 0.72 camera system.
How long have Leica been producing optics?
The origin of Leica dates as far back as 1849 in Wetzlar, Germany.
Back to top