Sigma fp L Digital Camera Body Key Features:
- One of the World's smallest and lightest full-frame cameras
- Builds off the foundations of its predecessor - the Sigma fp
- A 61 Megapixel Back-illuminated Bayer CMOS sensor
- Provides incredibly high-quality images and video capture
- Exceptional fine details with accurately rendered colours
- The addition of a low-pass filter contributes to image quality
- The large image sensors allows for effective crop zoom mode
- Crop Zoom mode optimised for both stills and videos
- Fast and precise contrast & phase-detection autofocus performance
- Hybrid AF offers smooth & accurate use for both video and stills
- 15 creative and versatile colour modes to choose from
- Can be used as a professional webcam via USB-C connection
- Supports 3 professional RAW file formats and frame rates
- It's tiny size makes this camera perfect for travel photographers
- An easy-to-use and intuitive rear touch LCD screen
- The L-mount is compatible with an array of Sigma lenses
- The camera supports Leicia and Panasonic L-mount lenses too
- Supports USB charging whilst in use
Expanded Sigma fp L Digital Camera Body Key Features:
Great Things in Small Packages
The Sigma fp L is afforded a mighty 61 Megapixel Back-illuminated Bayer CMOS sensor which in turn is this camera's key to unlocking impeccable image quality for both stills and video capture. The footage is exceptionally detailed and features precision colour rendering that results in true-to-life colours. In addition to this powerful sensor, Sigma included a low-pass filter which further adds to the overall optical performance of the fp L by significantly reducing the effects and appearance of moiré.
Intuitive Pinch and Zoom
Having such a powerful 61MP imaging sensor not only provides that incredible image quality at full-resolution, but the quality can be maintained when cropping into an image. Because of this, Sigma produced a specific digital Crop Zoom feature which is designed for use in both the Cine and Stills modes, effectively increasing the focal length of your lens. Video-wise, this feature can be best utilised when filming in full HD where you can achieve a maximum of a 5x zoom without even a hint of lowered image quality. The Crop Zoom feature is designed to make your shooting more flexible, especially when using fixed-length prime lenses, as well as for those who travel and require a reduced weight capacity.
Fast and Accurate AF
Yet another surprise in this tiny full-frame camera is its advanced autofocus system. This system uses both a highly accurate contrast AF as well as an impressively quick phase-detection AF. With this Hybrid Autofocus, the Sigma fp L is capable of great things, accurately and quickly acquiring focus, and then maintaining that focus as it tracks your subject across the frame. Moreover, this is effective across both stills and video productions, which only adds to the versatility of this camera.
Stylish, Robust, Portable
The fp L adopts the same form factor as its predecessor, the Sigma fp. Both the front and back sides of the camera are covered with die-cast Aluminium-Alloy that is lightweight, durable and provides a premium finish. Again, thermal conductivity is ensured thanks to Sigma's advanced heat-sink construction and as with the fp, the fp L is sealed at the same 42 points to guard against dust and moisture. Finally, another feature that is brought through to this body is the ever-useful ¼-inch thread which can be used for mounting to a tripod, gimbal or even a strap holder. This, of course, provides even more flexibility to what is the ultimate travel camera. But this lightweight a versatile build lens itself to all sorts of applications where size and/or discretion comes into consideration.
What's in the box?
- 1 x Sigma fp L Digital Camera Body
- 1 x Li-ion Battery Pack BP-51
- 1 x Strap Strap
- 1 x Strap Holder SH-11
- 1 x USB AC Adapter UAC-21
- 1 x USB Cable (C-C) SUC-41
- 1 x Hot Shoe Unit HU-11
- 1 x Body Cap
- 1 x Instruction Manual
- 1 x Limited Warranty
- 1 x Warranty Sticker
How does the fp L differ to the original Sigma fp?
The fp L is host to a range of new features, but most notably is the massively upgraded 61MP sensor over the fp's 24.6MP sensor. This huge sensor upgrade allows this camera to become the ultimate camera for travel photographers.
Is there any sort of viewfinder that I can use?
The previous version of this camera did not have an EVF option, but here is yet another area that Sigma has thought about. Sigma has produced a true feat of engineering with the Sigma EVF-11 Electronic Viewfinder. This is available on its own, but can be purchased with the camera in an attractive Sigma fp L Digital Camera with EVF kit.
What is this camera best used for?
Thanks to its size, the fp L really lends itself to travel photographers and videographers. Moreover, that huge sensor and advanced Crop Zoom mode allow those who travel the luxury of reducing the number of lenses to bring with you and therefore, lowers your kit bag weight.
Roughly how long will the battery last on a full charge?
On a full charger, you're looking at capturing approximately 240 images or up to approximately 60 minutes of video footage on a single charge.
Is this camera weatherproof?
The Sigma fp L offers a dust and splash-proof structure.
Is this camera good for vlogging?
Thanks to its size and weight, you could easily use this as a high-quality vlogging camera. To make it even easier, you could mount this to a gimbal for added stability whilst filming.
Back to top