The Lowepro Whistler BP 450 AW is a versatile, 4-season all-weather backpack for wildlife and travel photographers who carry a combination of camera, video and functional outdoor gear. The large main compartment is made up lots of customisable dividers which can be manipulated to hold a Pro DSLR with lens attached, 4-6 additional lenses, flash and accessories. The front pocket expands to fit outdoor equipment and the top pocket is perfect for personal items. There are also adjustable side straps for holding heavy gear like skis, ice tools or a pro tripod, whilst still allowing access to the main compartment.
Whistler BP 450: Key Features
- Fits: Pro DSLR with lens attached, 4-6 additional lenses, flash and accessories
- 4-season technical pack with space for photo, video, and essential outdoor gear
- Outstanding access with hinged, body-side access and lots of pocket and strap attachments
- Extra-protective build for snow, rain, dust, sand and wet gear
- Premium organization with MaxFit interior and lots of space for a wide array of gear
- Rigid internal structure supports attachment of heavy and long skis, poles, tripods, axes, etc.
- Materials: 420D Nylon Oxford, 420 with TPU coating, 210D nylon, Hypalon
A true, all-season and versatile pack, the Whistler delivers amazing performance for wilderness photographers and adventurers who carry an equal measure of camera, video and functional outdoor gear.
The inventive and technical Whistler alpine pack is reminiscent of our brand heritage, and the adventures that led founder Greg Lowe to create a carry solution for his passions.
Designed and tested by professional photographers, including Whistler shooter Paul Morrison, in the extreme conditions of the Coast Mountains of British Columbia, Canada.
Behind-the-Design Materials & Hardware
Back to top
- 420 denier ripstop nylon with a TPU face coating and PU interior coating: the 420d weight is the perfect balance of weight and durability, and the TPU coating adds robust abrasion and tear strengths while also making the fabric surface waterproof.
- Glove-friendly, Nifco brand side-release buckles provide ease of use in any conditions, regardless of the season.
- All-metal Duraflex brand hooks for attaching the accessory straps to the bag: these hooks are rated at 100kg and will stand the test of time and load.
- 420 denier high-density nylon is light, tough and durable, so we added to sides of the pack.
- Hypalon base: this is our super-tough, super-waterproof, and all-around super-good fabric. This is about as good as it gets in terms of a material that is supple, yet very hard wearing. It offers extreme weather resistance.
- We use two different density foams to gain both structure and comfort at the shoulder straps and hip belt.
- ITW branded side-release buckle system for the chest strap: we chose this option as the female side is 'x-ed' on webbing, allowing for one-handed function of the chest strap.
- Custom, heat-embossed nylon and spandex-blended fabric: the spandex provides softness for these high-contact points and the nylon provides long-lasting term durability.
Back to top
||Pro DSLR with lens attached, 4-6 additional lenses, flash and accessories
|Laptop Compartment Size
||420D Nylon Oxford
||310 x 302 x 572 mm
||242 x 166 x 400 mm