The Sekonic Litemaster Pro L-478DR-PX light meter for Phottix is an optional accessory for measuring the intensity of light to ensure you get the correct exposure when taking an image. Keeping pace with wireless advancements, the L-478DR-PX comes complete with exclusive Phottix wireless triggering technology which combines light measurement with triggering as selected Channels and Groups providing amazing control in your hand. Compact and lightweight the PRO L-478 is comfortable and intuitive to use. The full colour 2.7-inch LCD touch screen displays ambient, flash, cine and other information in a clear and easy to understand format.
For Still Photographers:
- Full featured Ambient-Flash modes including new T-F mode
- Measure, compare, and mix ambient and flash displayed on a color, touch screen for beautiful, controlled, results
- DTS Exposure Profiling matches the meter to the performance of your camera
- Precise exposure and lighting starts with precise, repeatable metering
- Radio triggering and Flash Power Setting w/Elincrhom flashes with Skyport receivers
- Flash Group selection and power control with a touch of a finger
- Cine/HD Cine modes for today's HDSLR and Video Cine cameras
- Effortlessly switch between HDSLR and Cine for exact exposure settings in exact increments for both
- Infinite frame rate and shutter angle selection
- Create special settings for special applications.Video cine cameras are becoming boundless. Metering should be too
- Unique, light-source filtration compensation mode
- Finally, precise control lighting using industry standard CTO/CTB/ND types at the touch of a finger
- Illumination measurement and extended ISO range
- Lighting design and exposure in a single tool. ISO and exposure settings to match today's digital cameras
LiteMaster Pro L-478DR-PX
Sekonic's LITEMASTER PRO L-478-Series meters are the world's first touch-screen-operated light meters. They have an array of unique, must-have features for both still and motion story tellers. Their compact size is both instantly familiar and comfortable to use. A large LCD (2.7") displays ambient, flash, cine and a host of other information in a clear and understandable way. Settings are made by simply touching or sliding a finger over the screen.
The L-478 meters can be quickly calibrated to your camera using Sekonic's Data Transfer software and either Sekonic or X-Rite Brand targets or by manually inputting data to the DTS program or on the meter itself.
Visit our Data Transfer Software page for downloads, information, and compatibility questions.
Keeping pace with wireless advancements, the L-478DR-PX comes complete with exclusive Phottix wireless triggering technology which combines light measurement with triggering as selected Channels and Groups providing amazing control in your hand.
The L-478DR-PX has a radio module and antenna built into the meter. The system transmits at 2.4GHz and uses Phottix Strato II signal protocols that can trigger channels and groups to fire any flash connected to a Phottix Strato or Strato II receiver or Atlas II set to receive as well as Phottix Mitros+ and Indra flashes set to Strato II receive function. When shooting, photographers can pick from various Phottix transmitters including the Odin, Odin II, Strato, Strato II, Strato TTL, and Atlas II set for transmit.
The L-478 series meters offer the following languages in the interface: Japanese, English and Chinese. Depending on the country where the meter is purchased, the language is fixed and cannot be changed by the user.
Please be sure to check the radio frequency and language before purchase.
- Packaging Weight 0.77 lb. (0,35 kg)
- Packaging Dimensions 8.26" L x 5.82" W x 1.96" H (21cm x 14.8cm x 5cm)
- Receptor Head Incident light and reflected light
- Light Receiving Method Incident light and reflected light
- Receptor Incident Light Convertible to flat diffuser (Lumisphere in retracted position)
- Receptor Reflected Light 5° spot with optional viewfinder
- Flash Analyzing Function 0 to 100% in 10% increments
- Multiple Flash Function Infinite number of flash readings (Only one digit is displayed when the cumulated number is ten or more)
- Calibration Compensation (+/-) 1.0 EV (in 1/10 stops)
- Exposure Compensation (+/-) 9.9 EV (in 1/10 stops)
- Custom Functions 14 custom functions
- Auto Power Off Selectable in Custom Functions
Measuring Range and Modes
- Measuring Modes Ambient Light Aperture priority, Shutter speed priority, TF priority, CINE, HD Cine, Illuminance (lx/fc), Luminance (cdm2/fl)
- Measuring Modes Flash Cord (PC), Cordless, Radio Triggering (with/without mulitple cumulative)
- Measuring Range (ISO 100) Flash 0.63 to 2,000,000 lux - 0.10 to 180,000 fc
- Measuring Range Brightness 0.25 to 190,000 cd/m2 - 0.10 to 190,000 foot lamberts
Display Range and Modes
- Display Range Film Speed ISO 3 to 409,600 (in 1/3 stops)
- Display Range Shutter Speeds Ambient 31 min. to 1/64,000 sec. plus 1/200, 1/400 sec (in 1, 1/2 and 1/3 stops)
- Display Range Shutter Speeds Flash 31 min. to 1/1000 sec plus 1/75, 1/80, 1/90, 1/100, 1/200, 1/400
- Display Range Aperture f/0.5 to f/161.2 (in 1, 1/2 and 1/3 stops)
- Display Range EV EV-27.9 to EV55.8 (with Incident light reading of ambient light)
- Display Range Cine Speeds fps 2 to 1000 f/s, plus user created settings: 20 entries
- Display Range Shutter Angle 1°to 358°, plus user created settings: 20 entries
- Battery(Power): 3 Type AA 1.5V Batteries Alkaline, Manganese, Lithium, Nickel Hydride, Nickel Based
- Battery Power Indicator
- Display: Icon with 3 status
Back to top
- Radio Triggering System: Phottix
- Frequency: 2.4GHz
- Triggering Range: Up to 100 feet, Transmitter-Receiver
- Frequencies/Groups: Normal: 20 Frequencies / 4 Groups
- Speed: 20 Frequencies / 4 Groups
Buy Now Pay Later
With our no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £15.23
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photographic act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.