The Nikon 24-70mm f2.8E AF-S ED VR lens is a fast, wide-angle to medium telephoto zoom that improves upon its predecessor in almost every aspect, in terms of image quality, optical construction, build and speed. Faster, stronger and steadier than ever, the lens is equipped with Nikon's latest VR system with 4 stops of Image Stabilisation and Nikon's exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM).
Key Features: Nikon 24-70mm f2.8E AF-S ED VR
Faster. Stronger. Steadier.
- Professional f/2.8 standard zoom: 24-70mm focal length range (DX-format equivalent: 36–105mm). The go-to wide-angle to medium telephoto zoom, no matter what you shoot.
- Fast f/2.8 aperture: enables exceptional low-light performance and consistent exposure across the entire zoom range.
- Vibration Reduction (VR): minimises camera shake and lets you shoot at shutter speeds up to four stops slower. *1
- Superb performance: this lens yields outstanding clarity and contrast throughout the frame. The optical design effectively counters colour fringing and chromatic aberration, and controls distortion throughout the zoom range.
- Advanced optical construction: includes a newly developed aspherical extra-low-dispersion (ED) glass element, as well as three aspherical lens elements, two ED glass elements and a High Refractive Index (HRI) element.
- Nano Crystal Coat: reduces ghosting and flare for greater image clarity.
- Electromagnetic diaphragm: enables consistent, more precise exposures during high-speed bursts.
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM): ultra-fast, ultra-quiet autofocus performance with seamless manual override.
- Rugged and reliable: resilient and sturdy construction built for intensive and demanding professional use.
- Fluorine coating: actively repels water, dust, and dirt without compromising image quality. The coating is applied to the protective glass on the front and rear elements of the lens, where it also makes it easier to clean the glass without damaging the surface.
- Included: detachable hood with lock, and soft case.
Optical Precision to the Edge of the Frame
A first for NIKKOR lenses, a new Aspherical Extra-Low Dispersion (ASP/ED) element is paired with traditional AS, ED and HRI elements for a thrilling new level of optical precision. Photos and videos take on a beautiful balance of sharpness and soft blur effects, virtually free of flare, ghosting, coma, chromatic or spherical aberration, even at the far edges of the frame. For those who thrive on image quality, the AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR delivers.
Versatility, Speed and Durability
24-70mm is the sweet spot of the zoom range for many photographers, great for everything from landscapes and studio work to weddings and press events. The f/2.8 constant aperture allows for faster shutter speeds to freeze fast action, renders a beautiful bokeh blur and performs brilliantly in low light. Add an electromagnetic diaphragm for fast auto-exposure control plus the protection of Nikon's fluorine coat on the front and rear glass, and you've got the ultimate workhorse for nearly any situation.
4.0 stops of Vibration Reduction
To complete the evolution, the AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR also includes Nikon's Vibration Reduction image stabilization technology. It reduces camera shake and vibration up to ~4.0 stops*. Capture sharp, steady handheld stills and HD videos, and shoot at slower shutter speeds in low-light situations without sacrificing sharpness. Versatility, enhanced.
Built for Demanding Professionals
With a highly durable build quality designed to withstand the severest shooting environments, Fluorine coatings on the front and rear elements for easy cleaning, a rear rubber gasket to help keep moisture out, the AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR is ready for your toughest assignments.
Nikon Terminology Breakdown:
AS = Aspherical Lens
A lens with a curved, non-spherical surface. Used to reduce aberrations and enable a more compact lens size. Aspherical lenses minimize coma and other types of lens aberrations, even when used at the widest aperture. They are particularly useful in correcting distortion in wide-angle lenses and help contribute to a lighter, more compact design by reducing the number of standard (spherical) elements necessary. Aspherical lens elements correct these distortions by continuously changing the refractive index from the center of the lens.
E = Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism
An electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism in the lens barrel provides highly accurate electronic diaphragm or aperture blade control when using auto exposure during continuous shooting. With conventional D/G type lenses, the diaphragm blades are operated by mechanical linkage levers.
ED = Extra-Low Dispersion Glass
An optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
HRI = High Refractive Index Lens
With a refractive index of more than 2.0, one HRI lens can offer effects equivalent to those obtained with several normal glass elements and can compensate for both field curvature and spherical aberrations. Therefore, HRI lenses achieve great optical performance in an even more compact body.
IF = Internal Focusing System
A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. Thus, IF NIKKORS do not change in size during AF operation, allowing for compact, lightweight lenses capable of closer focusing distances. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.
M/A = Manual/Automatic
Select NIKKOR lenses have a focusing mode which allows switching from automatic to manual focusing with virtually no lag time by simply turning the focusing ring on the lens.
N = Nano Crystal Coat
An anti-reflective coating developed by Nikon that virtually eliminates internal lens element reflections across a wide range of wavelengths. Nano Crystal Coat solves ghost effects caused by red light and effectively reduces ghost and flare caused by light entering the lens diagonally.
SWM = Silent Wave Motor
AF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor, which represents a significant advance in AF lens technology.
SIC = Super Integrated Coating
Nikon Super Integrated Coating is Nikon's term for its multilayer coating of the optical elements in NIKKOR lenses.
VR = Vibration Reduction
A Nikon in-lens technology that improves image stability by automatically compensating for camera shake. Lenses that offer VR will feature the abbreviation VR on the lens barrel.
Back to top
Spread the Cost
Spread the cost of this item over 12 months. With a 0% finance, no deposit and monthly repayments by direct debit this option is simple to manage. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||11 x £139.08
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
How does it work?
Where a qualifying product is added to your basket, the full value of your basket, including any accessories purchases, will be eligible for interest free credit. This is subject to the value of the additional products not exceeding the value of the qualifying product. No deposit is required and payments will be collected by direct debit in monthly instalments, the first instalment being collected 30 days after shipment of the product.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.